[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ like bows and archery, I never see threads here. Archery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1464809581083-621530100.jpg (90KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1464809581083-621530100.jpg
90KB, 900x506px
Does /k/ like bows and archery, I never see threads here.

Archery thread?ARCHERY THREAD
>>
>>34543045
A proper bow setup is more than most of /k/ is willing to spend on guns let alone something that doesn't go bang.

I'm about 1,700 USD in on the bow I've had for the past decade. Including arrows, broad heads, strings, cams, releases, tuning, and all that jazz.
>>
>>34543045
Archery threads never get enough love, since we're on the topic what would be a good quality bow for a 98 pound 5' girl?
>>
Eh. I've never really felt the need to get one myself. Guns work really well, you know?
They're pretty cool though, probably in the same category as muzzle loaders for most of us.
>>
>>34543069
It is expensive on the initial investment for high end gear like anything else but affordable in the long run due to arrows being re usable. Maybe because it's not viable to LARP as an operator with one it's not popular.
>>
>>34543105
>Maybe because it's not viable to LARP as an operator with one it's not popular.
You totally can though.
t. autismo LARPer
>>
>>34543077
Winchester is new on the scene as far as bows go and has some good affordable bows. I got my girl one in pink camo and shit for under 400 and maybe another 3 to set it up. The quality is so high now that even if you buy a high end brand that's within the last 5 years it's still very competitive.
>>
>>34543077
>girl
Find an 18lb kids bow, realize shes unable/unwilling to expend enough effort to draw even that, and give up.
>>
>>34543077
Pretty much any compound bow from Bear Archery to PSE. If you're buying online make sure to bring it into a bowshop before you shoot it. Best way to hurt yourself or learn improper form is to use a bow right out of the box.

>>34543097
I chose archery because I wanted to increase the time I'm able to harvest game. Archery season is a lot longer than rifle. I can say from experience it takes a lot more time and practice to become good at archery than it does as shooting.
>>
>>34543069
>A proper bow setup is more than most of /k/ is willing to spend on guns let alone something that doesn't go bang.
>I'm about 1,700 USD in on the bow

Nigger have you seen the autists in arg? They spend that on one optic.

Many posters have spent more than that on just suppressors.
>>
>>34543148
>I chose archery. . .
Ah. That makes sense. I don't think I'd have the nerves for it though. I feel uncomfortable using less than .308 for deer. I just want to make sure it's the cleanest kill possible because I have the heart of a hippy when it comes to animals.
The investment of time is a bigger turn off than anything monetary for me. I wish work schedules were more flexible. It feels like it's either NEET with no money or wageslave with no time.

>>34543186
>/arg/
>most of /k/
I desperately hope not.
>>
>>34543245
A broad head will punch a 2inch hole in flesh like a shot gun slug also break bone.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 237x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 237x238px
Seems like bowfags are here in decent numbers.
Are there any bows that could reliably kill a human being that are on the quiet side like a suppressed .22 LR? Asking for uh, creative writing purposes.
>>
You don't need the top of the line to get the job done if your draw length and weight are high enough. I have a hoyt charger at 75lbs with a 33 inch draw (my bow guy rigged up some came to go past the 32 inch maximum) and it surpasses the Spyder turbos. Granted, a turbo at 75lbs with an overdone draw would beat me.
>>
>>34543266
Arrows don't have muh stoppin' powwa though. A shot to the chest with an adequate hunting round will normally drop a deer within a reasonable search radius no matter the exact spot you hit.

Arrows are fickle. I've had clean chest shots that pass right through and I still end up searching for the deer for half the day. I've also had arrows nick the spine for an instant drop. Or a broad head catches a piece of the heart and the deer gives a single kick before it's down for a nap.

The one I remember most was when the arrow didn't pass all the way through and the deer wasn't able to shake it out. The arrow broke into about 6 different pieces inside of the rib cage putting little aluminum flakes all over it. Also broke nearly all bones inside the rib cage from the thrashing and completely destroyed the lungs, heart, and even the liver.
>>
>>34543396
Guns have superior stopping power and versatility that's why bow and arrow have been fazed out in everything besides hunting and target shooting. I like to bow hunt to keep prepared for a possible bug out situation/apocalypse scenario. I have my fire arms too but being able to kill with a bow is almost completely silent and easy to go undetected. Also reusable ammo. But I agree that a 30-06 is better to put down game.
>>
File: IMG_7978.jpg (154KB, 1037x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7978.jpg
154KB, 1037x691px
>>34543396
Bow + mag tip + .357 round = John rambo
>>
>>34543297
Literally any modern compound bow.

Fuck nigger, 2 minutes of google.
>>
File: Czm76T1XAAAu8uo.jpg (40KB, 371x474px) Image search: [Google]
Czm76T1XAAAu8uo.jpg
40KB, 371x474px
>>34543892
I'm sorry. Normalfags tend to have extremely warped perceptions of both lethality and audibility.

Thank you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.