[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear a lot of bitching about the NRA, but it's all very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 17

File: nra.png (280KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
nra.png
280KB, 1024x1024px
I hear a lot of bitching about the NRA, but it's all very vague. Give me a convincing reason not to support the NRA. Be specific. Tell me what exactly the NRA has done (or not done) to deserve your scorn.
>>
Every fucking day with this COINTELPRO shit, eh?
>>
>>34571044
What are you talking about? What does COINTELPRO have to do with the NRA?
>>
The NRA hasn't had anything to do with marksmanship for 20 years.
>>
>>34570982

The NRA is frequently seen (not without justification) as not doing enough to protect our rights and roll back restrictions. They have also been known to make deals that are good for manufacturers, but not for consumers (such as import restrictions).
>>
>>34570982
They're literally just republican propaganda.
>>
>>34571287
The NRA is not some all powerful group that can dictate to legislative bodies. The idea that laws restricting gun rights exist simply because the NRA chooses not to fight them is ridiculous. Also, if the NRA is so against imports why would they have helped to draft and support the Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act?

>>34571197
Yeah except sanctioning, sponsoring, and supporting countless organizations, events, and programs involved in the shooting sports. The primary focus of the NRA is promoting shooting sports, only a small fraction of their resources is allocated to lobbying activity.
>>
>>34571443

Sure, but that doesn't mean the victims of those laws don't want to blame someone.

Also the NRA supporting some import restrictions doesn't mean that they are flatly against imports.

As for recent developments I'll say this, it appears that the NRA is going on the offensive for the first time in a long time. They're actually paired up pretty close with The Donald by all appearances and we have the most pro-gun government in decades.
>>
File: 1493947933708m.jpg (19KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1493947933708m.jpg
19KB, 1024x576px
>>34570982
Cali fag reporting in

If you had asked the same question a year or two ago I would have said fuck them for not doing anything.
But now with them and the CRPA putting a bunch of lawsuits against all these new gun laws, I'm really happy to be a member. They made the California DOJ sweat with the whole magazine thing being upheld, the AW bill under a lot of fire, and the ammo law having missed some important deadlines.
I think the California government didn't think there would be so much fight since the NRA really hadnt done much before. I'm honestly pretty optimistic about some changes happening here in California, and if these changes can happen here, they can happen everywhere.
As soon as this dumb handgun roster is kill I'm gonna buy a fucking Colt 1911 because I missed the boat and want one
>>
>>34571541
godspeed. make cali tolerable again.
>>
>>34571462
Which specific import restrictions were supported by the NRA? How did the NRA support them?

Its important to remember that NRAs political actives focus on the 2nd amendment. The restrictions Russian and Chinese weapons are foreign relations and trade issues. Even the most generous interpretation of the 2nd amendment can really only be applied to the domestic arms markets.
>>
File: 7.jpg (108KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
108KB, 800x451px
lightning rod for anti fun.
>>
>>34570982
New York fag here

There's a bill in committee to repeal the safe act and I fully hope thr nra gets behind it. The only real obstacle is to somehow get past Cuomo but from the way it's looking since the bill is in committee still right now we won't hear about this bill till next year.
>>
NRA are fudds.
>>
>>34570982
Single fucking reason to join the NRA
>it is all the anti-gun group knows about and all they care about
Just join to give them the extra +1 membership to help the anti-gun crowd shit bricks when they actually do something. It only really costs like $25-30 a year when they run a deal of some sort. Then throw your real support behind an organization that fallows you exact beliefs.

Also note, the group everybody assumes is the NRA is really the NRA-ILA. Joining the NRA, does not give any funding to the ILA, since the ILA is a lobbying group and the NRA is a non-profit group. The ILA gets its money via direct donations of time and money (directly citing ILA as the destination of the donation) and legal fee reimbursement for civil rights cases (the majority of the lawyers it "employs" work for free so free money). Membership in the NRA does automatically give you ILA membership though.

The NRA sets the standards for safe gun handling. Organizes nearly every open or invitational completion shoot. "Runs" nearly every RSO, CCW, hunter safety, general gun safety course that there is.
>>
File: D735-2.jpg (295KB, 900x524px) Image search: [Google]
D735-2.jpg
295KB, 900x524px
>>34570982
If the NRA was a person, they'd own a Super-duty truck for literally no other reason than "Muh Huritage" and fly both a DTOM flag and a Thin Blue Line flag and probably a confederate battle flag all at the same time. They're honestly taken that level of cognitive dissonance up a few notches.

They're just a lobby group that helps Republicans get in office, they don't give a shit about you, or your guns, just your vote and money.

