[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the gun would really benefit from blacking out the rear night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 13

File: que wea.jpg (14KB, 311x303px) Image search: [Google]
que wea.jpg
14KB, 311x303px
>the gun would really benefit from blacking out the rear night sights to promote the shooter focusing on the front sight only
>>
>>34570549
Heh my grandma always tells me the same thing, crazy
>>
ITT: things we have read on gun forums?
>>
>>34570549
I've only ever noticed 1911 fudds believing this. Does it exist outside of that community?
>>
File: px4compactcarry_zoom004.png (187KB, 840x560px) Image search: [Google]
px4compactcarry_zoom004.png
187KB, 840x560px
>>34571337
Ernest Langdon gave the PX4 Compact Carry this treatment. There is a Glock 43 Talo edition that has a front night sight and blacked out rear sight. What is even the fucking point of having a tritium front sight if there is no tritium on the rear sight to align it with in the dark?
>>
>>34571593
There is no point to tritium anyways. If you can't see a target then you can't shoot and if you can see a target then you have silhouette sights.
But to more directly answer your question, the three bright dots tend to blur together for some, often older guys.
>>
>>34571620
You think you need to be able to tell if that silhouette carrying your tv is Jose or Jaquan to be able to shoot the fucker?
>>
>>34571620
>There is no point to tritium anyways. If you can't see a target then you can't shoot and if you can see a target then you have silhouette sights.
This is bullshit and a copout. There are situations when it's going to be too dark to line up regular sights, but where you don't need, or maybe want, a flashlight. And that's assuming that you even carry a gun with a flashlight, which most people don't due to it being hugely bulky. The tritium sights add no bulk, though.
>>
Uh, yeah it actually works. You have three goals in a conventional notch and post sighting system:

1. Centre the front dot between the notch
2. Level the top of the front sight and the notch so they all sit flush
3. Focus on the target

The rear dots are redundant, considering the first two steps can be done using the front dot alone. It takes some practice, but the fewer things your brain and eyes have to worry about, the faster your target acquisition will be. There is a reason why blacked out rear sights are common in IPSC and red dots moreso in the open division.
>>
>>34571635

>Centre

Opinion discarded.
(*^_^)
>>
File: 1497531138194.png (106KB, 348x278px) Image search: [Google]
1497531138194.png
106KB, 348x278px
>>34571655
>(*^_^)
Not even him but holy shit, opinion on his opinion discarded.
>>
>>34571620
oh, it's good to know I'll never shoot anything dimly backlit in the dark
>>
>>34571632
Tritium sights are useless without a white light if you are engaging a target in the dark. If you are firing a weapon in the dark, your light should be on and by extension you will see the silhouette of your sights, assuming your flashlight has enough output. A tritium sight in this case would be useful if you are not used to shooting in low-light conditions, but it's not necessary. Line up the sight silhouettes like you would in daylight and go to town.
>>
>>34571667

I honestly love how I can tack that face to the end of literally any post and get replies.
>>
>>34571635
>1. Centre the front dot between the notch
>2. Level the top of the front sight and the notch so they all sit flush
>3. Focus on the target

This is really a weird approach. All I do is two steps, regardless of what kind of sights my pistol has, and they would happen all at once when shooting, in a single motion:
1. Bring the front sight post even with the rear notch
2. Center the front sight post in the rear notch

The white dots are only on the sights for when you aim at things that are black in color or shaded. Rather than having your rear sight blend in with the background to the point where you're not sure where the sight ends and the notch begins, the dots help you identify where the notch is. I don't care if the rear sight has two dots, one dot, two bars or one bar, the paint is required to find use the sights, including the rear one, when the target is the same color as the sights. I don't even focus on the dots, and I've never once felt distracted by them. I just focus on centering the front sight post and bringing it even in the rear notch. The dots only come into play if the target is black, which happens very rarely.
>>
>>34571688

t. Does not own tritium sights and has never tried quickly getting a sight picture in the dark
>>
>>34571695
My three steps are not in any particular order and they're practically identical to yours. It is assumed you do the first two simultaneously, as you stated, then the third once they're done.

