[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>range near me is kill >next nearest is two hours away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>range near me is kill
>next nearest is two hours away and an overpriced indoor range
>live innawoods but never shoot here because all the land is owned by a logging company and worried about pissing neighbors off with the noise

how likely is it that I'd get fucked for shooting out there? I've hiked the land a few times, there are a few ATV paths that look well-used but aside from that there's nothing to suggest anyone goes out there.

Also, what kind of gear do you guys use for innawoods shit? I don't plan on staying more than a few hours at a time, but it's dense as fuck out there and it gets hot as balls during the day here.

General innawoods thread too.
>>
>>34563092
Bring all the water you can carry, don't know what state you are in but here in NC with the heat and humidity you can dehydrate yourself in 2 hours of hiking and be in trouble quickly if you don't have water. The only way to know if you'll piss people off by shooting is to actually do it and then wait and see?
Seriously though you should be fine as long as you aren't leaving behind any mess or trash. I shot on land owned by Georgia Pacific for years and never left any trash and I'm pretty sure they never knew I was there at all.
>>
>>34563092
ur going to get absolutely fucking covered in ticks and be painfully pulling them off your balls for days if its anything like the woods around here unless u wear a tucked in shirt shirt belt and completely cover yourself with something that instantly kills them or makes them fall off
>>
also dont wear shorts like dumbasses in pic thread unless u want to be conpletely eaten alive by thousands of them on ur balls
>>
>>34563132
>>34563140
Good points here, which further validates the need to bring alot of water. When I had to hike to get to where I wanted to shoot, I brought one rifle, no more than 300-350 rounds of ammo and kept on mag for the return hike.
>>
>>34563157

Last time I hiked it, I found a spot I would have considered acceptable to shoot in that was about ten minutes from the highway, so three bottles of water or so would probably last me.

I live in an area with wildcats and shit, though, and the brush was so tall even on the ATV path I was following that I was having to lift my knees to my chest to keep from dragging my boots too bad. Figure a handgun in an OWB holster would be good enough if something jumped me, or could I get away with carrying a rifle slung at low ready?
>>
>>34563214
In brush that high you could probably get away with a handgun in an OWB holster or a rifle either one. Realisticly any wildcat is likely to split the first time it catches your scent and you'll likely never see nor hear it, I've been innawoodsing for 10 years and the only animals to ever give me trouble were wild dogs and a few deer that I've startled in the height of rut. Most animals, even bears, will dip out the instant they smell or hear you.
>>
>>34563092
Take a few days to map everything out
Find a point which has the furthest distance from any civilization by radius
Build a burm in the middle
Shoot burm
>>
>>34563092
Shoot on the weekends. The logging companies around here only seem to be active 5 days a week. Unless you make it blatantly fucking obvious that you've been there by leaving a bunch of brass and trash lying around, as so long as you and the logging company don't occupy the same space at the same time how will they know you even exist?
>>
>>34563332

>making permanent changes to someone else's land
>>
>>34563332
How to get the cops involved
The post
>>
How do you guys carry ammo/magazines? Do you run a chest rig or just shove it into a backpack or something?

What about targets?
>>
>>34563440
I usually brought a backpack with a few unloaded mags and the ammo in it, in the summer time I was more than happy to leave a chest rig or gear behind because lol hot as hell. Going really light weight for your first couple of trips is gonna be your best bet. Later in the year once the under brush dies down and it cools off then you could take more gear.
>>
>>34563504

Any advice on targets that I can bring with me? Something a bit more interesting than cans and such, preferably.
>>
>>34563694
You could try clay pigeons although you'd need to bury them once you've about them because of thier visibility, they are pretty cheap as well. If you feel up to it you could bring a steel target if you have one but it would probably dictate making multiple trips as carrying a steel target and a rifle at the same time is pretty much not gonna happen. If you aren't 100% sure you can hide clay pigeons and don't want to carry steel then perhaps look for a big ass rock in the area to shoot? Shooting quartz and granite is pretty fun and gives you a sure report once you've hit it.
>>
>>34563410
Lrn 2 camo noob
>>34563393
All land is public land my nigga
>>
>>34564064

Legal shit aside, wouldn't building a burm high enough and steep enough to catch rifle caliber ammo be a fucking ballache and take forever with just hand tools
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.