Joining an association like that is just your name on another list.
>>
File: 6cf.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>34570982
They're a business whose sole existence is to peddle pens, backpacks, t-shirts, and endless donation letters

They didn't say or do anything when the Molot ban happened and their HPA support is currently very lackluster. I challenge all of you... name ONE meaningful thing that they've accomplished in the last 5 years. Near as I can tell, the only thing they're good for is pushing back a little when SandyHook-type-shit happens.

Literally useless. I'm gonna stop donating and cancel my membership I think.
>>
>>34571443
Thread should have ended with this post. Fuck the concern trolls.
>>
NRA only cares about the interests of US gun manufacturers. They simply pretend to care about gun laws and 'promise to protect 2A rights' while at the same time being massive fearmongers just to get more money from gun enthusiasts. 'Pro 2A' these days simply means 'i wont take away gun rights'. none of these groups ever try to restore rights.
>>
>>34570982
I support the NRA because they make gun grabbers diamond mad. That's how I know they're doing something right.
>>
>>34571312
If the DNC didn't choose to be gun grabbers, then the NRA would stop shitting on them.
>>
>>34573278
>They didn't say or do anything when the Molot ban happened
that's because they're nothing more than a lobbying group for US gun manufacturers.

>>34573291
>NRA only cares about the interests of US gun manufacturers.
this. they don't give a fuck about gun owners.
>>
>>34573300

bullshit. even if democrats gave up on gun control entirely the NRA would still try to scare gun owners because its so fucking easy to do. Gun owners are one of the easiest groups of people to manipulate, all you have to do is tell them someone is out to take their guns and they will shower you with money to make it not happen.
>>
>>34573319
If the democrats stopped saying they want to take away our guns, the NRA would stop publishing magazines article about democrats saying they want to take our guns. Democrats are not the victims here.

You're upset because gun owners are among the savviest consumers in America. In nearly all other consumer segments a boycott means jack shit and political involvement is next to nonexistent. Gun owners have a track record of actually putting their money where their mouth is, and that makes you hate them. You're jealous of their resolve.
>>
>>34573360
>gun owners are among the savviest consumers in America.
hahahahhahahahaha
>>
>>34573370
In what other consumer segment does a manufacturer boycott over political violations ever amount to jack shit?

Gun owners more than any other consumer segment know what manufacturers are doing, care when they do something wrong, boycott them, and often hold onto those grudges almost to a fault.
>>
>>34573360
>Democrats are not the victims here.
i never said that please don't put words in my mouth.

>Gun owners have a track record of actually putting their money where their mouth is, and that makes you hate them. You're jealous of their resolve.

gun owners have a track record of responding to gun control scares with excessive panic buying just so they can jew their fellow man. and how come im automatically not a gun owner simply because im being introspective?
>>
>>34573405
>>gun owners have a track record of responding to gun control scares with excessive panic buying just so they can jew their fellow man.
Who are gun owners "jewing" when they buy guns in response to the DNC threatening to take guns away?

"Jewing" the DNC by shitting all over their intent perhaps.
>>
A CCW holder got killed reaching for his permit, and they didn't say shit.

Fucking moral cowards.
>>
>>34573415
>Who are gun owners "jewing" when they buy guns in response to the DNC threatening to take guns away?

they are jewing people who wanted to buy said guns for personal use. just like how everyone panic bought .22 LR during sandy hook just so they could flip it on armslist for ten times the price do you really not know about this or are you pretending not to?
>>
>>34573436
>guy reaches for his wallet right next to his gun after being told not to by the cop
>gets shot
>"oh my god, evil cops!!!!!"

What other outcome did you expect? Kill yourself.
>>
>>34573442
>if you buy a gun, you jew people who want to buy a gun
Oh no, it's retarded.
>>
>>34573436
>told not to reach for his gun
>reaches for his gun
fucking kys nigger
>>
>>34573445
So according to (you), police should be able to mow down open carry events, if they have their feeling threatened?
>>
>>34573453
>Oh no, it's retarded.

theres a reason why AR15s are so fucking cheap right now. everyone bought them by the dozens EXPECTING a hillary win so they could flip them on armslist and make a killing. you're just confirming my suspicions that you have no clue what you're talking about and simply want to shit on the opposing team.
>>
>>34573462
>police should be able to mow down open carry events,
They aren't, are they? So obviously you're being hyperbolic. Your rhetoric is so poor you need to conjure up hypotheticals that aren't happening. Pathetic.
>>
>>34573468
>Hillary says she hates guns and wants "Australia style" gun control
>Gun consumers pay attention to this and buy guns before the election
>Hillary loses the election
>guns are cheap now
wtf I hate the NRA now!
>>
File: 7e7.jpg (62KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
7e7.jpg
62KB, 600x516px
>>34570982
They are like the enemy that we're kind of allied with in a movie. We needed them big time from Sandy Hook onward, anybody who denies that is an idiot. Having the NRA, along with us all fighting tooth and nail, along with a lack of Democrat in office, is why the gun market is finally stabilizing somewhat, at least more than it has been the last 5-6 years.

