[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would folding up pic related and putting it into a backpack and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: D7C_1618.jpg (111KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
D7C_1618.jpg
111KB, 600x399px
Would folding up pic related and putting it into a backpack and zipping it up be concealed carry?
>>
depends on if your state allows conceal carry of rifles and carbines and such. putting it in a bag would still be concealed carry, yes
>>
Why wouldn't it be?

Check your local and state ordnances before turning to 4chan for legal advice you stupid fucking cunt
>>
>>34541261
>>34541253
this. don't be retarded op
>>
>>34541177
>backpack and zipping it up be concealed carry
no. its a rifle. what state does conceal carry apply to rifles?
>>
>>34541177
In my state you can't technically conceal a long arm. So as long as it's over 16" there shouldn't be an issue.

Additionally one could argue that it isn't "readily accessible in it's stored state." Granted I know it's hardly an arduous task to unfold a sub 2k, but
>>
>>34541787
>Additionally one could argue
Especially if you keep a locked trigger guard on it.
>>
>>34541177
No, it is not concealed carry if it is in your bag zipped up. Absolutely not. Not even close. Your bag is a separate container, enclosed, and SEPERATE.

Poliece can lawfully ask you to look inside but you say no and they can't do shit unless you are being arrested for actually breaking the law.

If it was in your pants then yes you would be concealing it. In a backpack it is considered transporting. Not the same thing.

Don't EVER let cops search your bag, car, house, fanny pack, ect...

Simply state I do not consent to any searches and I refuse to contracting with you. Lawfully their hands are tied. If they persist you can start your fee schedule and put a lein on them for wasting your time.

If they break the law and search anyway the charges will be dropped. Considering it a given that you were not being detained and they had something concrete on you.
>>
>>34541872
>Bag Carry
That too, I forgot about it. Personal Defense experts will call you a clinical retard but it's certainly a workaround for a CCW.
>>
>>34541901
It's not ideal but it works
>>
>>34541901
It's okay to have an off-body-carry if you have an on-body-carry as well. dgaf what TTAG or James Yeager or any other "trainers" or "experts" bitch about, because they never think beyond some shrimpy woman carrying a .25ACP in the bottom of her purse when someone says the words "off body." The best damn part about the SUB-2000 is that it works with Glock, SIG, and Beretta mags in 9mm and .40, so you could share mags with a G26 or P229 or whatever.
>>
>>34541294
Any state that requires cc license for a deadly weapon. Bunch of places you are good to go without one but most you will need one
>>
>>34541177
Is it or any magazines for it loaded? If yes, then it would be concealed carry. If not, then you would arguably just be transporting the firearm and would be okay depending on where you are, laws, and your behavior.

Did you really need a thread to answer this?
>>
>>34542217
Many states are concealed handgun permits (CHP) or concealed handgun licenses (CHL).
>>
>>34542248
Good luck convincing cop/da it matters. You may win the argument in court but rifle will be rusting in evidence even after you get cleared and apply for its release and then there is the money spent defending yourself. For this one you could be "right" but it doesn't matter if you get the wrong attention
>>
>>34542394
That said places like Maine New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona off the top of my head don't require shit for you to carry anything except for one or two of them requiring disclosure of what you are carrying to police if stopped
>>
>>34541795
Would a padlock on the trigger count as a locked trigger guard?
>>
>>34541872
>Don't EVER let cops search your bag, car, house, fanny pack, ect...

Not without a warrant at least. If they push you on this, say there's something embarassing inside or something. Don't be overtly hostile without reason.
>>
File: 03587_1.jpg (6KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
03587_1.jpg
6KB, 223x223px
>>34542462
Not without an additional piece.

Need one of these gay things.
>>
>>34541177
No, it would be classified as "off-body carrying" or just transporting the firearm.

Additionally have you ever heard of a Concealed Rifle License?
>>
The way I look at it, if the Sub2k is folded and stowed away in a laptop or hydration pocket inside your bag, no one is ever going to know it's there. Unless your walking into sensitive, controlled areas (i.e. courthouse, federal building, etc) then no one is ever going to know it's there. The only time anyone would see it is if you had to bring it to bear. In such a case, I presume you would be using a handgun, carried on the body preferably, to stop a threat and break contact, while the Sub2k would only come out if you had to hunker down in say a Bataclan Theater attack scenario at a mall or something and you decided you needed that extra advantage over just having your pistol. Other than that, no one should know it's there. If people frequently carry bags in your locale, then you should not stick out enough to draw attention from law enforcement and prompt an attempt to search you.
>>
>>34542394
>>34542449
Go back and re-read my post you retard. I was making a case for the argument you presented, dipshit.
>>
>>34542506
NYC requires a license to own and transport rifles and shotguns. Not sure if you need one for each but would only mildly surprise me. But NY is weird in general as it is almost as hard to get a pistol permit as a cc
>>
it is only conceal carry if the weapon is easily accessible in a ready to use state.

