[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if nukes had never been invented. Say they never exist at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

What if nukes had never been invented. Say they never exist at all.

What would have happened after 1945?
>>
Hand to hand fighting in Japan until 1948.
>>
>>34554223
Well, the Pacific Theater of WW2 would have lasted longer, with either the US winning with a lot of casualties or the Soviets joining in and ending up taking half of Japan with the other half taken by the US. The Cold War might have actually gone hot, with a Third World War.
>>
>>34554255
>The Cold War might have actually gone hot, with a Third World War.
now would it really be considered a third, or would the phase of ww2 just turn from allies vs. axis to west vs. ussr?
>>
T-29s and T-30s dumping HE into bunkers in the streets of Tokyo while covered in nip children stabbing them with bamboo spears.
>>
File: non-stop warfare.png (194KB, 325x283px) Image search: [Google]
non-stop warfare.png
194KB, 325x283px
>>
>>34554223
Long and bloody uphill fight into Japan. Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dead Allied soldiers and millions of dead Japanese.

Would be pretty interesting if it happened desu
>>
>>34554223
japan would have looked like Dresden. the massive cultural implications of the cold war wouldn't have been as sever resulting in a less "hot" cold war. there might have been more cooperation with german, russian, and american et al engineers. basically world peace.
>>
File: IMG_4113.jpg (299KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4113.jpg
299KB, 1600x1200px
>>34554223
We would've gone with the other plan
Gather all the Mexican bats we can, strap firebombs to them, let loose over major population centers
RIP Nip
>>
Russia would have invaded Japanese occupied Manchuria and Korea, which long term would have resulted in some pretty interesting civil wars

Japan might still have surrendered before invasion by the US, since some of the Manhattan projects alternatives would not have been shelved (mostly more interesting ways to undertake firebombing, such as explosive bats).

Although thinking about Patton charging pershing tanks across Japan gives me a hard-on
>>
>>34555188
>Weaponized bats was a real plan.

Are we sure that /k/ wasn't around in 1945?
>>
>>34555220
The best part is they actually worked
>>
>>34555259
In tests. At least one of the tests involved the destruction of an airbase and the bats hiding under a fuel tank.
>>
>>34555292
And accidents. The bats got out and burned down the nearby town
>>
>you will never be in your 20s during WW2

Why even live?
>>
>>34554223
This post made me groan out loud, thank you op.
>>
>>34555349

> Implying that there will never be another chance to kill boot licking facists
>>
>>34554255
>Japan never becomes what it is today
>No anime
>No Jpop
>No Nintendo
>No girls shoving live octopuses up their ass on camera
>No weeb culture
>As a result, no 4chan

I would've been a doctor by now. The Manhattan project ruined my life
>>
>>34554223
You mean after WWII ended, because without nukes it may have continued into 1946 or later.

We'd have had WWIII & WWIV already, at least. WWIII would have been the U.S. & Europe vs. USSR. Who knows after that.
>>
File: EyfC8t9.png (391KB, 337x409px) Image search: [Google]
EyfC8t9.png
391KB, 337x409px
>>34554290
It would be a third in the way WWI and WWII were distinct wars, but WWI didn't really completely end, just that every country involved was running out of capability to wage war.

Immediate implications would be that we'd likely see a North and South Japan in addition to West and East Germany. I'm not 100% on Stalin's views, but I'm reasonably certain that without the threat of nukes, the cold war would never happen because West Germany would end up a flashpoint for some fucking reason and the resumption of open hostilities before 1950 between a coalition of countries that resembles NATO and the Soviet Union.

South Japan would likely end up in a similar situation as West Germany, where instead of total disarmament, they'd be allowed to retain limited sovereignty as a bulwark against Soviet expansion.

However, the development of nukes was never in question. It was an inevitability. Every major power knew of the theoretical basis for them, it's just that the US was in a position that they had an advanced enough industrial base (which the Russians didn't have) throw enough resources (which the Germans didn't have) and qualified people (which the Japanese didn't have) at their development to get them years before anyone else. If they hadn't been kicked in the teeth, the Germans probably would have had nukes in 1947-1948 (their program wasn't really prioritized), Japanese would probably get them in the 1950s. In reality, and the Soviets got theirs in 1949 after stealing the American design and a few years of peacetime development, so with wartime pressures, they'd probably also see their program produce results in the mid 1950s.
>>
>>34554223
>tl;dr
Operation Unthinkable and operation Downfall
>>
File: 1491060991564.jpg (64KB, 590x411px) Image search: [Google]
1491060991564.jpg
64KB, 590x411px
>>34555427
underrated post
>>
>>34554255
The Soviets did not have the amphibious infrastructure to hit the Japanese home islands.
>>
>>34555375
>implyign there won't ever be a chance to kill jew-loving capitalists and bolsheviks
FTFY
>>
File: madthad.png (197KB, 388x341px) Image search: [Google]
madthad.png
197KB, 388x341px
>>34555427
No regrets here.
>>
>>34555375
Why do you Antifa faggots come here? I know there's all the "gb2 /pol/" bantz thrown around for NatSocs and aut-righters and all that, but you people are universally despised and it will be impossible for you to find purchase in communities that are traditionally or overwhelmingly conservative, such as the firearms community.

We hate you in the music circles, we hate you in the firearms circles, we hate you in any sort of activism circles, why do you bother still?

Maybe you're just fucking ugly, I don't know. You know what, how about when we meet up in Charlottesville, I give you a Danner dental plan. See you at UTR, Antifa. Bring Lamb along while we're at it and also that little faggot with the arrows tattooed on his neck. Myself and other WNs are really wanting to sick those motherfuckers.

Let's see how many "Nazis" they can lie about stabbing to their faggot friends when they're getting their own medicine.
>>
File: 1478742609311.png (843KB, 819x652px) Image search: [Google]
1478742609311.png
843KB, 819x652px
>>34554223
>non-stop warfare
>>
>>34556532

>Autistic sperging intensifies

You assume I'm a fucking commie instead of someone who enjoys my personal freedoms and rights and knows the history behind facism.

I'd put the facists behind them commies, personally - who racked up the higher kill count?

Your cuck whiteboi mentality won't get you far, and I'm saying that as a whitey myself.

I don't give a fuck about your music, I can buy my own guns and enjoy them without caring about what stormfronters think, and petite white wymmen are the best lays if you can find the secret bedsheet freaks.

I hope you meet some niggers in a dark alley, ya little bitch. You'll shoot em and end up hanging high for what you wouldn't even consider a crime.
>>
>>34556383

Shhhh, is ok BBY. Freedom rings, be it from commies or be it from facists, but it rings like freshly fired brass all the same.
>>
File: 1494463622264.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494463622264.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>34556383
DA JOOZ!!!!11
>>
>>34556532
>everyone who doesn't like bootlicking statism is antifa!
You need to take a long trip out of a helicopter right alongside the commies, Kraut lover.
>>
>>34555375
>>34556383
Implying there won't be a chance to just kill everyone who pisses you off. So both party's of thought basically.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.