[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some kitchen knives that are suitable to use as personal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: 51Vsle-n2-L._SL1090_.jpg (28KB, 706x1090px) Image search: [Google]
51Vsle-n2-L._SL1090_.jpg
28KB, 706x1090px
What are some kitchen knives that are suitable to use as personal protection weapons?
>>
>>34547955
Why do you people insist on shitting up this board with your fucking mongoloid retard questions. Fuck off.>>34547955
>>
>>34547955
>nice try British police
>>
>>34547955
Mora knives.
>>
>>34547955
The pointy ones
>>
File: olc-tac.jpg (679KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
olc-tac.jpg
679KB, 1500x1500px
Literally any chef's knife and plenty more. However if you have never Googled "tactical kitchen knife" then you don't know what contempt and discomfort truly are
>>
>>34547955
10" chef's Fibrox from Victorinox.
>>
>>34547955
I know someone who was stabbed in the chest with a 10" Henckels chef knife. Was high and to the right of his heart, just missing the one of the arteries on the left or a couple. Coratid or left subclavian. He said it only penetrated 3" though.

He got the knife back and has it framed with a pic of the X-rays. Cool guy, crazy ex-girlfriend.

But in answer to your question, any "full tang" knife should do. Aim for the throat.
>>
>>34551648
This is bad advice. Kitchen knives are not for stabbing and any point they have is merely aesthetic/for picking up pieces of raw meat by poking them. Kitchen knives are for one of three things, slicing, chopping, or sawing. If you're using a "standard" kitchen knife you should be slashing for under the arms, between the thighs, and below the ribs. If you aim for the neck you will find either jaw or breast bone.
>>
File: image.jpg (2KB, 125x53px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2KB, 125x53px
Any "Boning Knife" is pretty deadly
>>
>>34552056
>why do you have a boning knife, anon? were you a butcher?
>n-no
>then... why?
>t-t-actical guys t-told me t-to
at least befriend a chef first
>>
>>34552079
Commonly used for butchering animals/game....have one in my deer butchering kit.
>>
>>34548952
>all those pockets and holes to collect grease, meat, and organic matter that will fester and go toxic

Come the fuck on.
>>
any of the sturdier meat knives would do fine

You can instantly tell a high quality steel knife if the blade is firm and doesn't wobble. I have several at home.
>>
Knife fight with a paring knife.
>>
>>34551702
This guy gets it
>>
File: 21PvRF84yfL.jpg (7KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
21PvRF84yfL.jpg
7KB, 500x250px
>>34547955
solid maple rolling pin
blunt force trauma is best trauma
>>
Just bought a cold steel set for my granny for her birthday. They all seem pretty solid.
>>
>>34547955
Brother and I used to knife fight with our mom's kitchen knives. Lemme break it down for you.

Chef Knife
>Large
>Good for cutting and stabbing
>Solid build

Carving knife
>Large
>Exceptional at slashing (brother almost took my finger in our very last battle)
>Solid and sturdy

Paring knife
>Easily concealable

Boning knife
>Thin and flexible, do not use as a defensive weapon

Bread knife
>Use only if under attack from Powdered Toast Man

Sushi Knife
>Sharp
>Long
>Sturdy
>Folded >9000 times
>>
File: m_emc_xtra_bo_0001.jpg (22KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
m_emc_xtra_bo_0001.jpg
22KB, 500x357px
>>34552894
And who doesn't love hot spots.
>>
File: 12.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>>34555820
Just leave out Butchers knives, breakers and slicers why don't ya. My victorinox scimitar has made short work of some big ass salmon and a 14" old hickory is nothing to scoff at.

Also anything used by the japs in a fish market. Some of those things are buster swords that make pizza knives look tame
>>
>>34555820
Do you by any chance live in a double-wide?
>>
>>34556288
>Butchers knives, breakers and slicers
checked
No experience fighting with those cause mom didn't have them, so I left them out.
>>
>>34556311
The nips don't fuck around
>>
File: art5i2.jpg (51KB, 1084x542px) Image search: [Google]
art5i2.jpg
51KB, 1084x542px
>>34547955
BEHOLD THE WEAPON OF MY FATHERS FATHERS FATHER

SLAYER OF THE LEGENDARY ROC

THE MOURNFUL BLADE NAMED:

"MEAT CLEAVER"
>>
>>34556310
nope, just three brothers born too close together for their exhausted parents to keep track of.
>>
>>34548855
Bin that knife!
>>
>>34556387
bin is not a verb ya cockgobs
>>
>>34547977
That is not a retarded question by any means. A kitchen knife is the most dangerous tool somebody without guns will have handy in his home for self defense purposes. It is also the most innocent and least "premeditated" looking tool.

That said OP I am unironically a kitchen knife collector and used to be interested in knife fighting for home defense. Some of the best knives you can get would be a Wusthof Classic with the full bolster and mayby a 6'' blade (not longer, it will be too unwieldy, poorly balanced and will snap off more easily). A really good knife would also be the large chef's knife from this series (pic related) from Tupperware. You may have to look on ebay for them, I know German ebay used to be flooded with dozens of them. Really sturdy blade, comfy handle and rather tailheavy which is not something you would want in a kitchen knife acually used for cooking but is good for a fighting knife.
>>
>>
>>34556353
How much would a sushi sword cost? Can it double as a regular sword?
Regardless, I want one.
>>
File: 1500165063883461577865.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1500165063883461577865.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>34556355
That thing has no character
>>
>>34551702
I sharpen the fuck out of my knife what are you on
>>
>>34547977
Statistically there's probably been more people fucked up, stabbed and chopped with kitchen knives than crazy urban youths with flick or flip knives. Its a very go-to choice in domestic violence

>>34548952
Oh boy you're not wrong, that's an absolutely terrible kitchen knife!

I guess if you're looking for some kind of double duty in a kitchen knife that would also dismember someone in your house, something with a thicker spine would be better than the thinner ones. Typically on most kitchen knives I'll make with a 1.5-2mm spine across the top- they're slicers, they slice stuff and generally 9 x out of 10 the stuff you're slicing isn't wriggling around so it doesn't really need that very high, lateral rigidity when being murdered in your own home which would cause breakage. It needs to be light and sharp- plus often I'll generally temper it to be very hard (around the 60-62HRC) which is conducive to breakage when rammed into a squirming target.

A couple of very heavy duty, professional knives I've made with a 2.5-3mm spine cross section- really deep, thin hollow grind, very sharp, but not as much lateral flexibility as some people personally don't like that in their primary knife. They'd be perfectly suitable to chopping, slicing and stabbing someone in the process of being murdered by them, or good enough to kill 2-3 people with and probably not snap off the tip or some other malfunction.

The other secondary use knives are probably a little better for killing people than a chef's knife and any of the heavy knives in a butchers (breaker, cimeter) are options as well
>Boning and filleting knives- very sharp, tough, very pointy
>Petty knife- bit more rigidity, generally sharp
>4" Paring for the pointy, ease of use stabbing factor
>Clever, because a few swipes with that its time for the hospital

So if you had to, a well appointed kitchen has a myriad of objects that would kill or incapacitate someone
>>
>>34556522
Those things are expensive. and I mean REALLY expensive, well over $10.000.
>>
>>34551702
You're an idiot.

Most stabbings, stabbing deaths are done with the average kitchen knife.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.