[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to be a super cool combat shoot-'em-up man >Hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Alone.jpg (171KB, 920x739px) Image search: [Google]
Alone.jpg
171KB, 920x739px
>Want to be a super cool combat shoot-'em-up man
>Hate camping and being in the field for weeks at a time with no shower only two pairs of underwear

How do I learn to love the outdoors?
>>
>>34546255
Start by luxury car camping and doing shit outdoors with friend, and as you learn, start packing less. Doing it with friends will make it way easier
>>
>>34546255
Embrace the suck.
>>
>>34546255
Go outside. Fucking Christ.
>>
If you don't enjoy being your fantasy of being a video game hero, then don't do it. Keep it to vidya.
>>
Get top tier

You think Delta fucking camps? They stay in Five-Star Hotels in Saudia Arabia before taking a helicopter to their mission.
>>
Go overlanding.
>>
>>34546255
Just practice not showering at home until you feel comfortable with it.
>>
>>34546255
i love the outdoors
>>
>>34546255
Bring more than two pairs of underwear, you fucking mongoloid. Why the fuck wouldn't you pack enough underwear for a fresh pair every day?
>>
>>34548661
This. I'll spend several days in the woods with no showers but I always bring extras of underwear and socks. They don't take up that much space and weigh almost nothing.
>>
>>34546255
Not being a pussy is a start.
>>
File: Spec Ops.jpg (488KB, 1881x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Spec Ops.jpg
488KB, 1881x1139px
>>34546304

I'd say SF spends more time rucking it than any other part of the military
>>
>>34549429
What sort of qualifications do I need to get that job? (I'm a horse.)
>>
>>34546255
You either love it or you dont. If you cant enjoy it when you do it voluntarily, theres no way youll hack it when its pissing it down, youve been tabbing for hours with heavy kit, you have to dig a two man shell scrape with a shitty folding spade, eat rat packs that you will seriously question the ingredients of, and on top of all that, when you finally get your head down, half an hour later some cheeky cunt pokes his head in and says 'Psst, youre on stag in 5 mate'.

And then do that for days or weeks on end, whilst possibly being in combat, being shattered, and having to personal admin yourself to a high degree so you dont fuck yourself up disease wise or injury wise, as well as keep all your kit, not to mention your rifle, in good order because you never know when some fucker is going to bump you and you need to pack up and fuck off with the speed of a thousand gazelles.
>>
>>34546255
Just spend a few days in it. No, really. Get yourself a cheap, shitty burner phone you can call home and 911 with if needed. Now turn it the FUCK off and put it way deep in your bag. Waaaaaay deep, like how you wish your wife could get my cock in her throat. Pack some windproof, reasonably warm clothing which is comfortable, durable and retains its warmth when wet. See /out/ for info on specific fabrics and how to fucking layer properly so you don't die like a moron. Pack some extremely shelf-stable food (enough for a few days), some rope and twine, a mess kit (knife, fork, spoon, and a couple pots and pans) and a means to start fires, and DO NOT forget a decent knife- most useful tool you'll ever own. Great, now a book, preferably one you don't value too much, a notebook/sketchpad and some writing tools, and don't forget your first aid kit and whatever meds your autistic ass needs. Grab a map and a compass, and go fucking camping. Once you unplug and de-stress out there for a bit, you realize how fun it is.
>>
File: 1494788700271.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494788700271.gif
3MB, 360x270px
>>34546255
>Want to be operator as fuck but don't like the concept of killing another person even in war
>>
It doesn't matter. I love the outdoors, hiking, camping, navigating, natrure observation. But being outside with the army is not enjoyable 95% of the time, even if you are some place nice that you would enjoy if you weren't there with the army. Only very rarely did I feel any of the usual joy of the outdoors when I was inna field inna infantry.
>>
>>34546255
Fuck man your problem sounds easier than mine. I desperately want to camp and operate outside, and I live in a pretty state with lots of great country for it, but work and life bullshit never gives me two nights in a row I can go outside for.
>>
>>34548661
>>34548685
I take a pair for each day +1 just in case. Anyway, you can always wash your clothes if you're staying out for a while. Warm up some water and rub a dub dub. Can wash yourself too
>>
>>34551267
This. If anyone says they enjoyed field ops while they were in, then they must have had an easy job. I was in artillery and field ops meant sleepless cold nights, not being able to shit or piss when you wanted to, and nets. Miserable nets. I've been camping since and it's very easy and enjoyable. But the key is preparation
>>
I love being /out/. I just found my 1 man hike tent, now I have the urge. Though shitting is my only issue. I'm the person who hates shitting anywhere but at home and will go to great lengths to do so. I use stupid amounts of TP too.
>>
>>34552200
Just being able to do the most basic of shit makes it more enjoyable. Let alone the really big stuff like having to carry loads of heavy military shit, having to do shit jobs at all hours, up more than half the night rotating through guard.

>the army
>your sleeping/admin/shelter position has to be in a specific location facing a certain way
>meaning have to sleep with huge as fuck tree roots stick up out of the ground and thick mud
>want to eat but can't because you just came off guard and you're about to do a patrol
>see some wildlife you'd like to look at? Can't because you're scanning your arcs for dudes or you should be.
>starts sleeting
>can't put on goretex because too much noise/you can't leave your position or put down your weapon/you don't have it because you're on the lightest of scales

>civi outdoors
>choose the nicest, driest and flattest ground you can find to sleep on
>stop and eat at your leisure
>you plan your entire day because there's no one else for miles
>See something you want to stop and look at for a while? Do what the fuck you like.
>starts sleeting
>stop and put on whatever layers you require

Civillian and Mil outdoors are two completely different things.
>>
>>34546255
Hell, I've gone, and still plan on going to the Central Asian Steppe just to camp around outside. It's pretty fun, especially in a diverse environment where plains meets mountains, and deserts.
>>
press f
>>
>>34549547
This man knows what the fuck he is talking about and is either a Brit or an Aussie
>>
File: Dakota Fire Hole.jpg (373KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dakota Fire Hole.jpg
373KB, 1024x768px
>>34549516
You gotta be the biggest, toughest horse in town. Those guys always have a ton of ammo to haul around.
>>
>>34548661
>taking underwear at all
kek
>>
>>34546280
/thread
>>
>>34550403

Operators are literally Gmen Killers, what the fuck?

>want to run a marathon at record time
>dont like concept of sweating
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.