[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ seem to hate the browning hi power? In my experience,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: BHPandBlueangels030[1].jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BHPandBlueangels030[1].jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
Why does /k/ seem to hate the browning hi power? In my experience, I hardly notice the shitty trigger and it's an excellent pointer, so I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>34551540
Muh lol9mm.meme
>>
File: IMG_7123.png (451KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7123.png
451KB, 640x1136px
Price check on c&r eligible israeli surplus hi powers on gunbroker for ~$570.

Is this a good deal considering the state of the finish or am I better off waiting for a nicer one at the same price point?

>just missed out on a near perfect finish, non import marked one for the same price since seller pulled listing early while I was making arrangements with FFL.
>probably a fluke and will not happen again for a while
>>
File: hi power notes.jpg (1007KB, 2200x1324px) Image search: [Google]
hi power notes.jpg
1007KB, 2200x1324px
>>34551540
Retards incorrectly equate the typically gritty pre-travel with the kind of grit a bad double action trigger would have. It's worse when they use terms for it that they don't understand and confuse the other newfags. Every Hi Power I've ever shot has had a crisp trigger with virtually no creep at all and just broke like a glass rod.

>>34551571
I'm familiar with this seller, and their prices are generally on the high side of market value, but not unfair. That's just what you get with a buy it now style listing. When I was watching Hi Power auctions on Mach1 Arsenal's page, guns in this kind of condition would sell for as low as $450 sometimes, and as high as $550 other times. Auctions fluctuate based on the amount of retards who get emotionally invested in a particular gun and don't understand that there will always be more available later down the road. Once they get a fair amount of holster wear, they lose almost all of their collector value, so $450-550 (don't take an average, it's a fluctuating price) is simply a good standardized price for them.

Take a close look at the photos, understanding that the people who work at this particular gun dealer are retarded and don't know how to use a camera. Almost all of their photos will be too close and out of focus to see the actual condition. I ordered a gun from these people once and was incredibly annoyed to realize how much worse the gun looked compared to how their photos depicted it. Look for tell-tale signs of heavy wear, like patina in the finish, ugly scratches or spots of pitting. I would want to get a gun with minimal patina and minimal pitting. Sometimes these guns will have some pitting in the bore, but usually not.
>>
>>34551540
Most people on /k/ are no guns
The ones who own guns are mallninjas or poorfags who will also shit on 1911's because they can't afford one or hate a single stack .45

I have an FN Hi Power and it's amazing, probably my favorite handgun to shoot next to CZ75 tactical. For whatever reason it feels better to shoot with gloves on and I don't usually wear gloves. Most of the guys I see at my competitions use metal framed guns like 1911's, Hi powers, and CZ's
>>
>>34551639
most people on /k/ shit on everything.
the hi power is one I don't have.
I think that needs to change.
>>
File: IMG_20170507_135429.jpg (2MB, 3698x2247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_135429.jpg
2MB, 3698x2247px
I have an early feg hi power. Trigger was okay til I removed the mag disconnect. Now it has a great one.
>>
>/k/ hating the hi power

This is a meme.
>>
I have literally never seen anyone on /k/ hate on the Hi Power.
>>
>>34551540
I always shoot 3 inch groups or better at 15m with my issues one, usually 2 or more of the shots can be covered by a quarter. I love the sights although they're not the quickest, if I was a cop I'd prefer larger less accurate sights.
>>
I really want a tacticooled Hi Power with a rail and stuff.

Somone needs to make a modern Hi Power
>>
>>34551540

it's heavy for 9m but low recoil

big reason hate = it's not a 45
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.