>I just focus on centering the front sight post and bringing it even in the rear notch. The dots only come into play if the target is black, which happens very rarely.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me because that's my philosophy exactly.
>>
>>34571688
I don't even know what you're trying to say by "useless." You're not making any sense.

Imagine being in your house at night. There are noises at your front door. You look out the window and can see hoodlums with guns trying to break your lock. You position yourself in a dark corner of the room and aim your gun at the front door. As soon as they break in, you are in fear of your life and open fire. Was a flashlight needed, ever, in this situation? No. In fact, it could have given away your location and put you at a disadvantage.
>>
>>34571699
I shoot in low light at my range all the time. It's not that hard. A flashlight is far more important.
>>
>>34571719
>Firing at something in the dark you can't even see
In a perfect world we would only point our gun at a threat, but proper target identification is a responsibility my friend.
>>
File: wm_8921010.jpg (88KB, 592x833px) Image search: [Google]
wm_8921010.jpg
88KB, 592x833px
>>34571716
>and they're practically identical to yours.
The difference is that you mentioned the dots for some reason. I understand that not all handguns have sights that can even fit dots on them. Centering and aligning the front sight post in the rear notch is the most efficient way to use handgun sights an all that matters. The dots are purely there as a failsafe for when you're aiming at a black target.
>>
>>34571722

A flashlight can give away your position and tritium sights make it far easier to see your sights, allowing for a quicker sight picture.
I also haven't forgotten the
>centre
shit, nor the fact that it's 9 am in britain and 6 pm in australia, noguns.
>>
>>34571731
You didn't read my post, or else you're just being contrary because you've invested your ego in your argument and are upset that people are telling you that you're wrong. The hypothetical person in my post identified the intruders through the window prior to them breaking into the house.

And frankly, if there's someone breaking into my house at night, I don't care who the fuck it is, I can identify their intent by their actions. I don't need to see their face. None of my friends or family would break into my house with a gun.
>>
>>34571748
Freudian slip - I'm used to competition sights. But yes, centering and alignment are what it boils down to.
>>
>>34571731

>proper target identification is a responsibility my friend
Nope. Anyone breaking in through the front door gets shot.
>>
>>34571749
>>34571754
>A flashlight can give away your position so you should be scurrying in the dark the whole time
>I don't need to ID targets

Good grief - I'm done. You win.
>>
>>34571769

>>A flashlight can give away your position so you should be scurrying in the dark the whole time
You can turn one on at the last second, but only immediately before shooting

>>I don't need to ID targets
Correct
>>
>>34571769
Could you describe this person in enough detail to create an accurate police sketch? If not, then you can't ID your target and shouldn't shoot him, by your logic.
>not getting your chest perforated because you lacked the proper lighting to positively ID your target
GOOD GRIEF, THOUGH, RIGHT!!!!!
>>
>>34571779
No, you're absolutely right. Pat yourself on the back for showing it to the flashlight industry.
>>
>>34571635
I do what you and the another anon mentioned outside of low light situations the rear dots on my P30L are redundant.
>>
>>34571593
Man that's pants on head retarded. Maybe that works better for competition shooting but to do that on a carry pistol is worthless.
Also the PX4 is a piece of shit, why would he even use one?
>>
File: 1496541486667.jpg (48KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496541486667.jpg
48KB, 375x500px
>>34571791
NTGYRT, but you're a little passive aggressive.
>>
>>34570569
Does this place count as a gun forum? Because we're going to autosage before we're done.
>>
>>34572859
He's prob Canadian or British. They're really big passive aggressive douchebags. Shit people and places.
>>
>>34571620
Good tritium sights start to be visible well before you stop being able to see the target, but after your sights picture becomes less clear. They're not for shooting blindly in pitch black, they're for helping you see the sights in low light.
>>
>>34571593
I have a g43 talo. Love it. Practice instinctual shooting and proper form and it works very well. I have similar sights on my g34. So the commonality means less remedial training between my comp gun and my carry gun. Hell. Dont worry so much about sights. At the engagement distance you would use a ccw, you are better off practicing zipper drills and hip firing desu.
>>
>>34571688
Low light=/=total darkness

