[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OSHA safety meeting at my work said that an obsession with guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 800px-Red_Scorpion_RPK_1.jpg (174KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Red_Scorpion_RPK_1.jpg
174KB, 800x450px
OSHA safety meeting at my work said that an obsession with guns is a flag for a possible attacker.

But I've heard gun owners commit less crime?

>pic related, how my co-workers probably expect to see me tomorrow.
>>
>>34524846
Don't talk about guns at work dipshit.
>>
>an obsession with guns is a flag for a possible attacker
Genitalia are a flag for a possible rapist.
>>
>>34524883
My brother worked there before me and had spilled the beans on my behalf.
>>
>>34524846
it's just more meaningless bullshit pushed by the left. everything they approve of is okay to talk about (and if you don't talk about it, you're mentally ill), and everything they don't approve of is not open for discussion (and if you talk about it, you're mentally ill).

they did the same thing in the soviet union. if anyone comes to your workplace to shoot it up, just let the shooter kill a few of your coworkers before you use your CC. or better yet, do nothing until he poses a direct threat to you, and run if possible.
>>
>>34524846
Both are true. Most mass shooters are going to have a high interest in violence, this is pretty fucking obvious. At the same time being a CCW holder is an inherently lawful act, signaling an affinity for NOT breaking laws.
>>
'Obsession with guns' is such a nebulous phrase as to be worthless. What the fuck qualifies you as being 'obsessed'? Pretty much every rampage shooter and their punk brother has displayed some fetishistic obsession with violence prior to carrying out a shooting. (See: Columbine, Sandy Hook) However, the obsession with firearms is entirely up in the air. Hell, most of these faggots had never even held a weapon prior to deciding they wanted to go postal.

>>34525099
Dubs of truth. If you were going to sneak a gun into your place of work to murder Chad Thundercock and Stacy Roastie because they made fun of you at the watercooler, letting the authorities know 'I HAVE A GUN/MULTIPLE GUNS' and 'I CARRY MY GUN WITH ME IN A NONOBVIOUS FASHION' are pretty fucking counter productive.

tl;dr OSHA are faggaloons.
>>
>>34524846
>>34524883

I don't know where you guys work, but where I work EVERYONE loves guns and talks about guns.

I work in a random industrial manufacturing plant in a rural area. We're owned by a big lame corporation so guns are technically not allowed inside, but probably 3/4 of the cars in the parking lot have at least one gun.
>>
File: 10981561.png (164KB, 406x305px) Image search: [Google]
10981561.png
164KB, 406x305px
>>34525687
No Foolin?
My work sounds just like yours.
I work with a few dozen rural gun owners that haven't mastered trigger control on water hose, let alone something that's dangerous.
And none of them have the good sense to SHUT THE FUCK UP.
>>
>>34526119

I work in the office (engineer). I can't attest to the gun safety knowledge of our dozens of redneck machinists.

Mostly good people tho.
>>
>it's another "coworker jokingly asks me to spare him when I shoot up the place" episode
>>
>>34524846
>OSHA safety meeting at my work said that an obsession with guns is a flag for a possible attacker.

Untrue museum curators don't go on killing sprees and neither do genuine firearms collectors. decent income, hobbyist types.. ssri use is the one I'd watch esp withdrawal or major relationship problems or the one who gets bullied and is smart
>>
File: Banned vs Legal.jpg (76KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Banned vs Legal.jpg
76KB, 750x750px
>>34524846
>>
CCW permit holders are more law-abiding then police officers. Not sure about gun owners in general.
>>
I work in electrical construction so I can ramble about guns all day long and nobody gives 2 shits.

The superintendent of a general contractor we work with came up to me one day and asked if I wanted to buy his antique Franchi double barrel, but it was a Damascus steel one and he wanted like 2k so I politely declined, saying I was more interested in functional milsurp instead.
>>
>>34524846

Luckily most of my coworkers don't mind, or own guns. At any given time there's at least 6 in my shop. My foreman has an FFL and sell guns to employees. I consider myself lucky

But one time there was this huge faggot. He's walking in as I'm walking out mid afternoon, made a joke about leaving early. I said "nah I'll be right back, just picking up my new gun from the FFL before he closes". He gave me a look like he just smelled a nigger dick in July and goes "Oh. Well let me know what day not to show up" with this shitty California sarcasm voice.

He doesn't work there anymore and I'm glad
>>
>>34526409
>one is a developed white country
>the other is a backwards brown shithole
Hmmmm
>>
>>34524846
If you paid any attention to the rest of the briefing you'd know that they also consider a complete lock of interest in guns as a flag for a possible attacker.

And also to never say anything not 100% directly related to the job to anyone, because it will always be workplace harassment.
>>
>>34524883
How about don't be a pussy. No you shouldn't go on about politics or be pushy with opinions but I don't know how many times I've met people at work and they ask what my hobbies are. I list 2 or 3 and target shooting is included in that list. The same way if people out and about ask, I'm not afraid to admit liking Donald Trump. Fuck being a pussy who is silenced with shame by liberal fascists.

Yeah, it may cost me down the line but what are we doing if we refuse to be honest in our ideals? Just be polite about it.
>>
>OSHA
>>
>>34527974
How the fuck you going to tell me what was in a briefing you weren't part of?

That most certainly was not a point.
>>
>But I've heard gun owners commit less crime?
Most gun owners aren't obsessed though.
>>
>>34524846
>obsession with guns
>gun owners

Two phrases that are not the same and do not mean the same.
>>
>>34524846
Kek. I work in the petroleum and natural gas industry and we have cook out/ trap shooting events CONSTANTLY when the weather is good. They usually give out 7 or 8 high quality shotguns in raffles at these events as well.

