[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s consensus on .32 caliber rounds? Is stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3318.jpg (30KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3318.jpg
30KB, 300x285px
What's /k/'s consensus on .32 caliber rounds?
Is stuff like .32 ACP, .32 S&W long and short still relevant in American gun culture?
I've heard positive stuff about .327 federal magnum
>>
>>34560194
It's a glorified pest round. About the most you can say for it is it's more powerful than a .22.
>>
>>34560205
So basically the next notch above .22 and .25 but right below .380
>>
>>34560229
Not even close.

Its a great round that doesn't have the following it deserves.

It's great because it offers a lot of power for the size, and would give an extra round to a j-frame.
>>
>>34560256
Is it a suitable carry round? I feel like the association with .327 being a meme is similar to .357 SIG, despite .357 SIG being a fantastic round
>>
>>34560194
Only downside to the 32 is the limited support and guns chambered in it.

All of the new ammunition technology that made .380 and 9mm effective also improved the fuck out of .32 ACP. I'd rather carry a .32 than a .380, but I don't want to spend 600 bucks on a Beretta Cheetah.

As far as 327 Fed Mag goes, it's the same problem; if it came in a 6 shot S&W model 642/442/M&P340 I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, ruger trigger suck in comparison, so I'd rather have a .38 special.
>>
>>34560303
it is absolutely a suitable carry round
>>
>>34560256
I'd love to have a 7 round .327 snub over all the .38 special offerings we're given
>>
>>34560303
I got an old iver johnson 5rd revolver I pack every now and again, thing's tiny and it makes a decent little backup revolver. Mild recoil, but it doesn't really have that much punch (granted its >2in barrel) and the round seems to start droppong around 15m, but for short range engagements, it is adequate. Ammo is pricey for what it is, and only like 3 companies make it.
>>
>>34560512
>>34560303
Should clarify, its in 32 S&W long. I will say though, those old nagant revolvers can shoot up to 32 H&R mag if you want a cheap shooter for a 32 rimmed round.
>>
>>34560194
.32's are serviceable, in that several of them were used militarily until getting replaced by .380 and more powerful cartridges.

That said, they tend to be weak until you get to the .32 H&R, which is comparable to .38 Special +P, and .327, which is comparable to .357 Magnum. They are essentially .41 special/magnum in comparison to .44 special/magnum but the .327 allows for an additional shot. Very good round, but a handloader's proposition for now.

>>34560316
>Ruger triggers suck
The LCR is widely considered to have the best trigger of all small frame revolvers absent a gunsmith. I suggest checking them out.

S&W also made a run of .327 snubbies when the round first came out. You might be able to track one down on gunbroker.
>>
>>34560194
Get 2 LCR's, one chambered in .22 WMR, the other in .327 Fed Mag.
Both are 6 rd capacity.
Sadly, DA hammerless only, not available in the LCRx......yet. Hoping.
I. May. Have. To. Do. This. Myself.
All autism aside,
>>
>>34560194
32SW Long is a good round in comparison with a 38 special. Very low recoil but they supposedly penetrate as well or better than most 38s. The biggest problem with them is how expensive they are unless you reload. 32acp is a little more potent than a 22lr out of a pistol. 327 magnum is great.
>>
My children were comfortable with the 32 short when they were learning to shoot.
>>
I have a colt 1903 in .32 acp that I absolutely love. It's accurate, reliable and very ergonomic for its size. I have bigger hands and most handguns under full size feel weird in my hands except this one. It points very naturally too.

I'd trust my life to it with modern hollow points. Granted bigger stuff is probably better but if it's all you have its good enough. I've seen what it can do to shit at close quarters and it'll definitely kill a man dead.

It does have a couple of qualities that could arguably make it better than other weapons for home defense. It's low muzzle report, easy recoil control, and it's lower penetration keep it viable. It's got just enough penetration to kill someone but it loses a lot of energy penetrating barriers
>>
>>34560194
It's pointless to lump all .32s into one group.

.327 is objectively better for civilan carry than .357.
.32 Mag is sort of pointless now that you have .327.
Long and short werks, but you may as well chamber it with .32 auto.
.32 auto is great, especially those new meme rounds, shame there isn't any modern double stack.
>>
>>34560229
Don't ever listen to phil. Ever.
>>
>>34560303
.327 and .32 h&r mag are specifically carry rounds and all the rest are from the days when you were expected to have to shoot some gutter trash at some point in your life. The latter aren't great at that but the .327 and .32 H&R are great with the right ammo
>>
>>34560316
So buy one of the $350 Beretta 80 series on the market right now, find a 632 or learn to use flitz on the sp101
>>
>>34560733
I learned how to sort out my own S&W triggers a long time ago. A trigger job on one of their revolvers is probably the easiest gunsmithing job ever, and you just can't beat how nice they shoot after you spend an hour working on em.

I've shot an LCR and it's good, but it's no S&W trigger.

Also, I'm a southpaw so the cylinder release on Ruger makes me feel disabled.
>>
>>34565024
The LCR trigger is better than any J-frame I have ever used.
>>
>>34560194
>.32 S&W Long
>.32 S&W
>Foreskin vs Circumcised
>>
>>34560316
>Only downside to the 32 is the limited support and guns chambered in it.
/thread

I want wondernine-esque variety.
>>
useful now that Buffalo Bore makes good hard cast flat point loads for them

light small guns suitable for smaller shooters with mild recoil
>>
>>34565834
You know the Wikipedia stock photo has a 7.62x38R in it right.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.