The reason they get flak is because they aren't true Pro 2A, meaning they'll pander to high dollar donors who would rather keep the Hughes Amendment so they can keep their Class 3 shit as collectors items, investment pieces, even though they should know the morally correct thing to do for the community as a whole would be to end the NFA
>>
>>34571443
>The idea that laws restricting gun rights exist simply because the NRA chooses not to fight them is ridiculous
How about when they authored and actively supported gun control legislation? The two most major pieces of it, in fact.
>>
>>34571563
>Which specific import restrictions were supported by the NRA? How did the NRA support them?
The RFC put out by the ATF asking whether or not imported "assault weapons" had sporting purpose was answered with a "no" from the NRA.
>>34573521
They're NFA items or Title II weapons. Class 3 is an SOT class for dealers in these weapons.
>>
>>34573532
If it were the 1930s I wouldn't be supporting the NRA. But it's the CURRENT YEAR. Get with the times.
>>
>>34573568
Nah. They can still suck my dick unless they start actively trying to get the NFA and GCA repealed.
>>
>>34573575
Textbook definition of letting perfect be the enemy of good.
>>
They are illuminati scum
>>
>>34573606
>muh triangles
>>
>>34573591
Plenty of other organizations I can support who haven't paved the way for ATF fuckery.
>>
>>34573626
None as effective as the NRA. Comparatively unknown organizations don't have the same muscle the NRA does. They're capable of exponentially less. They can't bully GOP politicians into line, and they don't even make DNC politicians upset. That's how ineffectual they are.
>>
>>34573658
Is that what I'm paying them to do? We can bully politicians ourselves.

Why are you sucking the NRA's dick so hard? How much do they pay you?
>>
>>34573670
What are you paying lobby groups to do, if not bully politicians?
>>
>>34573670
>Why are you sucking the NRA's dick so hard?

because /pol/ seems to think the NRA are the good guys fighting for our rights. when its been commin knowledge on /k/ that the NRA is just a lobbying group for american gun companies.
>>
>>34573695
>/pol/
Guess the anti NRA presence here really is comprised of meme spewing morons
>>
>>34573695
American gun manufactures and American gun consumers have partially albeit not entirely overlapping interests. It sucks that the NRA doesn't fight import bans, but it's still in the interest of American gun manufactures that American consumers be able to purchase their products.

They're far from perfect, but at this time they're much better than nothing. We may not have the import rifles we desire, but domestic rifles will still do the job.

Give us a superior alternative to the NRA and the NRA will fall to the wayside.
>>
>>34573740

the problem is the NRA is simply 'the enemy of my enemy' and i don't believe the saying that says they're our ally.
>>
The only gun owners who criticize them are the ones who don't understand real politik. Compare gun rights today and gun rights 20 years ago instead of autistically screeching about muh NFA
>>
>>34573778
They just got two laws the CA state leg tried to pass that cucked magazines further to get put on hold not a month ago, take your memory hole bullshit elsewhere you gun grabbing stooge.
>>
>>34573319
You are so fucking stupid. Demoshits routinely pass endless gun control and ban many types of guns in their states. See the spic shithole that is California, Kike York, Massivetwoshits, etc.

They tried multiple times to pass an AWB but were blocked by Republicans.

Kill yourself leftist piece of shit.
>>
>>34573778
The Democrats are an existential threat to gun rights in America. The NRA are an annoyance. Denying their usefulness to us is the true height of autism.
>>
>>34570982
>Tell me what exactly the NRA has done (or not done) to deserve your scorn.

It's sabotaged gun rights in Florida in the last several years. When the Republicans controlled the legislature and pro-gun bills were on the verge of passing, NRA reps went into committee and destroyed them.
>>
>>34571563
>The restrictions Russian and Chinese weapons are foreign relations and trade issues.
Only in the delusional minds of mercantilist scum are other countries' trade with the US an "issue". More guns for consumer purchase is a good thing. Try to argue against that point.
>>
They refuse to do anything about the Bush/Clinton import bans because it would result in domestic manufacturers having competition in the semi auto market, and we can't have that now can we?

