/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was looking around for a new carry gun and I found the sccy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
I was looking around for a new carry gun and I found the sccy cpx-2, brand new, for $280 with case and it might have come with an extra mag. How does /k/ feel about sccy,and this gun in particular, I'm not familiar.
>>
its a disposable gun designed to be carried a lot and shot sparingly. its main purpose is to give poorfags a false sense of security.
>>
>>34556158
It's cheap ass nigger shit. You get what you pay for. You might as well get a Taurus or a Hi-Point. Are you really that broke right now? If you save up just like 100 more bucks, you can get something decent.
>>
>>34556158
$280 is too high, you're in an entire better pistol bracket at that price. The customer service is top notch because they all basically break at some point. Very cheap materials and a notoriously bad trigger. It's part of the Florida Legion of Shitty Gun Manufacturers.
>>
>>34556158
This is 3rd time ive seen you try to subtly shill this paperweight with the same pic and im sick of it. Its shit. You know its shit. You know /k/ knows its shit. Stop making these threads. It could be free and we still wouldn't want it.
>>
>>34556432
Not whichever shill. If it's a shit gun, I don't want it. The one I saw was new and I wasn't familiar with it, the store owner was shilling hard however. but if /k/ can send me any other recommendations I'm listening.
$280 would be a nice price point, but I am also willing to throw something on layaway.
>>34556208
Yeah I am a bit broke which is why I was curious. What would you recommend for under $500 I am considering just throwing a block on layaway, but even the used ones are crazy overpriced.
>>
>>34556494
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668288739

I'd go with something like this.
>>
>>34556494
there isn't an LGS in my city that will even carry SCCY's anymore, tired of getting them back. For 280 you do have some decent options still, like Bersa and EAA. Some Ruger 380's are less than 280 right now. For just shy of $500 you can have practically anything if you're not fixated on NIB purchases.
>>
>>34556631
>>34556494
Others to consider, CZ P-07 and Beretta PX4 compact can be had new for around $4-450.
>>
>>34556631
>>34556638
Thanks, I'll look at some LGS prices on those. The person at the shop claimed to have not got any back. Based on the info from /k/ I suspect they havnt gotten any back because the owners are dead.
>>
>>34556158
>>34556667
>Tfw recommended this to a friend
>saw surplus hi powers on sale for like 350 so only 70 bucks more
>"MAAAAN I CANT AFFORD THAT I LIEK DA CHEAP ONE"
>...fine
>offer to even pay for his ammo if thats what it takes since I know how to work on hi powers
>ends up taking the sccy anyway
>get to the range with him, his new Saturday night special and my Glock 19
>He comes up
>JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM
>let him shoot glock
>BANG BANG BANG BANG
>"I uhhhhh I like your glock more"

you get what you pay for, why are Americans so damn frugal in the wrong places?
>>
>>34556820
In my defense, I've just woke up from a nap, but I'm legit confused as to what gun you're complaining about.
The SCCY? The Kahr? The CZ? The Beretta?
>>
>>34556820
The way it was being shilled I was under the impression it was a good deal. Which is why i asked.
I'm trying to stay within my means, but am in a situation where it would be wise to have a gun.
>>
>>34556158
Get a PHP MV9
>>
>>34556871
I didn't specify
I ran some police trade in Px4s and CZs past him and also the Hi Powers

Literally anything but the fucking sccy

But he didn't listen, to be fair he wanted a more compact gun and the compact Px4 wasn't his thing

>>34556876
The problem is Americans believe each other too much, as long as a company talks to an American like an American they believe them (i.e. all those youtube gun channels that shill the sccy and anything by century)

I swear I have such a love hate relationship with this country its like loving an absolute cunt who still gives good head so you stay.
>>
>>34556871

He's talking about the SCCY.

My opinion is that if you buy a gun that costs about $100 more than a Hi-Point, you should get a better trigger and less parts breakage than a pot metal Saturday Night Special. Unfortunately, that's not the case with the SCCY.
>>
>>34556912
I think the saying about New York applies. She is a thug in a cocktail dress. Do not trust her however high-class she may seem.
>>
Just get an S&W Shield if you're looking for a decent poorfag carry gun. 300-350ish if you buy online and factor in shipping/transfer fees, and they're doing a rebate deal where you can get some ammo, some extra mags, and I think some extra doodads when you buy the gun.
>>
>>34556876
While it has a good price point, the gun is not durable. You can only go so cheap before you start to compromise on the safety and durability of a firearm. Just get an LCP, a Shield, or a Bersa Thunder, those are CC guns that have been proven to be reliable and can be used regularly at the range to practice
>>
>>34556880
I just bought one on gunbroker and the guy still hasn't shipped it. Said he would send me the tracking number a few days ago. Seller was automagmike or something like that, "shipping" was $65, $240 overall but the grips we're intact.
>>
File: 20170715_215345.jpg (378KB, 1100x896px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_215345.jpg
378KB, 1100x896px
>>34556158
Get a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 if you are looking at budget guns.
Comes with a second mag.
I'm 7k rounds into mine without any issues.
Can find them for ~$200 on slickguns.com
>>
I have a cpx1, bought it because the store owner shilled it and the warranty saying "you could lose it in a boat accident and they'd replace it"

Just googled 'sccy cpx1 torture test' and found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYbIxmWnec
Not too bad really
>drop in muddy water
>drop it off building
>run it over
>still works
Don't get the hate
>>
>>34556158
I hope their new .380 is a big step up in quality control, because as far as I know it's the only thing that has that many rounds in that size package. Maybe it'll at least inspire someone else to make the same kind of thing but better.
>>
>>34558792
since it IS for carry, i just want to make sure it fires every time.
Interesting that it has such drastically different experiences with different people.
>>34558718
that was one i was looking at, but i've heard a lot of mixed things about taurus. Its obvious my experience with various brands is pathetic at best. I've never had my own pistol and only ever got to share with family. They are heavy Beretta and S&W people.
>>
>>34559219
Taurus has had a lot of lemons in the past but they got this one right.
I did some work to mine though just to be safe.
Swapped out the polymer guide rod with a stainless steel one (about $35 for the part) and polished the feed ramp with my dremel.
I've only ever fed it shit ammo and it runs well.
>>
>>34559299
i'll check some LGS prices on the guns anons have listed in this thread. I dont want to buy online because its going to add on the price of the transfer and background check to whatever i pay for the gun.
I didnt necessarily seen anything wrong with the taurus PT111 i was looking at in store, and it was in my price range. But the negative feedback spooked me away from it.
>>
File: PlusBack.jpg (61KB, 592x400px) Image search: [Google]
PlusBack.jpg
61KB, 592x400px
Does anyone else pronounce SCCY in their head as "SCSI" port
>>
File: 00410415_is.jpg (12KB, 252x378px) Image search: [Google]
00410415_is.jpg
12KB, 252x378px
>>34556880
>quickly replaced by the HS2000
wowee

>>34559529
the spelling makes me think of this.
>>
File: 1488248992482.jpg (29KB, 433x436px) Image search: [Google]
1488248992482.jpg
29KB, 433x436px
>>34556158
The trigger is absolutely atrocious. For the price, I suppose it serves its purpose, but you couldn't give me one.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.