[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason to go with the FN 509 over a VP9? I keep hearing advertisements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: FN_509_Rotators-1800x1275.png (2MB, 1800x1275px) Image search: [Google]
FN_509_Rotators-1800x1275.png
2MB, 1800x1275px
Any reason to go with the FN 509 over a VP9? I keep hearing advertisements for it while listening to Glenn Beck on the AM radio. Both manufacturers have nice rebates going on.
>>
You might find the FN to be slightly cheaper than a VP9, but otherwise I imagine it'd come down to personal preference.
>>
>>34555024
I did hold a vp9 back when they were the meme gun of the decade with an $850 msrp. Was nice, but goddamn, the fucking maching marks on the slide were just screaming at me.
>>
>>34554670
Why would you want a handgun with a compact slide and full size grip? It's the worst of both worlds for everything.

>>34555071
The only two VP9's I ever held made a horrible screeching noise when I racked the slide. Not sure if it was just those particular guns (they were showroom models) or if they all do that, but it turned me off of them quick.
>>
>>34555088
>made a horrible screeching noise when I racked the slide
I've handled three different VP9s in my time (a rental, my friend's, and my own (the latter being a VP9SK, mind, but all the same)), and none have had that problem.
>>
Why would you pick either over a glock 17? Striker shit is striker shit and at least the glock gives you 33 rounds.
>>
>>34555900
Glock is a meme
>>
There's no reason to buy the FN 509 ever honestly. Ever single pistol they put out has some type of bullshit associated with it that just isn't an issue with any other gun. The FNSc is tempting but FN handguns are just so damn lukewarm. Remember the FN Forty.
>>
>>34556040
So is HK and FN
>>
Have you considered Walther at all? They are offering a $100 dollar rebate for their PPQ until the start of September. To put that in perspective with the other two rebates you mentioned, you would essentially recieve two free magazines for a pistol that you can get for $500-550.
>>
>>34554670
After having held and shot both, I'd go VP9. The FN just feels blocky, like moreso than glock. Although, I would say rent both if you can, and see which one you like best then go from there.
>>
It's just FN's attempt to further rebrand another gun that failed in the marketplace.
>>
>>34556507
I'll check out Walther, thanks anon.

>>34556547
True
>>
>>34556507

I agree with this anon. The Walther PPQ, imo, still has the best trigger among all current striker fired pistols out there now. It is ergonomic and has a strong tennifer finish.

The Sig P320 is also another option I suggest. The aftermarket for this gun is going to expand with so many LEO, civilian, and military buying the P320. But the gun is pretty good that it doesn't really need anything except a decent holster and more magazines. The modularity isn't that useful to me except removing the FCU out of the frame makes cleaning and lubricating extremely easy. And eventually, when spare parts are widely available and detail strip guides are up, user serviceability will be almost as easy as Glocks.
>>
File: 1499718411147.jpg (78KB, 502x697px) Image search: [Google]
1499718411147.jpg
78KB, 502x697px
>>34554670
>Glenn Beck

Is he still shilling Bond Arms meme guns? The one he uses for shooting snakes?
>>
>>34556546
>The FN feels blocky

What? The grip feels great, especially with the aggressive texturing that rubs your skin off every time you shoot.
>>
File: IMG_20170624_143340449.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_143340449.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>34556998

>PPQ
>P320

I think you forgot one
>>
>>34557049
Well it isn't that piece of shit
>>
>>34557049
Yeah the P10 really is a great gun. For holding and photoshoots.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.