Also, they've done virtually nothing about the NFA or Hughes amendment. The small mumbling about suppressors in the past few years is the only thing that has ever come out of them on the subject.

I couldn't give less of a shit about hunter safety lessons for tweens or concealed carry for soccer moms. I just don't fucking care.

When I can walk into my LGS and buy an unnuetered Bulgarian AKM, I'll sign up with the NRA. Until then they can fuck off.
>>
>>34570982

They helped pass FOPA with the intention of later fighting the Hughes amendment. Which to this day they still haven't done anything about.

It's a corrupt organization. That lies it's ass off for their business buddies.
>>
>>34574220
They were cucks who thought they could "be reasonable" and make concessions in good faith. More recently they've learned their lesson.
>>
>>34571541
NRA knows that it can't win at the ballot box in CA - only place it has a chance is in Federal court.
>>
>>34574203
"I don't give a shit about <introducing noguns to guns and therefore increasing our rolls and therefore power b/c strength in numbers>"

kys
>>
>>34573900
That one belongs to you guys.
>>
File: gun grabbing feinsteinberg.jpg (76KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gun grabbing feinsteinberg.jpg
76KB, 512x512px
>>34573319
>if democrats gave up on gun control entirely

What makes you such an expert on something that has never, ever happened?
>>
>>34573360
>If the democrats stopped saying they want to take away our guns, the NRA would stop publishing magazines article about democrats saying they want to take our guns.
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>34575197
It's practically a tautology. Are YOU retarded?

If Democrats want the NRA to stop bullying them for being anti-gun, then they should stop being anti-gun. In the meantime, I'm going to continue paying the NRA to bully anti-gun politicians.
>>
>>34575438
you dont even know what bullying means
nor tautology

youre the worst kind of idiot - the one that thinks he's smart
>>
>>34573219
Then why have they supported democrats for public office historically? This makes no sense if your post is true. They are a guns first organization, and the reason why they align against dems and liberals so often is because those people go against gun rights so often.
>>
>>34570982
They haven't funded and armed death squads to execute shareblue faggots like you in the streets
>>
>>34571197
That's literally wrong, faggot
>>
File: IMG_8597.gif (4MB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8597.gif
4MB, 360x540px
>>34573278
I can think of at least one good thing...
>>
>>34575570
Obviously Chuck Schumer deserves to be called a smear merchant. Then again, most bullying "victims" deserve it in one way or another.

If you don't think that
>If the democrats stopped saying they want to take away our guns, the NRA would stop publishing magazines article about democrats saying they want to take our guns.
Isn't damn near a tautology, then YOU don't know what a tautology is. The NRA's job is to go after anti-gun politicians. If the democrats don't like the NRA going after them, they should stop being anti-gun. That's so straightforward it shouldn't even need stating.
>>
>>34570982
They aren't doing anything of worth for the kind of money they recieve and the political support they get. Youre better off buying another gun or a 1000 round ammo crate for the money you burn giving to this shit organization.
-t butthurt nra member
>>
File: 20170403_195528.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_195528.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I am a member. I get bombarded with requests for more money. It seems k=like just a huge money grab. New management and leadership may change this but it is hard to tell.
>>
>>34574203
>After they achieve all their goals I'll give them money

You have that ass backwards, retard.

>inb4 hurr they're not fighting to let me buy full retard guns without a background check

Do you really think that would pass right now? Art of War, faggot- attack your enemy where they're weakest, which in this case is suppressors, sbrs and sbss. Once you convince people deregulation of those won't end in constant mass murders then you start working on full auto.

As a member your be totally free to run for the NRA board of directors too, and influence policy from within, but it's easier to sit back, save your $30/years by not being a member while benefitting from what they do, and cry on the internet so that's what you'll do instead.
>>
>>34575570
You're the fucking retard here. They literally endorsed a Democrat (in Missouri I think) in their pre-election political voting guide last year. If this thread is still up when I get home I'll put up a picture of it, I'm pretty sure I still have that issue.

It's not their fault the far left fringe that's taken over the Democratic Party allows no room for dissent on guns, or anything else, from the party line to the point that only one guy had the balls to go up against them on it. Apparently that one Dem had better pro gun credentials than the opposition so they endorsed him.

Hell, there are plenty of pro gun people that are single issue voters but are also economic illiterates and would probably vote Dem if they didn't push, nearly to a man, for gun control.