Ya know, one of those things that separates good quality optics from barska is light collection so you can actually see the reticle and target without having an eye burning illuminated reticle washing everything out
>>
>>34571719
Idk which one of you is more retarded. While a flashlight isn't a need, it is a valuable tool. Lining up the sights silhouette as shithead A is referring to is fine IF there is enough light to provide a silhouette in his conveniently outlined scenario. Likewise, having the luck to know that you're home is being entered and thus prepare for it is nice IF that's what happened, but since it's the one sided scenario on your mind it's fine. You feel free to go on pretending there aren't proper techniques for using a flashlight so that you don't just give yourself away.

Tell you what, tonight turn off all the lights, pull the shades and then stare at where the light bulb is the flash yourself
>>
>>34571754
Back in the 80s there was a cat burglar in my area that broke into several hundred houses over the course of a few years when he wasn't in jail for other bullshit. One summer there were a damp near 100 break ins in the area where not a damn thing value was stolen and the home owners were home. He would break in, move things around, empty wallets with all the cash laid out next to them, rearrange picture frames, stack chairs on tables, take a trinket and leave before moving on to the next house. The guy was caught by small children several times and he gave them glasses of water, tucked them in and went on about his business

Not every break in is some hood rat prying at your door with a crowbar
>>
>>34574071
>Not a thing was stolen
>He would take a trinket
Pick one dip shit

Also
>The exceedingly rare exception disproves the rule
Great logic there dip shit.
>>
>>34571627
No, you need to be sure its not someone you don't want to shoot, rule #3 friend
>>
File: 1484235213371.jpg (80KB, 1091x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484235213371.jpg
80KB, 1091x1080px
>>34574071
fucking guy should be shot anyways for being a weirdo
>>
File: Snapchat-980256805.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-980256805.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>34571593

>talo

Blacking out is a preference, its common especially for night sights. Some people people prefer it because as long as the glow is pointed naturally toward the target you're probably going to hit. The idea is thay any extra glow is distracting and might make you try to aim with the wrong dot in a hurry and if you have to shoot at night you're close enough not to need to know more than where the bead at the end of the gun is in relation to your hand.

Those are the reasons ive heard. I bought into it and I like it.
>>
>>34571731
A few years back, my father almost shot my sister because she was a dumb bitch
>broke curfew
>snuck out of the house to go to some stupid party
>came back shifaced drunk
>forgot/lost her keys
>smashed one of the side windows to try to get back in the house
>found herself face to face with our dad's gun b cause he heard someone scurrying about outside and decided to investigate.
>>
>>34574465
He should have shot her. She's obviously no good.
>>
>>34574265
>as long as the glow is pointed naturally toward the target you're probably going to hit.
You would need another light source to line up a front night sight with a blacked out rear sight.
>>
>>34574007
It's not that a flashlight isn't needed. It's that it is often undesirable to have or even impossible to mount, for example on a concealed carry weapon. In some of these cases, the tritium sights are NOT worthless. If I can think up a single situation where they would help, then they are not worthless.

>>34574071
If a man breaks into my house while I'm at home, then the reasonable assumption is that he means me harm, and therefore needs to die to prevent harm coming to me or my family. In America, we respect property rights, and people don't just break into other people's homes to play practical jokes with picture frames and furniture.
>>
I replaced only the front sight of my G19 with a night sight, though that has more to do with me being a cheap bastard than anything else. Never had any problems with that setup.
>>
>>34574865

The idea is that you're not lining up with your front and rear sights but just where you feel your hand and the front sight itself. I know it might sound dumb but it points well and feels natural enough.