Also, my job before that, my boss during an interview for a better position asked me if I think DI or Piston is best for AR's and why (I shit you not)

>feels good man
>>
>>34526409
Stop posting this, its wrong. You can own guns in Honduras, every time I see this posted makes you look ignorant. Stay on the facts
>>
>>34524846
>OSHA

Yeah one of those "according to my book, you're doing your job wrong" types.
>>
>>34524900
Tell them your brother is clinically retarded and or has a brain injury.
>>
>>34527885
>The relationship between race, heritable IQ, and patterns of criminality

Yeah, even most gun-owning conservatives are afraid or unwilling to broach **THAT** topic...
>>
>>34524893
and vagina's a are flag for a prostitute
>>
>>34524883
I work at a tech company with a bunch of hipsters and I openly talk about guns on the reg. I have about 7 coworkers lined up and excited for future range trips that I almost don't even have time for! Never got any odd looks or talks from HR about it. I've even suggested range outings for my department as a team building exercise and it was half considered. Then again, it helps that we're in Pennsylvania.
>>
>>34531208
Me too! Where you at Anon?
>>34530993
>>
>>34531251
Central Bucks Co.
>>
>>34524846
Document everything said about you then sue everyone to oblivion
>>
>>34531270
I used to live in Bucks County but Im out by pittsburgh now after working in Altoona after I graduated PSU.
>>
>>34525493
I'd say I know plenty are obsessed in the collection and use of firearms which I would say is safe. They obviously have interest in it for the right reasons. But then there's people who obsess over how guns can kill and what bullets would be the worst to be shot with etc. I think that's when it's a red flag, when someone puts the topic of guns being used in violent ways as part of their obsessive talk.
>>
>>34524900
I did OSHA work. You are full of shit on so many levels.

You cant discuss mental health issues in a public forum. There is a whole slew of HR bullshit nightmares you just said.

In the off chance you are not fabricating this story, go get a lawyer, and sue the company...then buy a full auto gun.
>>
>>34525493
>Pretty much every rampage shooter and their punk brother has displayed some fetishistic obsession with violence prior to carrying out a shooting. (See: Columbine, Sandy Hook)
so does the overwhelming majority of the populace that regularly watch contact sports, plays video games, or watches action movies/series.

>>34531093
because it makes you a nazi in the eyes of marxist retards who want to simultaneously pretend everyone is the same and different.

>>34531021
like most inspectors they're a mixed bag. you get those who read the manual and can pass a test and you get those who know the work and the book.

>>34531480
it is kind of their ultimate purpose. not to suggest that never fulfilling that purpose is in any way unfortunate.

>>34532890
you're retarded enough to be an inspector, that's for sure.
>dipshit brother talks about how his brother loves guns, won't shut up about them
>said brother gets job there
>obnoxious active shooter education takes place (never heard of osha mandating active shooter education but it doesn't sound like a stretch at face value)
>brother gets a strange room
what does this have to do with mental health, hipa, or any other hr nonsense, or are you implying gun ownership is mental illness (worth noting that it did not prevent anon from getting the job)?
>>
>>34532949
>>34532890
Fuckspear, you cant read between the lines,so you might already be too far gone. Let me spell it out for you.

People cant simply make accusations about an individual based on their lifestyle preference, no matter how liberal of a shithole you work in. They cant level accusations of future actions against you, because its discriminatory. To be a mass shooter is to have a mental health issue, so flagging you as a potential problem is already discriminatory. You Fucking Goober.

Furthermore its not about gun ownership, its about again, the implications of you and your own mental stability. Good luck, do your research, or keep getting shit on in a passive aggressive way.
>>
>>34524846
That kind of sounds like you made it up.
>>
>>34524846
Did they mention people who are on anti-depressant and/or personality medication as a possible identifier? Probably not even though this is the common denominator in almost all spree shooters.
>>
>>34527885
racist
>>
>>34524909
It's really not. An "obsession" with guns (or the military, or leos, or death, or torture, etc.) can be a pretty good indicator of instability. The problem is that most people are just fucking retarded and don't bother differentiating between a normal, healthy interest and has-his-own-personal-shrine-and-weighs-all-of-his-excreta obsession.
>>
File: IMG_8092.jpg (12KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8092.jpg
12KB, 317x267px
>>34525687
>3/4 of your coworkers have truck guns
>>
File: 1496973310745.jpg (63KB, 515x420px) Image search: [Google]
1496973310745.jpg
63KB, 515x420px
>>34533024
there has been no mention of a formal accusation but even then, yes, they can and will discriminate against you discretely if they don't think the law is on their side.
>They cant level accusations of future actions against you, because its discriminatory
discrimination is the basis of western society at every level and western justice has been constantly perverted to level potential future actions against individuals for the past 40 years at least. fuckspear.
in any case, i made no such statements in my post.
i live in a liberal shithole and i have problem telling people i target shoot when i'm asked about my hobbies despite the fact that my coworkers probably think i'm a weirdo.
>>
>>34525687
Sometimes, the last co-workers I'd ever imagine to be gun enthusiasts are. Like my the Jewish engineering professor who made a 5 figure donation to Obama's 2008 campaign. He was real into handguns for home defense. Maybe he was from a rougher part of Chicago than I thought?
>>
I work at the local transit authority.
About 50% of our employees are black.

I haven't met one anti yet where I work. The majority are ccw holders.

It must suck to be OP!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.