The Left always cries about how guns are a political issue, when in reality they're the ones that politicized them. Fuck off.
>>
>>34571287
>The NRA is frequently seen (not without justification) as not doing enough to protect our rights and roll back restrictions.
Too vague. Tell me exactly what they are supposed to be doing that you think they are leaving undone.
>>34571287
>They have also been known to make deals that are good for manufacturers, but not for consumers (such as import restrictions).
When? Did this happen in the last 15 years?
>>34571462
>Sure, but that doesn't mean the victims of those laws don't want to blame someone.
Sounds like scapegoating to me. If you want to blame someone, blame the people who passed the law.
>>34571462
>Also the NRA supporting some import restrictions
What import restrictions have they supported?
>>34573198
That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.
>>34573219
Not an argument.
>>34573291
Prove it.>>34573319
>tell them someone is out to take their guns
Except that's true. There are plenty of people in America who would love to take our guns away.
>>34573436
Who, Philando Castile? Colion Noir is a representative of the NRA, and he did speak about it.
>>34573539
>The RFC put out by the ATF asking whether or not imported "assault weapons" had sporting purpose was answered with a "no" from the NRA.
Citation needed.
>>
NRA-ILA does a hell of a job. If you doubt it, just look at how up-in-arms the gun control crowd is about the NRA. They can barely find any organization on earth that they hate more. This alone is a very powerful reason to support the NRA, but it isn't the only one.

Bottom line, when politicians are afraid to step on territory because they don't want to piss off the sleeping dog lying there, that dog's doing a good job. The lefties just can't stand that they've worked so hard to make PC bullshit a minefield for politicians and they just can't knock out the NRA influence that does the same for the 2A. Most folks running for office, unless specifically getting a big package of anti-gunner funding, are going to just nope the fuck out of pissing on the NRA's shoes, which means they at least pay lip service to gun owners or go completely limp on anti-2A bullshit.

There aren't a lot of ways to fight the gun grabbers. Attacking them in court depends on the bias of the appeals courts. Reminding elected officials that they're being scrutinized and will be outed if they get libby about the 2A is an awesome thing.
>>
>>34571541

It's good to see they're using Liberal tactics against them. It's much easier to persuade one than 10 million
>>
>>34574203
>When I can walk into my LGS and buy an unnuetered Bulgarian AKM, I'll sign up with the NRA
Oh gee, you'll contribute after gun control in its entirety is effectively killed of?

>you stupid fucking pole smoker)
>>
File: false.png (97KB, 1125x643px) Image search: [Google]
false.png
97KB, 1125x643px
>>34573919
This entire post is an outright fabrication. This is what they're resorting to.
>>
>>34576261
>>34576261
100% correct. Judge the NRA by the enemies they've made. Gun grabbers don't hate anybody as much as they hate the NRA. That's the best endorsement the NRA could ever get.
>>
>NRA thread with the exact same P{ image gets made on nearly a day-to-day basis
>Like clockwork the exact same vague, inane accusations are regurgitated
>Either the NRA does nothing, hampers gun rights, are evil because of shit from 90 years ago, or do nothing but promote gun company interests
>When these are soundly refuted they aren't even countered effectively, if at all
>Repeat ad naseum
>>
>>34575977
I dont know whether to spoon feed you forvthe sake of making a sound argument or berate you for being this dense. Here are two citations, there are more if you research for more than 15 minutes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-industry-funds-nra-2013-1?IR=T
>less than half of the NRAs funding is accrued through membership fees, the majority of its funding is through companies such as Taurus and Colt

https://www.gunowners.org/nws9402.htm
>the nra supported gun control legislation such as the 1994 Brady Bill, which some would say violates our second amendmant
>>
File: TodayIWillRemindThem.jpg (68KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
TodayIWillRemindThem.jpg
68KB, 473x480px
>>34570982
IGNORE THE CONCERN TROLL

The NRA isn't perfect but it's effective and they learned their lesson when it comes to compromising with libtards
>>
>>34577035
> Here are two citations
And the very first one is a crock of shit, so I guess you're just SOL you gunless shill.
http://www.amarkfoundation.org/nra-who-funds-the-nra-11-13-15.pdf

Just for shiggles;
>the nra supported gun control legislation such as the 1994 Brady Bill
Also an outright lie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Handgun_Violence_Prevention_Act#Opposition_by_National_Rifle_Association

I want you, and your gungrabbing ilk, to get the fuck off of my board.
>>
>>34577035
>the majority of its funding is through companies such as Taurus and Colt
that, uhhh...that's wrong. yeah, that's wrong.
>>the nra supported gun control legislation such as the 1994 Brady Bill
uhhhhhh, yeah, that's also, uhhh...wrong. yeah.
http://gun.laws.com/brady-bill
> Criticism of the bill were organized by the NRA
>>
>>34570982