I don't want to be confused with advocating it's the best way to have your sights. Pointing with both sights glowing would have the same effect. The theory is that it's forcing you to shoot instinctively faster rather than taking the time to better aim all tour glowing dots at a moving shadow. I can imagine that with short barreled guns if you're trying to rapidly draw and shoot you might not have the same depth perception abilities at night on your all roughly the same size glowing dots and end up twisting the gun and thinking a rear sight notch is your front sight. It's all theory though, practice it yourself to see if it applies to you, which one draws faster and hits the target sooner. I bought the gun because it was on sale and I saw a thread on the subject that was well enough written for me to try it out. It's good for me.
>>
>>34574865
>>34575067

Maybe if I take it to a mite extreme version it'd be easier to imagine. The rear sights aren't used when it's that dark by the way.

Is it faster to unsling a shotgun and shoot a bird with rifle sights or a shotgun bead? The rifle sights will ultimately be more accurate when lined up but most would argue the bead would be faster. Shotguns come both ways but normally ones with rifle sights are for Turkey shooting and beads for flyers and clays. You will not be more accurate, just faster.
>>
>>34570549
>promote the shooter focusing on the front sight only
This is why I grind off the rear sight from my rifles, much faster to use.
>>
>>34574914
>the current year
>"""impossible""" to mount a light on a concealable firearm

Imagine my surprise when Generation 3 Glocks came out with a rail for just such a conundrum! Utter astonishment when Streamlight released the TLR6!

For more than a decade, back to a time when the X200 was the big thing in weapon lights, when you could almost make an extremely uninformed claim on lack of rails on pistols (that you literally cannot do now), Surefire MR series adapters were a thing. May they Rest In Peace forever now.

Fuck off retard
>>
File: P238Rosewood2.jpg (93KB, 637x477px) Image search: [Google]
P238Rosewood2.jpg
93KB, 637x477px
>>34575281
It sounds like you have a case of The Gay.
>>
>>34575142
I never like shotguns for this reason. I could never hit jack shit with them.
>>
>>34574193
but why would someone I DON'T want to shoot be carrying my TV out in the middle of the night? Granted I don't watch the thing, but when everyone else is trying to sleep and I'm being an autistic retard, I'm not exactly feeling good about the prospect of someone coming into my house and relocating the TV. You know, how they gained access to my house becoming a consideration, after all.
>>
>>34571627
It's called light you white nigger.
>>
>>34575678
not shouldering it right or every shotgun stock youve used is a horrible fit for your body
>>
Every post in this thread is redundant because all it takes its practice on whatever platform you choose.

Idiots
>>
>>34572790
You know, thing about the PX4, and this is only MY experience with my own in .40 S&W (I got it for the right price) I can complain about a lot of things with it, the trigger flexes under my finger when the weight stacks, the "checkering" was so sharp and bad on my hands that I had to file it down so it wouldn't basically take a layer of skin off... but what I can praise about it, was that the double action pull was good, the magazines felt smooth in terms of both finish and operation in the gun, and finally, that I've never had a malfunction with it. I can't say with any degree of honestly that it doesn't run, in fact, that used to be, when I was younger and had weaker wrists and no marksmanship skills with a pistol, the only thing I could praise about it. I just runs like forest gump.
>>
File: george-zimmerman-selfie.png (220KB, 496x314px) Image search: [Google]
george-zimmerman-selfie.png
220KB, 496x314px
>>34571695
>if the target is black
>>
>>34574133
>not a damn thing value was stolen
Eat shit

There is no "rule" when it comes to criminals entering your home because there isnt just one way for them to do it you dense fuck. People aren't awake 24/7 and not every home invasion involves a loud as fuck entry. Sometimes it's one guy sneaking, sometimes it's 2 dumb kids, sometimes it's 8 guys that have been doing it for years.

This while thread is full of "X works just fine in my mental scenario where nothing goes wrong"
>>
>>34574790
Nah she's a cutie. And she's honestly not too bad, just did stupid teenager shit.

My mom gave my dad shit about the whole incident though. She almost made my dad give up his gun.
>>
>>34574214
Oh he was eventually. Took a string of .357 starting at his thigh and ending in the ceiling
>>
>>34574865
False.
Try it sometime. Focus on the front sight isn't anything new, neither is point shooting. In this case the glow is the reference
>>
>>34574914
>If I can think up a single situation where they would help, then they are not worthless.
Never said they were, I personally like both tritium AND a light if possible.

