[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in buying a gun for personal defense. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1392333801937.png (13KB, 549x518px) Image search: [Google]
1392333801937.png
13KB, 549x518px
I'm interested in buying a gun for personal defense. I want to have a handgun to carry on my person and in my car, my question is should I have something more powerful to keep in case of home invasions or is a handgun realistically all I need?
>>
>>34576055
Handgun is all you'll need in case of robbery or home defence. In most cases you won't have to even shoot. But mor gunz beter gunz. If someone will try to rape your dog and you would have to kill them both (beacouse dog is now halal) shotgun is better option
>>
>>34576055
>my question is should I have something more powerful to keep in case of home invasions
Absolutely. Even the best handguns are weak compared to a good rifle. Even the humble 30-30 can make a formidable house weapon.
>>
>>34576055
Ideally you should have carry gun and a home gun, however if for some reason you are unable this isn't that much of a problem.

Thing is that dedicated carry gun is better at being carried(tautology), and doesn't have to be very powerful (realistically .380 auto or .38 snub is all you need, single stack 9mm is most you should go), while a dual purpose gun should have bit more fire power (glock 19-ish size double stack gun).
>>
>>34576055

Ideally you would have a long arm for home defense along the lines of a shotgun, AR, or AK and a pistol for every day carry. Just a pistol will suffice for all roles though.
>>
You need liscence to carry a handgun on your person and even your car in some states. Google (your state). You will have to pay $50-70 to take a shooting and saftey class to get your liscence. A handgun is better than no gun at all, so as long as are proficient (train with your firearm) you will have a relaticely high degree of protection.

I assume your either a shemale or a female, so you will have to work harder than a male to protect yourself, even with a handgun. TRAIN WITH YOUR GUN, go to the range and shoot it, develope a degree of accuracy with a mid tier cartridge. 9mm or .380 would be better for you.

A shotgun is ideal for home defense. 00 buchshot is the best for homes, #4 buckshot for apartments or places with thin walls, bullets can go through wall and injure people. BECOME PROFICIENT WITH YOUR WEAPON, no matter what it is.
>>
>>34576055
REALISTICALLY a handgun is all you need. Statistics show that most defenses are resolved without a shot being fired and most of the ones that DO involve shooting are resolved in 1-2 shots.

That being said, if you'd feel safer with more dakka, then go for it.
>>
>>34576626
Arizona fag here. If you live here you don't even need a license to conceal carry. Even better, the background check only takes a minute so you could buy a gun in less time than it takes to buy a pack of smokes.
>>
>>34576055
a handgun in 9, .45, or pretty much any other caliber will be sufficient enough to stop a threat. It's all about shot placement.
>>
>>34576055
buy an LCP ladyboi
>>
A handgun is usable but a long gun is statistically more effective. A handgun will work though, and has some mobility benefits, so if you're on a budget or you're just getting started then a handgun will do.
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power

But if you have time & money then get a rifle. There's some great defensive 5.56 ammo on the market nowadays.
https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm#.223
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.