[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question. If you like to go hunting but hate ticks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1499267997117.png (222KB, 530x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499267997117.png
222KB, 530x500px
I have a question.

If you like to go hunting but hate ticks then why not go during winter? There is snow on the grown and alot of vegetation is cut down alot so it's easier to spot a deer, far less active predators to deal with, get to wear warm clothing and not have to worry about ticks so again why not just go during winter time?
>>
>>34518471
>ground

Stupid fucking auto correct
>>
>>34518471
Someone please post more of cute anime cat/fox babies
>>
>>34518471
Fuck you for making me save that picture
>>
>>34518471
Better to go in the late fall after it's cold enough that the fuckers stay in their holes but not so cold it's snowing.

Hunting in actual winter with actual snow is more work because it requires clothing and hydration management, or absolutely mind numbing amounts of layers if you're sitting in a stand or especially on top of a hill where the wind blows. The snow can also complicate the retrieval of larger game if you are relying on a vehicle for such.

But mostly it isn't necessarily legal to hunt in the winter in all places, so that would be the primary reason not to do so

If you really hate ticks that much then it's fairly easy to avoid them, just wear long sleeves and tuck your shit into your pants and your pants into your boots. Dab a little bug repellent around any likely entry points, and you're golden
>>
>>34518471
>why not go during winter
>implying I hunt at any other time

doggo still found a way to get ticks
>>
>>34518471
Deer season is winter. Where do you live?
>>
Because it's cold also just wear pants you retart
>>
>>34518536
This, fuck the cold, if you prepare a little bugs will never be an issue
>>
>>34518471
>implying we have more than like a week of winter in Texas
>>
File: Permethrin.jpg (91KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Permethrin.jpg
91KB, 1024x1024px
>>34518471
>>34518536
I've found that permethrin is amazingly effective against ticks, you spray the shit on your clothes and socks and it kills ticks when they walk on them and it lasts through several washes, I've been using it while clearing brush in Virginia and have yet to find a tick on me, (dead ticks seem to get stuck in your socks however), it would work great for archery deer hunting since the season overlaps with ticks.

For those concerned about wearing a pesticide, The stuff has been around since the 60s and no harmful effects have been found on humans however it is moderately toxic on cats and fish, but once it's dry it's not an issue
>>
>>34522115
Why hasn't it replaced deet if it's so amazing?
>>
>>34523089
It doesn't do anything for insects that attack bare skin,(mosquitoes/flys/ect), it only works where the insects come into contact with treated clothing, if you wear short sleeves and shorts it'll keep ticks off of you but mosquitoes are still an issue, plus the idea of spraying some chemical on your clothes is unpalatable to some.
>>
>>34524704
I see, thanks.
>>
>>34518471
>>34522074
Stop posting anime.
>>
>>34518471
because you can only hunt when the season is open, dumb shit.

taking game out of season is poaching and poachers, like thieves, are a lower form of life.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.