As for your second point I never said firing on an intruder was unwarranted, but in the context of this discussion you must allow for the fact that other people do not have the exact same living situation as you, the same state or the same convenient level of hypothetical good fortune as you. Some people have roommates, wives, kids both small and dumb teenagers and with those shit can happen. ID is important if you don't live 100 miles into a national forest.
>>
>>34576398
>There is no "rule"
Wrong. The police make meticulous records of home invasions and in the majority of these events when the residents are home, violence ensues. I'll repeat it once again because every time someone says this, it seems to get you or another British person extremely butthurt: If anyone breaks into the home of an American, then the burglar is going to catch a bullet, period.
>>
>>34576492
I've tried it before. Point shooting is something completely different, but if I'm going to use my sights at night, I need glowing dots on both front and rear sights.
>>
File: [2017.06.05_00.58.41].jpg (53KB, 543x520px) Image search: [Google]
[2017.06.05_00.58.41].jpg
53KB, 543x520px
>>34576547
>Never said they were
Well you stepped into the conversation of someone else who said that multiple times: >>34571688
>Tritium sights are useless without a white light
>>34571620
>There is no point to tritium anyways.

>>34576547
>you must allow for the fact that other people do not have the exact same living situation as you, the same state or the same convenient level of hypothetical good fortune as you. Some people have roommates, wives, kids both small and dumb teenagers and with those shit can happen.
So I need to be able to empathize with other people's different circumstances, but you don't need to do it yourself? Got it!
>>
>>34576086
>but why would someone I DON'T want to shoot be carrying my TV out in the middle of the night?

Why are you too dense to fathom that a person could be in your home not stealing a thing. I've had roommates bring their friends over while I was asleep, I've had my brother in law show up late as fuck because he was too drunk to drive home. Hell I myself have been in my friends apartment picking up something for him and he didn't fill on his roommate. I could have been blown away right there.
>>
>>34576621
He's not too dense to "fathom" it. He's just not comfortable taking the immensely stupid risk with his own life that an intruder could have so little respect for his property rights as to have entered his home without permission, while also having any respect for his life. It would be like placing your head into a yawning lion's mouth when you have no idea whether the lion is trained to do this trick for a circus or not.
>>
I read an article a while back where the writer suggested putting a scratch or a tiny dot with a extra-fine tip marker or paint brush on the front sight. I think they called it a "gip"
The logic was that the fine detail of the gip encourages your eye to focus on the front sight. I was skeptical, but tried it on a couple of guns, and found it tightened my groups without slowing me down when speed shooting.
Seems like a much more logical way to draw your eye to the front sight versus blacking out the rear.
>>
>>34576606
That why I said I don't know which of you had a more retarded argument. I'm a third person. >>34571620 and >>34571688 aren't me
>>
>>34576565
Who the fuck said you can't shoot a burglar, nobody is arguing that. You're so eager to be right that I don't think you know WHY you're arguing.

As for your meticulous records, who prepares for averages instead of trying to stack the odds in your favor. That's half the point of carrying a gun in the first place
>>
>>34576576
Eh, whatever works for you then. Kinda like people who like buckhorn sights I suppose
>>
>>34571748
Oh my god that's a pretty 1911.
>>
>>34576721
You (or someone, I don't give a fuck who) is arguing that you shouldn't shoot an obvious burglar/home intruder if he's standing in a shadow and you can't see his face.

