[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 19 vs Sig 226 >which is more durable? >which is more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: sig226.jpg (29KB, 400x251px) Image search: [Google]
sig226.jpg
29KB, 400x251px
Glock 19 vs Sig 226
>which is more durable?
>which is more reliable?
>which would you choose for SHTF is cost is not an issue? and what caliber?
>>
File: two 9ms.png (617KB, 693x388px) Image search: [Google]
two 9ms.png
617KB, 693x388px
>>34532120
I got both.
>>
>>34532128
I'm jelly. Which would you take with you in SHTF if you expect to see combat and can only take one?
>>
>>34532120
Glock. It's the most common handgun on earth.
Less parts. Sig has a 10lb trigger pull that's unacceptable
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>34532155
>Sig has a 10lb trigger pull that's unacceptable
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>34532155
do u even lift
>>
>>34532171
Probably referring to the double action trigger pull. Single action is 4.5 pounds. Sounds like someone who can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time if the double action is that big a deal to him.
>>
>which is more durable?
Glock
>which is more reliable?
Glock
>which would you choose for SHTF is cost is not an issue?
Sphinx 3000. Or glock if it's that or a sig.
and what caliber?
9mm
>>
>>34532120
The question is timmy as fuck but I'll bite:

I don't have a pic but I own 2 P226's and 2 Glock 19's
>stamped German P226
>Pre Cohen trade-in P226R

>2 Gen 4 G19's one I use for training

I would pick the Glock 19, everytime. There's very little practical advantages of a P226 compared to a Glock 19. I can conceal the Glock 19 everyday, it is smaller more lightweight and can shoot it just as well as my 226. The extra weight and bulk of the P226 doesn't warrant the trouble of having to carry it everyday.

The fact that you can detail strip and maintain a Glock without any sort of extensive armory tools make it a huge plus in your "SHTF" fantasies, you can get to the smallest part in your Glock without having to whack the fuck out of an assload of rollpins, something that cannot be said about Sigs.

They both have extensively proven track records in both military and law enforcement, I would have no qualms being issued a P226 or Glock 17/19.
>>34532171
He meant to say that he sucks ass at shooting and cannot manage a double action trigger pull. 10lb DA is fucking nothing. Nothing. Even that, Sigs have very good double action trigger pulls stock.
>>
>>34532120
I've got both and I like everything about the 226 more than the 19. Can't say much for durability because I don't beat the shit out of my guns.
>>
File: git glock.jpg (86KB, 640x578px) Image search: [Google]
git glock.jpg
86KB, 640x578px
>>34532120
>which is more durable?
Glock.
>which is more reliable?
Glock.
>which would you choose for SHTF is cost is not an issue? and what caliber?
Glock, 9mm.

Also, Glocks are more rust resistant than stainless steel Sigs. Let that sink in for a while.
>>
File: IMG-1637.jpg (364KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-1637.jpg
364KB, 3264x2448px
>>34532120
Got 'em both. Durability wise, the Sig is overbuilt to take ammo and a pounding, but my Glock has the same problem: just werks.

Both have never misfired save for shit ammo.

SHTF? Probably the Glock simply for the weight. I spent the dosh for both because both shoot great, but if it's a serious thing, I'd have to consider weight, and all other things equal, that's top priority if I'm running with a full load including an AR15 or AK.
>>
>>34532138
I'd take the 226 cause if I die I'm gonna have a nice gun on me.
>>
File: watermark_1.php.jpg (401KB, 3200x2180px) Image search: [Google]
watermark_1.php.jpg
401KB, 3200x2180px
>>34532210
>10lb DA is fucking nothing

you will not say shit like that once you've tuned your MR73 trigger to 2.5lbs... and yes, it would be perfectly safe to carry too.
>>
Why do people say Glock 19 is better for SHTF than Glock 17? Is it solely because it's smaller, lighter, more concealable? Or is it easier to find replacement parts for?
Which is easier to find replacement parts for, Glock 17 or Glock 19?
And how about the 21? I understand it's a different caliber, but will replacement parts be as commonly available for the 21 as for the 17 and 19?
Will they all be equally durable?
>>
>>34532253
>tripfags
>>
File: 1487850746118.jpg (103KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
1487850746118.jpg
103KB, 661x496px
>>34532259
>Why do people say Glock 19 is better for SHTF than Glock 17?

