[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ship for Benning tomorrow with an 11 series contract. Last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0501.png (68KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.png
68KB, 460x368px
Ship for Benning tomorrow with an 11 series contract.

Last minute advice and tips appreciated.

>AMA

Goals: max PFT continually through OSUT, go through airborne (in my contract already), and pass RASP (in contract as RGV4)
>>
Learn to go with the flow. Don't EVER. Argue. Practice ruck marching. Always reply with short and simple answers.

If they still have the cocktail space at chow. Mix it with everything. When you eat, take a bite then take a sip of Gatorade/water and swallow it down at once. Colored greens are just boiled grass clippings. Stuff it with napkins to make it look like you ate them.
>>
Also be careful in airborne. Don't break your ankle or knees. You don't have any down time between airborne and RIP. Don't expect to pass RIP either. It's less than 10% that get selected. Usually non infantry gets picked. 1 or 2 11 series gets selected.
>>
Suck dick for cigarettes.
>>
>>34573404
If I pass the physical standard for the rasp (maybe not max the 5 mile run, but maxing all else [37 mins vs 35 max]), knowing land navigation already...

Where else would i expect to fail?
>>
>>34573414
Psychological. It's a selection process. They look at EVERYTHING to see if you'll fit into Ranger standards. Just PT like a mother fucker through OSUT and absorb EVERYTHING they teach you. Help your battle buddies to complete your objectives. Try to show leadership.
>>
And you need to be very skilled at what you're doing. Being a PT stud will only get you so far.
>>
Are you on a 3 year contract? What rank are you going in as?
>>
I'm leaving for 31B OSUT at Leonard Wood soon with a CID contract. Anybody have any tips for OSUT? How hard is the PT?
>>
>>34573324
Hey high speed listen up.
Had on 11X40 myself, and RASP will fuck with your head, because they want you psych yourself out. I broke my arm in RASP, and instead of recycling I got sent to my first unit.
Learn everything about your weapons, from sports (Slap mag, pull Charging handle, observe ejection port, release charging handle, tap forward assist, squeeze trigger) for an m4 to learning the basics of getting behind an m14 emr/ebr.
Don't buy the first car out of the lot, consult your leadership and ask your team leader and squad leader for help. Don't skip over them.
Always carry pen, paper, water, and dog tags.
2nd lts are just like you, just get paid better.
Remember that you no matter what will get E4, so take your time and really think if you wanna go nco.
Don't rat out your buddies.
Always carry two of everything, you will become valuable and dependable.

Life at Garrison sucks. training sucks.
Deployments are godly and fantastic.

Don't ostricize the non infantry. You never know when your gonna need a favor from S1, or the docs.
>>
>>34573653
>Remember that you no matter what will get E4, so take your time and really think if you wanna go nco.

This is important. I was 11b, and i spent more time as a pfc than i did as a spc. I regret not being a joe longer, honestly. I was only in for 7 years, and i had more time as a squad leader than anything else. I was competent, and it was rewarding to lead and take care of a bunch of muldoons, but i seriously wish i had spent more time just being a trigger puller.
>>
Enjoy your future medical problems. Fucked ankles abd knees definitely knees from long ruck marches. Don't forget back problems from having all that useless weight on your shoulders with an IOTV that never sits comfortably. Enjoy knee braces in 5 years from airborne. Hope you like ibuprofen. Go ahead and develop your unhealthy drinking habits now. Times everything I said by 10 if you make it through ranger school and go to batt. Don't expect any help from the VA when you get out. Try not to get blown up or shot. And try not to think about it too hard when your buddies beside you do. As always thanks for choosing the US Army Infantry! We look foreward to being your friend at basic training.

t. Combat medic, Army.
>>
>>34573324
Think no further than the next meal or two.

Basic is easy. RASP is what you expected basic to actually be.

Don't drop out or you'll go to the 82nd, which is the shithole of the Army.
>>
>>34574152

>Don't drop out or you'll go to the 82nd, which is the shithole of the Army.

Truth. You'll spend your first rotations doing everything you can to transfer out to another unit, then spend the rest of your career talking about "well, back in the 82nd what we would do is..."
>>
>>34573324
dont use your camelback as a porta latrine, and yes, i do need to warn you about it, because every class theres that 1 guy who will piss in it
>>
>>34573601
CID? Sure buddy
>>
>>34573497
4 Years, 19 weeks.

E-2.
>>
>>34575720
What?
>>
Buy a watch at the PX. For some reason, you'll be obsessed with wanting to know the time.

When you're standing in formation or when it's lights out, shut the fuck up. Don't talk to your neighbor, don't make random ass noises, just be fucking quiet.

Don't pick fights with people.