>who prepares for averages instead of trying to stack the odds in your favor.
Why do you think you can't do both? For example, when I'm riding my motorcycle, I wear a helmet, and a standard riding jacket and riding pants because in most motorcycle crashes, that's enough to prevent the average injury. I could wear a lot more armor (like racers would wear) if I really was worried, but I only wear a few pieces of standard armor. However, I still stack the deck in my favor by taking riding courses periodically and driving very defensively in traffic.
>>
>>34576658
By He, do you mean (you), because here in reality most people don't expect to get stitched up for walking in the wrong door. It's something that can and does happen with no Ill intent . But if either of you lads are so eager to pull the trigger that you ignore one of the carnal rules of firearms safety then have at it, it won't be my problem if you fuck up
>>
>>34576745
It's an original prewar Colt. That gun would probably sell in the $4000 range.
>>
>>34576757
I don't see anyone arguing against using force on an obvious intruder, but I do see people pretending they will always know because they have night vision. We somehow moved from the viability of night sights or lights to who you can and can't shoot.
>>
>>34572939
Threads rarely autosage these days, with the exception of generals.
>>
>>34576398
All of those people deserve to be shot.
>>
>>34576808
See
>>34574071
>Not every break in is some hood rat prying at your door with a crowbar
>>
>>34576844
Yeah and? That's not arguing against shooting an intruder, it pointing out that you don't always get a warning via loud noises, you don't always get to setup up your gun point at the front door while you wait for D'Marques to take the door off the hinges. We were still arguing about lights, sights and positive ID at that point
>>
>>34576769
You are talking with two people. I'm speaking for the other person here, but I do share his opinion. I'm also the OP.

I think the disconnect is happening because you're British or from some other nation where self-defense isn't only not a Constitutional right, but is illegal. You don't appear used to thinking of human lives being of paramount value. In America, self-defense is absolute. We also strongly value private property rights, and we will defend our property to the death, especially when our lives are used as collateral during the process of transfer of ownership.

If a bad guy threatens an American and says "hand over your iPhone or else," we interpret that as if our lives are being taken hostage by a person whose moral standards are so low that he equates a human life as having the same value as a cheap electronic. In other words, he's a psychopath with no value for human life. Therefore, we have no reason to take his word that he will keep his end of the "bargain," and every reason to doubt him and to try to get the better of him. In your country, your government, which denies you the right to self-defense, values your life about the same as the psychopathic bad guy values his victims' lives.

You may interpret our use of lethal force as us being "eager to kill" or being "trigger happy," but it's nothing more than evidence that we are affirming our right to live. No good human being wants to take another human's life, but no one wants to have their life threatened by another human being either. Self-defense situations are extremely rare. Home invasions are extremely rare. But these situations happening under dim lighting is not rare. Tritium night sights do work, and when you need them, they are useful.

>>34576808
>I don't see anyone arguing against using force on an obvious intruder
Then you aren't reading the thread.
>>
>>34576922
The person was literally saying that because there once existed a "cat burglar" who would tuck people's children into their beds and who only broke into houses to play pranks with picture frames, you shouldn't be so eager to judge all home intruders as malicious.

It's an extremely dangerous and flawed way to look at a home invasion situation because it can cause hesitation in situations where a split second might be all it takes for a bad guy to get the jump on you, wrestle you to the ground and kill you.
>>
>>34576951
that was beautiful
>>
File: Snapchat-1467285325.jpg (605KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1467285325.jpg
605KB, 1440x2560px
>>34576951
Nope, sorry to disappoint ya. I'm sure somebody will read that wall of text though

>>34576987
>The person was literally saying that because there once existed a "cat burglar" who would tuck people's children into their beds and who only broke into houses to play pranks with picture frames, you shouldn't be so eager to judge all home intruders as malicious.

Nope, I'm that guy and the whole point was that being aware that someone is or has broken into your home isn't always a guarantee and the intruder in question repeatedly did this just to scare the shit out of people and make them feel unsafe until somebody finally caught and killed him. I'm advocating the use of a light because the of the shooter was present when the invader was finally killed AND because of the multiple scenarios where a person that you don't know, or can't see well enough to make a proper judgment on may be in your house while also meaning you no harm because you aren't in control of every situation. I'm 100% percent behind killing a legitimate intruder. I'm not behind putting a hole in someone because I was asleep when they came over with my roommate and I turned into a jumpy shit firing into the darkness instead of flashing them and telling them to gtfo/get on the ground or I'll shoot
>>
>>34572790
>Also the PX4 is a piece of shit, why would he even use one?