The NRA doesn't do shit for me, I live in NY and not one gun organization ever puts a single dime into fighting laws here. Why should I give them money to protect Montana's rights to suppressors when I can't even buy a pistol here or own an AR?
>>
>>34577451
>The NRA doesn't do shit for me
> I live in NY and not one gun organization ever puts a single dime into fighting laws here
You deserve to be cucked. You're too stupid to help yourself, or even acknowledge when others try to fight your own battles.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/21/us/new-york-nra-lawsuit/index.html
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150526/new-york-fight-continues-against-safe-act-and-dozens-of-other-anti-gun-bills
>>
File: 1499791870263.jpg (71KB, 522x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499791870263.jpg
71KB, 522x640px
>>34577451
>no results = lack of effort
>>
>>34577526

>2015
>fighting minor things like being able to transfer salt weapons to family members
>didn't even win that

>NY still has unconstitutional Sullivan Act from 100 years ago that prevents anyone from owning a pistol without a permit which the county bureaucrats will deny you based on their own vague and unknown criteria, and whatever they feel like that day
>not a peep

At best they're putting a little effort into stopping things from being even worse. The needle hasn't moved in the other direction in my entire lifetime, and it's pretty apparent they consider NY a lost cause and only throw token amounts of money and attention so they can pretend they're trying.
>>
>>34577580
> they consider NY a lost cause
I would too if it was full of a bunch of ungrateful, defeatist shitbirds like you. Wallow in your own filth and stop bringing your disgusting selves over here in the fall. You are a terrible, awful people.

T. Vermont
>>
join the NRA
>>
File: gun grabber bloombergstein.jpg (15KB, 285x264px) Image search: [Google]
gun grabber bloombergstein.jpg
15KB, 285x264px
>>34577451
>NRA doesn't do shit for me, I live in NY

Wait a minute. Let me get that straight. You blame Jew York's gun laws, not on the democrats, but on the NRA. You have no brain.
>>
>>34571541
That image is highly arousing, if only those were actually made.
>>
>>34573389
Like the boycotting of Ruger over Bill's fudd antics.
>>
>>34571462
>we have the most pro-gun government in decades.

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. At this point the administration and the legislature has yet to actually put their money where their mouth is.
>>
>>34573219
>DTOM flag
Gadsden flag?

Honestly this sounds like you're just vomiting up a bunch of talking points someone who is anti-gun has told you.
>>
>>34573695
>when its been commin knowledge on /k/ that the NRA is just a lobbying group for american gun companies.

Lol This is literally a leftist talking point that I've seen put out multiple times by people in non anonymous settings that I know are anti-gun.
>>
They have done nothing to try and repeal the NFA, GCA of 1968 (which they actually ENDORSED), or the Hughes Amendment, despite the fact that nearly everyone who owns a gun in America wants these to be repealed. Unfortunately, the extremely wealthy types who presumably have big pull in the NRA are also the same kinds of people who, from a financial standpoint, would stand to lose massively if these restrictions were annulled or rolled back.
>>
>>34578640
>They have done nothing to try and repeal the NFA, GCA of 1968

These two things are never going to happen. Ever. Reversing the Hughes Amendment is fantasy level already. You're never going to get general support for eliminating the NFA and eliminating the FFL system.
>>
>>34570982
NRA-ILA = Good

NRA = Republican purse.
>>
>>34573591
Why support good when I can support better anon.
>>
>>34578595
>EVEN THE LEFTIES KNOW
>>
>>34578669
By "better" you mean tiny organizations which don't have an inkling of the political clout or relevance of the NRA.
>>
>>34570982
Because I don't want to pay an organization to fear monger people as well as send out expensive brochures with stickers and offer stupid shit like bags.

Id support the NRA if they used money better, but I'm not paying them for their bloated as fuck advertising department.
>>
>>34575817
This, its at least 3 different pieces of actual fucking mail that they send every week. I get that they need money, but they're fucked if they think spamming me is going to help it.

>>34578689
Nope. By better I mean focused, with clear goals (both funding related and otherwise) and a truly bipartisan appearance.