a sub2k folded up in a bag would just be considered transporting.
>>
>>34542593
The fuck outta here autist. Best case one could say you were splitting hairs of ccw vs ccp and not providing supporting context
>>
When folded it qualifies as disassembled.
>>
>>34542660
*unless law enforcement is less than scrupulous and da is looking to earn gun ban points with commie elected officials
>>
>>34541872
>If they persist you can start your fee schedule and put a lein on them for wasting your time.
Elaborate on this witchcraft.
>>
>>34542642
>But NY is weird in general as it is almost as hard to get a pistol permit as a cc

Pistol permit and CC are the SAME permit here in NY. It says right on your permit "license to carry pistol is hereby granted"

Yes things are weird in NY and don't make sense. Some counties try to place restrictions on permits such as "for hunting and target only" But, our court has ruled they are only administrative in nature and you cannot get into legal trouble for carrying outside of your restrictions. The worst they can do is revoke your permit. So, it's been upheld in NY court - a pistol permit is a license to carry concealed.
>>
>>34542689
>>If they persist you can start your fee schedule and put a lein on them for wasting your time.Elaborate on this witchcraft

Sovereign citizen fag detected.
>>
>>34542642
>LoLlaws in Gun Control Capitals
I'm talking about realistic places gun owners would live, not some retarded Gulagville like Nu York, Chiraq, or Commiefornia
>>
>>34542782
No, just Jewish. Can you actually bill them, or...
>>
>>34542772
Did not know that last part (only lived here 5ish years) so will need to look into that more especially when I move to a less SAFE county
>>
>>34542811
Lot of people live outside the cities with guns and a lot of shitstain legal systems at local to city level in every state.
>>
>>34541872
>refuse to have your bag searched
>'okay well we are going to anyway.'
>WHAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>'yes as you're interfering with our jobs now because you are suspicious' or some bullshit

>they find folded assault baby killing rifle that accepts glock brand glock magazines which are superior high capacity
>'we don't know what he was doing, but he was definitely up to no good'
Sovereign citizens like you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>34542825
Not bill more press a valid civil rights abuse and settle for sheckles or get bullshit laws overturned/adjusted to be more constitutional
>>
>>34542934
Literally anything above orange county.
Central ny fag here, everyone still has a shit load of guns, pistol grips and 30 round mags.
>>
>>34542825
>>34542970
He forgot to mention the 200k in legal bills and three years of going in and out of court.
>but I'll win!
But you probably wont win.
>>
>>34542976
Albany I still see some of those but more outside county limits
>>
>>34542473
>If they push you on this, say there's something embarassing inside or something.

Holy Fuck never do this

What the fuck

"Haha cop the reason you're not allowed to come in is because there's something I don't want you to see, not because I know my rights haha"

Here's the rules:

Cop: Can we come in
You: Do you have a warrant?
Cop: We just want to look around
Cop: Some bullshit
Cop: Threatening bullshit
Cop: More bullshit

ARE YOU PICKING UP ON THE PATTERN HERE

Cops are legally allowed to lie to you. Cops can threaten you with impunity. Cops are allowed to enter your home WITHOUT your permission if they have probable cause.

If a cop is asking for permission, it means they've got nothing but they're hoping you don't know it. Make them come back with a warrant.
>>
>>34542984
Sadly this I am being very optimistic when I say valid civil rights violation andthat court cost of you mentioned is in no way outlandish
>>
>>34541177

No because it's not in a fireable configuration. Don't expect every police officer you encounter to understand this though. Which is to say, your ability to do this without getting arrested would vary on conditions (how/where you're carrying and what you're wearing) and whether or not you have a good lawyer. Some states also require it's case to be locked.
>>
>>34542985
By no means do I live in the country, but almost all of my suburban neighbors have firearms. For every one that doesnt, there is one that has a collection of 10+ what they don't show off.
>>
>>34542993
>well we have suspicious that you may be carrying illegal substances as you're denying us to do our job anon. So you will now be detained for your an our safety and we will just make sure you are not a threat to anyone.
>oh hey a firearm in your backpack.
>gee anon

Sovereign citizens are fucking so retarded...
>>
>>34543030
City dweller (by 213 feet) so full regs including needing a permit to do home repairs more involved than changing a lightbulb. Saving up to move to better
>>
>>34543047
Yeah warrant only really means anything when you are dealing with a locked trunk on your car and they cant search incident to arrest or fake/get a real drug dog hit
>>
>>34543047
Well then that would be probable cause, and it would already be legal for them to search. The situation anon wrote up is different than that.
>>
>>34543316
That is so fucking shitty. I'm so sorry
>>
>>34544613
The worst is permitless carry is an hour's drive away but the paid off house shitty laws or not does make it easier to save for better living conditions
>>
>>34544604
Depending on department it isn't hard to make up some bullshit to search a person or their bag. I happily support body cameras as it somewhat mitigates that nonsense while also reducing dindu outrage
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.