dunno. G26 would be my goto for SHTF because I can drop it into my boot. for everything else, I'd have my rifle at low ready at all times. SHTF=war and handguns are of limited use in wartime.
>>
>>34532259
>Why do people say Glock 19 is better for SHTF than Glock 17? Is it solely because it's smaller, lighter, more concealable?

Yes to all. Also there's hardly aNY difference ballistically between 9mm shot out of either barrel length. This is why the recent glock mhs submission had a g19 sized slide/barrel.

Glock 19 is the most common glock sold, but don't base your purchase decision for a shtf gun over commonality like you'll just "find" handgun parts lying around like fallout. If you're worried about spare parts, buy some beforehand, no matter which gun you decide on.
>>
>>34532304
>not dropping a G17L/G34 barrel into a G26 for that maximum modern Luger feel
>>
>>34532279
>SHTF=war
No, you retard, it means collapse of civilization, not open battlefields with soldiers shooting at each other. Sure, there would be insurgencies in towns but most parts of the territory would go by just fine, just without the modern "commodities".

In a deteriorated society gone WROL, all handguns should be 9mm pistols, all pistols should be Glocks and all Glocks should be Glocks 19.
>>
>>34532259
>Why do people say Glock 19 is better for SHTF than Glock 17? Is it solely because it's smaller, lighter, more concealable? Or is it easier to find replacement parts for?
Yes and also yes.
>Which is easier to find replacement parts for, Glock 17 or Glock 19?
19, but most are interchangeable. The biggest difference is you can't use G19 mags in a G17, but you can do the vice versa.
>And how about the 21? I understand it's a different caliber, but will replacement parts be as commonly available for the 21 as for the 17 and 19?
No. You now have even less interchangeable parts with the most common handgun in the world and will have a harder time finding ammo.
>Will they all be equally durable?
Yes, but the G21 will wear down first if you use full power fuddy five AARP loads. That's one of the few times raw energy matters. It has to go somewhere.
>>
>>34532304
>If you're worried about spare parts, buy some beforehand, no matter which gun you decide on.

having supplies stored is a given but when you're on the move, you can't bring the sink. you have to focus on water, ammo, a reliable primary, comms if you have friends and maybe a secondary weapons.
>>
>>34532319
>In a deteriorated society gone WROL, all handguns should be 9mm pistols, all pistols should be Glocks and all Glocks should be Glocks 19.
lol
>>
>>34532304
>>34532351
Do you guys (and anyone else who wants to add input) keep any spare parts for your guns in your bug out bag? And if so, what parts? For your rifle, your pistol, or both?
>>
>>34532319
>No, you retard, it means collapse of civilization, not open battlefields with soldiers shooting at each other.

collapse of civilization means war. look at recent history and current conflicts you "retard". "that's a nice AR, nice wife and nice stash of antibiotics you have there stranger - it would be a shame if something happened to them...."

>Sure, there would be insurgencies in towns but most parts of the territory would go by just fine, just without the modern "commodities".

pfft. keep dreaming. you'll be fine until the remnants of the ARMY/national guard run out of supplies and start moving out, looking for stuff - armed to the teeth with humvees and M2s...

>In a deteriorated society gone WROL, all handguns should be 9mm pistols, all pistols should be Glocks and all Glocks should be Glocks 19.

Ok James Yaeger, the nearest ditch is right over there.
>>
>>34532380
Springs for both. Springs are always the first to go.
>>
>>34532366
Good luck finding your special snowflake caliber.
Good luck maintaining, finding parts and ammo for your fuddy five steel framed gun.