I carry a PX4 CC and I could run circles around you with it.
>>
>>34577480
>all that text you just wrote

Nope. Someone will read it, I'm sure, but if you're not willing to listen to what I say after I've read and responded to every one of your posts, then this is no longer a conversation, it's a rant on your part, and you can just fuck off if you think anyone wants to read your rants.
>>
>>34571690
>t. attention whore
tumblr's over there
>>
>>34570549
My glock "accidentally" came with Talo sights that have the orange circle with tritium in the front and the BLACKED out rear sights. At first I thought it was dumb but it actually works alright.

I have an M&P with night sites front and rear and from playing around in the dark with both, at the ranges I'd be possibly taking a shot with a pistol in the dark, I honestly don't think having the rear sights glow helps much. I would point the glock at something just using the front sight and the feel of my hands then turn the my gunlight on and with a little practice I was well within minute of badguy on target every time.

You're still probably better off with three-dot night sights, but if you find a cheap set of front-illuminated only ones get them.
>>
>>34577509
>then this is no longer a conversation
Right, because we aren't necessarily agreeing on killing a person that needs to be killed because that wasn't what the thread was about. We DON'T ACTUALLY DISAGREE on the subject of defending yourself or your property and I've always held the belief that if someone attacks you with intent to do you real harm, they forfeit their life. That doesn't mean shooting a silhouette in the dark is automatically a good shoot.

Yes, IF you know or have enough information to reason that the person in front of you is in fact a person who means you harm then by all means blow them the fuck away. A light is simply a tool that helps do this instead of making sure your son never graduates
>>
>>34577507

Think of how much better those circles would be with a gun that wasn't shit.
>>
>>34576175
>I've never had a malfunction with it.
This is my only real complaint about it aside from it just kind of generally feeling cheap which is subjective. The one I had was a massive failure-to-feed piece of shit that almost never even chambered the first round. It went through a few hundred rounds without this problem and then all of the sudden it developed it, but nothing was broken that I could identify but the problem existed with both magazines I had.
>>
>>34570549
only front lit masterrace
>>
>ITT purchase justification
Enjoy your worthless consumerist garbage you fucking mall ninjas.
>>
>>34571632
With my admittedly limited experience with low light and night shooting, tritium sights are of limited to no use. They simply don't help when you have a source of illumination on the target. And if you don't, you are not likely going to be able to identify your target. That is simply an irresponsible shot if you take it.
>>
>>34572790
>Also the PX4 is a piece of shit
You must never have shot a PX4. I went into the gun store to buy a Glock 19 and bought a PX4 instead and have never felt better. Fits my hand great, handles great, shoots accurately. Out of every gun I own I shoot that one the best.
>>
>>34579801
I have. See. >>34579395
>>
>>34579756
>be walking home from shopping, since you live downtown and the store is close
>you noticed that some people wearing hoodies who have gang tattoos who were loitering outside of the store have begun to follow you home
>before you get home, they've caught up with you and are flashing knives telling you to hand over your wallet and ATM PIN number
>because the light is failing and they're wearing hoodies, you can't really see their faces
>as one of them lunges at you with a knife, you reach for your CCW
>suddenly, you realize that you have tritium sights, but you don't have a weapon light
>since there is no way to positively ID your attackers, you decide to follow the biblical rules of weapons training and don't draw
>the steel of your attacker's knife feels cold as it plunges into your lung
>this is followed by the hot sensation of your own blood going everywhere
>you start coughing, suddenly you can't breathe very well
>staggering around, you are aware that your attacker has stabbed you several more times and also gotten in a few good slashes across your face
>you think about drawing your CCW, but remember again the paramount rules of gun safety
>no light = no way to ID your target
>you fall to the ground and can feel them grabbing your wallet
>one of them finds your gun and they all burst into laughter
>you don't hear the gun shot that puts you out of your misery
>>
>>34579879
>walking home from shopping
Do people do this
>>
>>34580031
Yeah, they're the same kind of people who think that you need to positively ID someone to know that he intends to kill you.
>>
>>34570549

3 Dot sights are cancer

2 Dot or blacked rear sight
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.