Even if dems would never vote for anything progun, having the appearance of being bipartisan matters a lot to independent voters.
>>
>>34570982

I refuse to be a member and routinely get their propaganda in the mail. I fully support the 2nd Amendment I just can't back any lobbying group period. The introduction of large amounts of money into the American political landscape will be the downfall of this country.
>>
File: Emu nigga.png (397KB, 527x637px) Image search: [Google]
Emu nigga.png
397KB, 527x637px
>>34570982
It the NRA was half the daemonic mahine-worshiping dealth cult that gun grabbers make it out to be, we wouldn't have the NFA or Hughes anymore. They maintain the status quo; they never go on the offensive.
>>
>>34578555
Precisely.
>>
>>34571541

If the independence movement here starts to pickup steam you may see a complete 180 on any gun laws. Myself I am a supporter of independence and am under no illusions. The rest of America won't let us go peacefully.
>>
>>34578716
>clear goals
And an inability to achieve them.
>funding related goals
Self serving.
> and a truly bipartisan appearance.
Worthless. The issues facing gun laws are partisan in nature, you do yourself and the gun owning community a disservice by pretending otherwise.
>>
>>34578730
>I fully support the 2nd Amendment I just can't back any lobbying group period. The introduction of large amounts of money into the American political landscape will be the downfall of this country.
Learn to play the game. Your indignant disapproval won't change the reality we're dealing with.
>>
>>34578677

My point is that it's a leftist talking point because the idea is to get it into gun owners heads that the NRA, the one lobbying group that has been effective grossly disproportionate to the money they spend on lobbying ($5mil compared to Bloomberg's personal $50mil+), is bad for everyone.

They aren't saying this because they genuinely believe that your interests are better served by not supporting the NRA, they're saying it because it's meant to drive a wedge between the NRA and gun owners.
>>
>>34578792

Nope I refuse to be a part of the problem. If this country is going to destroy itself my hands will be clean.
>>
>>34578782
>And an inability to achieve them.
I dont know man, you keep saying this but the American Suppressor Association is proof to the contrary.
>Self serving.
Anon, disagreeing with everything a person says because you didnt like one thing is kind of pathetic.
>Worthless. The issues facing gun laws are partisan in nature
If you believe this, than you're part of the problem.

Making guns into an "us vs them" doesnt serve our cause. Stop it.
>>
>>34570982
join the NRA if you own weapons, they do a lot of good throughout the country. also join the CRPA

if you own guns in america and dont want to turn into europe, the responsible thing is to keep the NRA juiced up as the roided up gorilla in DC to bash any libcuck sentator from disarming you
>>
>>34578640
>NRA are also the same kinds of people who, from a financial standpoint, would stand to lose massively if these restrictions were annulled or rolled back.
This is such a fucking retarded attempt at making a point, and whenever it is made the mouth breathers are never able to clarify just -how- the NRA stands to make huge bucks over tax stamps.
>>
They've never once opposed an import ban or restriction. They're a puppet of the domestic manufacturers. Problem is they're currently the most well funded 2A group we have.
>>
File: buying a gun in hawaiistan.jpg (2MB, 3117x4033px) Image search: [Google]
buying a gun in hawaiistan.jpg
2MB, 3117x4033px
>>34578640
nigger this is the shit we are dealing with in a state by state basis. the NRA cant even dream of touching the NFA or GCA right now, even with its level of millennial age support, until we get rid of cuckoldry like pic related

we cant even CCW a revolver with a permit in half the country, how the fuck do you expect them to convince legislators to allow unregulated full autos again
>>
>>34578830
An organization being able to meet it's funding goals is literally self serving. Their inability to achieve goals that serve the gun owning public makes their ability to meet self serving funding goals completely irrelevant at best.

>if we pretend like the opposition to gun rights in America aren't all democrats, maybe we can trick them into liking us
Doesn't work. Will never work.

>>34578869
>And the democraps arent using "scare" tactics to push forward shitty legislation?
How could you possibly get the impression that I'm implying they aren't? Of course they are, we all know that. They're a bunch of scum who will use any dirty trick in the book to strip us of our rights.
>>
>>34570982

You should join the NRA only because we'll have an anti gun potus in 2020
>>
>>34578882
>Doesn't work. Will never work.
You keep saying this, but I know for a fact it isnt true.