For one good steel framed handgun, you can buy two Glock 19.
And two is one, one is none.

>>34532384
You have no example of such cases, stop daydreaming and fantasizing about hollywood scenarios you retard.
>>
>>34532384
>"that's a nice AR, nice wife and nice stash of antibiotics you have there stranger - it would be a shame if something happened to them...."
>using an AR for SHTF
>not an AK
>>
>>34532400
If two is one and one is none, then two is none. So why bother with any guns?
>>
>>34532380
>Do you guys (and anyone else who wants to add input) keep any spare parts for your guns in your bug out bag? And if so, what parts? For your rifle, your pistol, or both?

I have 3 groups of mags. #1 is mags in storage for rainy days (Shtf), unloaded. I don't mess with those. #2 is mags for use, loaded and ready to go. #3 is mags for training, they get tossed around, scratched up, wet, muddy etc.

That's the "important spare" parts imo. For my two Glock 26 for edc, I have 3 sets of all the internals ready. Sold my G19 because I have no need for it.
>>
>>34532414
>MUH AK NEVA JAMS AND NEVA BREAKS
>ARS ARE JAMOMATIC JUST ASK MY GRANDPA HE WAS A SPECIAL MARINE OPS CORPS IN WORLD WAR VIETNAM
Parts and ammo availability beats fuddlore every day. Good luck getting imports after the total collapse of society. I wouldn't bet on Red Dawn happening as a primary source of parts and ammo if you lose access to your stockpile.
>>
File: obamas son in lybia bein freed.jpg (164KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
obamas son in lybia bein freed.jpg
164KB, 1200x800px
>>34532400
>You have no example of such cases, stop daydreaming and fantasizing about hollywood scenarios you retard.

I have plenty examples, most recently Lybia and Syria. if you don't belong to a group and are well known (so you're own people don't kill you by "accident") you're shit outta luck if a rival group gets ahold of you.
>>
>>34532414
>not an AK

quality ARs are much more common in the US than quality AKs. so hedge your bets appropriately. also, in SHTF, as a one man army, I want a sub 1MOA guns that helps me make every single round count because I can't carry 20k of them. what I want for shtf is a maximum accuracy gun with minimal weight. ARs can be made to fit that bill these days the best.
>>
>>34532472
>I wouldn't bet on Red Dawn happening
New SHTFantasy acquired.
>tfw you will never defend what remains of your shattered homeland from commies
>>
>>34532533
>tfw you will never defend what remains of your shattered homeland from commies

The acceptance of Bernie, the rise of ANTIFA and what's happening on college campuses says America has become the commie.
>>
File: 350.png (114KB, 425x225px) Image search: [Google]
350.png
114KB, 425x225px
>>34532551
A domestic commie is fine too.
>>
>>34532269
Oh shut the fuck up. Both are gonna be fine. I'll take the glock 19 if it will make your ads chap less.
>>
Not to start trouble, but what about something like a CZ SP-01? Been thinking about getting one for a while now.
>>
>>34532380
No, since the concept of "bugging out" i.e. putting a bunch of camping gear and weapons together and livimg outside, is retarded and asking for trouble. I have spare springs and a different barrel at my house. If it burns down or gets fucked somehow, I have a smaller cottage in the woods several hours away.
>>
>>34532120
Glock would be best for SHTF just because it's so common and you can find spare parts for it and after market accessories and mags. Sig is a better gun though.
Preferably id want a striker fired stainless steel formed pistol with a manual safety of SHTF from technical specs.
>>
>>34532255
There is no way the DA pull is 2.5 lbs.
>>
File: amazing_space.gif (133KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
amazing_space.gif
133KB, 497x501px
>>34532495
Is that...a Beretta PX4?
>>
Sig because that's the one I'm used to, I like it more, and I can't field strip a Glock to save my life.
Fuck you Gaston for putting your tiny little shits I can't catch.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.