Don't go telling other privates what to do. Just go with the flow.
>>
>>34573324
I got out of osut a few weeks ago. If they send your ass to 2-58 you'll have to deal with females. Everything else is all male. I just started airborne today and like all the females failed the PT test miserably.
>>
>>34575720
College grads can enlist directly into CID now
>>
File: ChallengeCoin.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
ChallengeCoin.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>34573324

Turn off your mind; do not think outside of what you're told to think about. Maxing your run is cool but SU and PU are more important. Get a 270+ or say bye bye to RIP.
>>34573404

Uh...what? Not true. It's more like 1/3rd, but hey...maybe for you it was. Other than that, great advice on AB training. Do not get hurt, and if you do treat it ASAP! If you have the option to rest or hang out, fucking rest OP. Always rest over everything.

>>34573414

The run is what they're looking at. I just passed my 3rd RPFT, and the run is everything. The PUs and SUs are easy, but they're looking for you to max or get atleast a 285+. Some of these POGs "max" their APFT because the Instructors give them a lot of leeway with their form. Your Ranger instructor is going to be a fucking form nazi. Take care of your fucking feet.

MAKE SURE YOUR BOOTS FIT BEFORE YOU LEAVE 30TH AG! DO NOT LET THOSE COONS GIVE YOU SHITTY FITTING BOOTS!

Seriously, I do not know how many dudes suffered because of that. I just left Fox 1-50 and we had not one but two DS who were long tabbed. We rucked and rucked and rucked. We did a 10 a 12 a 16 a 20 and finally a 22 miler. So, for the love of fuck take care of your feet.

Compete in everything. I got SoC and I'm a Nasty Girl who is now going to Ranger school, BLC, Air Asslt all within my first year. Fucking fight for everything and stay humble. I'm a SPC because I have my degrees, but brother it's easy as shit to get. Just stay on the grind, do extra PT, if you have shit bags in your platoon/company fucking do not hang w/ them. DS will think you're part of that group and group you in with them.

Fucking rape people in combatives. That shit can save your life.

Stay focus, keep moving and never fucking quit. That blue cord may not make you a better man but what it takes to earn one will.

Good luck, and have fun.
>>
>>34577732
Fuck it, EO.
>>
>>34573324

>Benning

My area of the country! The Hooters near Veterans Pkwy is the tits and many of the local businesses give vet/mil discounts, including Krispy Kreme. There's a shitty gun show in town a few times a year. There are enough whores and hookers hot for GI dick that you could fuck a different bitch every day of the year throughout your entire contract. Oh, and Shooters in Columbus is the worst fucking gun store there is, so don't even bother going. Seriously, fuck them.

Avoid Phenix City when possible, too. If you think Columbus is Coon Central, wait until you go to Phenix City.
>>
>>34577859

For the love of fuck, don't tell me you're from F-150.
>>
I ship to Ft. Sill next week for BCT, any other tips other than those mentioned already?
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (143KB, 612x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
143KB, 612x645px
I'm reporting for a week long ROTC cadet orientation in like a month. I know it's not basic training (pretty much just gear issue, apft, basic soldiering skills) but what can I do to distinguish myself throughout my time at their ROTC battalion?

I was qualified, not selected for West Point this year (my district is like the 2nd or 3rd toughest in the nation) and I am looking to reapply next year.

Also, I know this is an enlistment thread, but what made an officer stand out as particularly good or particularly bad to you?
>>
>>34578988
There are three types of leadership:
Tactical, Operational, and Strategic. Exceptions happen everywhere in stressful times, but I, personally, don't like deciding what point B is, but I would much prefer how to get there.

with this in mind, strategic leadership is out of the way in my opinion, and that's all O-5s and above. Whereas the only strategic Enlistedmen and Warrant Officers are a few rare E-9s and CW4-5s.

Continuing from this, it allows for longer RCPs, more consistent progression, and a more gruntish lifestyle.
>>
>>34578988
>but what can I do to distinguish myself throughout my time at their ROTC battalion?
Keep your head on a swivel and take everything as a learning experience. You will learn more from shitty examples of leadership than you will good. Think about it like this, will the enlisted men you command respect you for acting like a spotlight ranger? No, they won't. They'll think you're a dickhead. Whenever you are on ROTC time take everything as seriously as possible, but with a grain of salt. Master the basics that the NCOs in the program try and teach you and for fucks sake reach out to them if you have a question. They are there to train you because you're going to be the guy in charge at some point in the future. They are a resource, use it. Take your PT and grades seriously. ROTC has few metrics to judge you off of. If you are a stud that only works in your favor.

>I was qualified, not selected for West Point this year (my district is like the 2nd or 3rd toughest in the nation) and I am looking to reapply next year.
See how you like your first year before doing that. West Point isn't for everybody (bias, SMC grad here).

>but what made an officer stand out as particularly good or particularly bad to you?
The guys I know that went on to find success as officers were all guys that were humble and had a good sense of humor. You're going to make mistakes as an LT. What would set you apart is if you learn from those mistakes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.