[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy my first gun. But I tried to an hero while enlisted.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1499505544521.jpg (656KB, 1372x4872px) Image search: [Google]
1499505544521.jpg
656KB, 1372x4872px
I want to buy my first gun. But I tried to an hero while enlisted. I stayed in the mental health floor of a hospital for three days after that and was given no medication or further treatment. It was in a military hospital. That was several years ago and I've had no issues since.

Am I going to have any problems buying a gun?

Is there anywhere I can find exactly what is meant on the form that has to be filled out when buying a firearm?

Also I already own one gun that I was given when I was a kid, where does that stand legally if I can't buy?

It's going to be a G3 for shitposting purposes.
>>
>>34530747
HAHA BOY ARE YOU FUCKED
>>
>>34530747
just go to a gun show
>>
>>34530747
3 really simple questions

Have you ever been deemed mentally insufficient by a doctor/court?

Have you ever been admitted to a mental institution?

>Meaning, was it out of your control to go there after you tried to an hero. I'm assuming yes.

And have you ever been dishonorably discharged from the military?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, you cannot buy a gun legally from an FFL, and a private seller would be breaking the law selling a gun to you.
>>
>>34530815
Good idea. Just tell them I can't buy at an FFL and ask for a G3 or should I just wear sunglasses and push them some cash and hope they give me something good?
>>
>>34530838
Can rights really be taken away so easily though?

I was a bullied and depressed kid who thought the military would change that and fix me and I ended up even more bullied and depressed. Is there anything at all I can do?
>>
>>34530842
just buy what you want and dont tell them anything
>>
>>34530747
This seems like the right place to ask this question so I will. About four months ago I had a breakdown, and on my own accord went to a psychiatric ward for evaluation, the staff was so horribly incompetent I don't actually know if they filed any paper work on me, because when I went for out patient treatment there didn't appear to be any record of me going to the hospital. Anyways what I'm trying to ask is, in NY state, can I own a gun after I voluntarily go for 72 hour mental observation
>>
>>34530859
Well question, I'm horribly depressed right now and I was actually going to do the same thing.

How did shit get better for you?

And yes, rights can be taken away that easily.
>>
>>34530873
Yes unless NY has another form you have to worry about besides the 4473.
>>
>>34530876
Depends. What do you think of the most? Make a list if you need to, or just tell a little about yourself. What worked for me isn't going to help you, but maybe I can give you a suggestion. Trying to follow others and "this one simple trick" bullshit is useless, not just with depression but most things. You have to figure out where you are and what you're going to do about it.
>>
>>34530747
Just
fukn

Just go in there and say you want to buy a gun

Don't say "lol im depressed sell me a suicide stick"

Just "Hi I'm here to pick up a gun, do you have an [x gun] or can you get one?"

Then they ask you some questions to run a check.

Answer those honestly.

He'll tell you if you're not allowed to buy the gun and then you won't have to sit on a nippongang clay figure board wondering.
>>
>>34530747
was it a COURT ORDERED mental health stay?

if not, then no you are fine, just don't hero yourself accidently
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.