Stop being a problem, and start becoming part of the solution anon. Refusing to educate people leaves a mass of ignorant people who'll eat up any shit antigun propaganda machines spit out.
>>
>>34578874
Hawaii shouldn't even be a state.
>>
>>34578861
This is by far my biggest gripe with the NRA.
>>
>>34578882
>How could you possibly get the impression that I'm implying they aren't? Of course they are, we all know that. They're a bunch of scum who will use any dirty trick in the book to strip us of our rights

I replied to the wrong post goddamn it- i was trying to respond to the post above yours

Apologies- i always fuck up with posting on mobile
>>
>>34578657

This

>Chris cox will never hold a full auto sbr with a suppressor over his head
>>
>>34578897
> I know for a fact it isnt true.
Really? What DNC politicians have you sweet talked into supporting gun rights?
>>
>>34573695

How else am I supposed to buy guns

>This group that believes in gun rights wants you to buy guns!!!!
>>
>>34578912
no worries senpai
>>
>>34578922
The thought brings a tear to my eye anon :(

>>34578923
>DNC politicians
Why did you think I was talking about politician when all of my posts had been talking about the general populous?
>>
>>34578939
The NRA browbeats the legislature. Do you admit that DNC politicians are the problem? Well that's why the NRA is necessary, and why the NRA is inherently partisan.
>>
>>34578271
this

>>34578555
this and checked
>>
>>34578939

Do you think NRA membership would surge if Chris cox (pbuh) held an nfa firearm over his head ?

Also
>We don't have an antigun POTUS
>Not trying to repeal the NFA or at least get sbrs and sbs and aows and suppressors off the nfa

I think getting machine guns off the nfa would be a PR disaster. At least nogunz can see the utter absurdity of having to pay a cuck stamp for a 15 inch barrel.
>>
>>34578555

Bill Ruger did nothing wrong.

The 94 assault weapons ban was going to be a hell of a lot worse. It was either a 10 round mag or a zero round mag.
>>
>>34578970
Of course DNC lawmakers are the problem. But saying that its a partisan issue takes the beliefs of the establishment and forces them onto people who usually dont agree with every single thing that the establishment shits out.

By making it partisan, you guarantee that every every dem will be antigun, where as if you make it bipartisan, suddenly a portion of dems who may be interested in firearms suddenly have the potential to express that interest without being forced into the box that is Republicanism.

I'll make it simple. Some people want abortions, and guns, and Republicans keep that from happening, but the NRA doesnt have to.

>>34579011
>Do you think NRA membership would surge if Chris cox (pbuh) held an nfa firearm over his head?
I don't know. I've never been one for saber rattling myself, but some people eat that shit up.

Realistically, the best way to deal with the NFA imo is to reform it. Open the MG registry, and add in a clause that says something like "the ATF only has x number of days to approve an applicant, or their application is automatically approved." That's how we handle CCW permits in VA, and I like the system personally.
>>
>>34579047
I'm not making it partisan. It simply is partisan. That's reality, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>34579062
It's not, and I proved how it wasn't. But you can continue believing it if you'd like.
>>
>>34579047

>the ATF only has x number of days to approve an applicant, or their application is automatically approved."

Than why bother with an application process?
>>
>>34579080
Because you can still deny someone if they fail the BG test anon.
>>
>>34579080
>Than why bother with an application process?

Someone who will fail an NFA check shouldn't take six months to investigate.

Leaving it open only provides a roundabout way to regulate through inaction.
>>
>>34579083

O I c

>>34579093

I understand

I have no experience with the NFA and the application process, forgive my ignorance
>>
>>34579120
NP anon, go get yourself that stamp son!
>>
>>34579124

Nigga I shoot in the woods I can buy a pistol upper all day long and put it on my M&P 15 lower and shoot in private fuck the nfa
>>
>>34579134
Anon I...
>>
>>34570982
The NRAs greatest failing of this century is continually missing new customers. Like all bad products it is kept afloat by loyal and dying customer base that would sniff their farts and rate it roses. Instead of working to bridge the political gaps and recruit the new breed of gun owners that are coming bad they sit stagnant and in defense of their lobbies that no longer represent shooters. Not speaking up on import band, refusing to fight for legal ccw holders because of their police lobby. They don't stand for a gun owner, they stand for an industry of acceptable losers on the gun owner. that being said I'd throw em maybe a buck or two because they have the network, but my real money goes to GoA or the 2a foundation. That is until they fuck up
>>
>>34579140

Yes?
>>
>>34579143
This. They're absolute dogshit at marketing to anything but the white crowd, and with minorities on the rise, they're missing out on a huge segment of the population.

>>34579154
Anon, your dog loves you buddy. Please, think of your pupper before you commit felonies.
>>
>>34579168

My dog died 3 years ago. I have nothing to live for apart for my unending love of firearms. If some ATF agent shoots me for shooting a 10 inch barreled AR then I'll die doing what I love, shooting , and hating the ATF
>>
>>34579213
In that case god speed anon.

God speed.
>>
>>34579221

Also I live in the south so either a cop will say hey don't shoot that or a judge will throw it out
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.