[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SIG vs. Glock Argument Thread I've owned a Glock 19 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: sig_p320c.jpg (8KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
sig_p320c.jpg
8KB, 320x288px
SIG vs. Glock Argument Thread

I've owned a Glock 19 for several years, have carried it on the job for just as long, have fired several thousands of rounds through it (thankfully paid for by tax dollars) and have been through many drills and pistol courses with it.

I've replaced it with a Sig P320 Compact and have been training with and carrying it for almost a year now. Compared to the G19, it feels much more solid. In fact, everything about it makes the Glock feel like a mediocre firearm. Yes, it is a conversion slide and there exists a plate which previously allowed a hammer to be there. It's a feature which makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. The difference in the bore axis is negligible. If you have sound fundamentals, it makes no difference. The magazines are MUCH nicer, they aren't ugly, and sit flush with the bottom of the grip. There aren't any fucking finger grooves which make shooting difficult for people with large hands like me. Those little grooves on the front of the slide make press-checking much easier. It's vastly easier to clean than a glock, because you can take out the entire firing mechanism.

The one gripe I've got about it is that the finish isn't that great compared to whatever Glock does with theirs. This can be completely negated with cerakote, however. Then again, if you're using the gun for its intended purpose as a tool and not some fucking ornament, a little wear and tear adds character. Look at any old Colt 1911 and tell me that an even patina doesn't add value.
>>
The glock preformed better on the military trials
Sig is still a good handgun but only won due to backroom bribery like everything the government is involved in

/thread
>>
>>34519301
[citation needed]
>>
My only problem with the P320 is that the slide is needlessly tall, and I don't really care about that from a bore axis standpoint, but it adds physical size to the gun and makes the P320 Compact that much less practical to carry. The whole point was for it to replace the Glock 19, but why would I replace my perfectly good Glock 19 with something that holds the same capacity of ammo and is that much bigger?
>>
>>34519340
>much less practical to carry
Are you rail-thin or something? The difference isn't noticeable. I've concealed both and they feel exactly the same.
>>
>>34519370
It's also heavier and the grip frame is like sandpaper on my side. Yes, I have carried both, and I sold the P320 and went back to the Glock.
>>
glocks rattle a bunch once you break them in
>>
>>34519340
Exactly. Length is always less of a problem than height and width. On those two points it is fairly difficult to beat Glock. The SIG is 5.3" high, the Glock is 4.99". The SIG is 1.4" wide, the Glock is 1.18". The SIG has a 3.99" barrel, the Glock has a 4.01 barrel (but the gun is a tad longer). Then, the Glock is also a tad lighter.
>>
>>34519398
>The SIG is 1.4" wide, the Glock is 1.18".
Eh... I don't have a P320 in front of me to compare, but I'm pretty sure they were about the same width with the Glocks. The 1.4" number sounds wrong, maybe measured from the fat take-down lever (which I believe has been replaced on new models with a low-profile lever, but I doubt the specs would be updated on Sig's website to reflect that).
>>
>>34519395
So?
>>
>>34519301
the glock didn't perform better the trial report basically said sig won because glock ergonomics were shit and it was overpriced
>>
File: Capture.png (179KB, 664x522px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
179KB, 664x522px
>>34519528
forgot pic and link

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/685461.pdf
>>
>>34519268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGI2H0EjDTw
>>
This "thread" was made to attract tin foil hat losers like the one below

>>34519301

nice work OP fucking faggot
>>
File: glock fanbois.jpg (80KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
glock fanbois.jpg
80KB, 1000x618px
>>34519301
>"/thread" on your own comment

the low IQ glock fanbois are out in full force
>>
>>34519268
Two large corporations bidding for possibly the worst job on the planet. It's a lot like an internet argument.
>>
File: bait desu ka.jpg (17KB, 296x437px) Image search: [Google]
bait desu ka.jpg
17KB, 296x437px
>>34519301
the MHS program has no evidence of this, they performed equally.

2/10 glock shill
>>
The P320 has replaced my Glocks as I can no longer stand the glock hump. I hope they take a derivative of the X5 grips and make full size, compact, and subcompact versions of them. I don't need the flared magwell but would like to be able to grip the gun higher up on the beavertail.
>>
>>34519301
>>34519268

Testing wasn't complete but Sig's price was lower and they took it. They dun goofed

https://youtu.be/dGI2H0EjDTw
>>
>>34519268
>Press Check
I've been shooting and carrying firearms for years, and I can't think of one instance where I would ever need to press check to see if there is a round in the pipe. If it's on my person it should ALWAYS have a round in the pipe, I've cleared it if otherwise.
>>
I have a Glock 19 and an Sp2022. I find the grip on the Sp2022 slightly better but for carry I prefer the Glock.
>>
This is why I like Ruger.....If you run out of rounds, you can club the baddie, and not worry about ruining the finish!
>>
I like Sig's, but not a Glock fan.....To each their own! All I care about is that we all have them, and can use them! Carry on!
>>
>>34519301
No, the sig actually performed better, and was cheaper, now glock might have to start innovating.
>>
>>34519398
Those numbers are wrong
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.