[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this the wrong board for this I recently bought this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1677.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1677.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Sorry if this the wrong board for this

I recently bought this world war 2 german spade. The actual spade part is still pretty robust, but the handle Is full of worm holes and also looks as if it hasn't been burned. So I want to make a new handle and put it on instead. How would I go about doing such a thing? I want to keep the old handle in case I want to sell it again.
>>
File: IMG_1679.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1679.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Also, would be possible to clean the spade? Or should I just leave it as it is?
>>
>>34561852
>go to hardware store
>buy shovel handle
>carve new handle
>???
>profit.

It's a tool meant to be used as a tool.
>>
File: IMG_1680.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1680.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34561867
How would I go about removing these metal "screws" that keeps the spade to the handle?
>>
>>34561881
The're rivets, drill/file/tap them out.
replace handle, drill appropriate sized holes in new handle, find appropriate sized metal rod/nail to act as rivet, peen new rivet, enjoy new handle on old shovel.
>>
>>34561881
Nigga do you know what a screw even is?
>>
>>34561894
Thank you so much
>>
>>34561903
Yes, I know those aren't screws, that's why I used the ". I should probably have said nails or something, English isn't my first language so I'm sorry for the mistake.
>>
>>34561852

Let's take a step back and observe how crazy ww2 memorabilia fetishism has gotten. OP purchased, PURCHASED, a fucking 80 year old SHOVEL, probably for 100$ too. To do what? Nothing but complete their larping SS shovel-macht, concentration camp ash cleaner load out. It's a fucking SHOVEL, it doesn't need to be restored it needs to be in your garden digging roots you insufferable faggot. What's next an authentic pair of ww2 cotton socks? A cum stained hankercheif?
>>
>>34561965
>assuming it was 100 dollars

It was 5 euro. And I want to use it when I go for my hikes, so of course I need to change the old handle.
>>
put an AK stock on as a handle
>>34561965
presumably the handle was too damaged to see any real use
>>
You bought an old WW2 shovel, and you now intend to butcher it to try and make a functional shovel out of it?

If it's a functional shovel you want, why didn't you just buy one?

If it's a WW2 shovel you want, why the fuck would you get rid of the original handle?
>>
>>34562031
I wanted a souvenir from Normandy. I also go for hikes so a shovel was pretty perfect for me. The handle is to rotten to be used so I need to add a new handle.

Why buy a new shovel when I could by a functional one from the second world war for only 5 euro?
>>
>>34562038
>Why buy a new shovel when I could by a functional one from the second world war for only 5 euro?

Clearly you didn't, since you need to replace the handle to make it functional.
>>
>>34561965
Some people refrain from destroying historical objects.
>>
>>34561881
they are rivet
if you want to resell it, you are fuck
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x798px
>>34561965
>>34562031
There are nothing wrong with using WW2 shovel
because German and Soviet made million of those

Link related is some Russian make a new handle for one of the spade he found in eastern front

http://onepamop.livejournal.com/1190792.html
>>
That's not even German. Their design was different. I've seen these for sale before. I think they might be E. Bloc surplus. If it was an actual WWII relic, you wouldn't want to replace the handle or use it as a tool. As for what you have here, go ahead and put a new handle on it and smash, chop, dig or whatever with it. It has little historical significance and no monetary value beyond being a functional tool.
>>
>>34561903
fucking shut down
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.