[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently built this rifle and everything went flawlessly except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Recently built this rifle and everything went flawlessly except there is some fitment issues between the upper and lower receiver. This allows a tiny wobble movement and was wondering if /k/ had any suggestions on how to fix
>>
>>34552361
accu wedge. If you cannot afford make one.
>>
>>34552361
$5 simple fix
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receiver-hardware/accu-wedges/ar-15-m16-accu-wedge-prod16662.aspx
>>
File: o ring.jpg (480KB, 1530x1428px) Image search: [Google]
o ring.jpg
480KB, 1530x1428px
>>34552361
13 cent simple fix. Pretty sweet gun for an Australian.
>>
>>34552361
Is that wobble a bad thing? My PSA PTAC (She's actually been nothing but great) has it and I've put a thousand rounds through her without any issues whatsoever so I figured it wasn't a big deal
>>
>>34552408
not OP but just tested this. It works fine, many thanks.
Something else but till in the wobbling department : the trigger group has some play in the receiver, is it normal ? its a little bit bothering because the trigger isn't rock solid an moves a little in the axis perpendicular to general direction of the rifle
>>
>>34552417
Its structurally fine as well as accurately fine, just a nuisance to me
>>
>>34552446
Yeah I could see how, I might fix mine up so it doesn't feel like a fucking toy now that I know there's a way to
>>
>>34552361

>/k/ had any suggestions on how to fix

Yeah, next time buy from a supplier that knows how to use a dial indicator.

If you have to true up the product after the fact with O rings or plastic shim's, you've being ripped off.
>>
>>34552361
Stick a foam ear plug in where the back td pin is
>>
>>34552460
It's actually common across manufacturers (even fancy high end ones) and does not cause any issue other than annoying the most autistic segment of owners. Hint: very few guns are designed to require absolutely perfect fit to function correctly.
>>
>>34552361
Personally, I used to solve this with some aluminum sheathing, with holes drilled for the pins, bent into L shapes and carefully sanded down to permit clearance. It was rock solid but made disassembly real finicky. O rings didn't have enough clearance in my receivers and just got chopped up when I closed the clamshell.

Eventually I just built a nicer upper. The Aero Precision forged upper I got mated perfectly with my S&W lower so fussy workarounds became a thing of the past.

>>34552460
Chill out. Play between upper and lower receivers is entirely normal with AR15s, they all have it to some degree and it will not affect reliability. Unless you buy a hand matched set for the upper and lower, you are bound to have some play. You should see the rattletraps that have made the rounds through the military without any sort of reliability issues.

>>34552375
Only works if you have a low shelf lower. High shelf lowers will not have the clearance for an accu-wedge.
>>
>>34552830
Yea, from what I have seen, unless it's a factory built, you get tolerance stackimg
>>
>>34552899
Even if it is a factory build, you may still get tolerance stacking.
>>
>>34552433
normal
>>
>>34552899

You're a regard who doesn't know what he's talking about. Probably a no guns faggot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.