[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VZ 58's are better than AK's >lighter >more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

File: image.png (156KB, 890x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156KB, 890x593px
VZ 58's are better than AK's

>lighter
>more robust
>not made from thin sheet metal
>Superior gas system
>Superior accuracy
>Simple to set up a site rail
>Trigger not mushy
>Grip is ergonomic
>Aftermarket is just as good.
>>
>the entire top of the gun opens
>>
>>34517862
And?
>>
>>34517829
The aftermarket is nowhere near as fucking good and it takes expensive proprietary magazines.
>>
>>34517829
Proprietary parts for a AK knock off.
Great idea you fucking leaf.
>>
>>34517829
the lower handguards heat up damn fast as some don't have a heat shield in them. (could just be the vz2008 I shot)
>>
Cool story, bro
>>
>>34517829
>more robust
No.
They're exactly the fuckin same.
One's just more of a pain to field strip.
>sheet metal stamping dare a problem
Fuck no.
>superior gas system
As someone obsessed with surplus DI guns, and someone who's head over heels for the Hakim and the AG-42, no.
It's only superior when coupled with a round that can effectively take advantage of the superior HARMONICS.
Otherwise, it's irrelevant, almost to the point of outright mediocrity.
>superior accuracy
See above.
>simple sight rail.
Ahem.
Repeat after me.
NYET. RIFLE IS FINE.
Now, go sit in a corner and repeat "my rifle is irrelevant and has little to no aftermarket outside of Canada" until you have learnt your lesson.
>trigger not mushy
Use something besides a crapco trigger in your AK.
It's long, it one thing it is not is mushy.
>grip is ergonomic
While I actually agree, I would like to point out that that's subjective.
>aftermarket's just as good
If you're in Canada.
>>
>>34517909
Okay so this wasn't just my experience. I've only shot mine once and I thought I was just being a bitch
>>
>>34517914
What the fuck are gas system harmonics? You sound really autistic right now bro
>>
File: 1411416402325.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1411416402325.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>34517829
Have fun finding spare parts after shtf faggot.
>>
>>34517829
Maybe than AKM but AK74 beats VZ 58 in everything
>>
>>34519549
It boggles my mind that nobody's made a 5.45 and 7x39 VZ that can take the AK mags.
>>
File: trolled-softly.jpg (32KB, 360x507px) Image search: [Google]
trolled-softly.jpg
32KB, 360x507px
>>34519574
the whole point of this rifle even existing is that it didn't have interchangeable AK parts, just to spite the soviets during their occupation of Czechoslovakia
>>
>>34519613
That's terribly passive aggressive.
>>
>>34517914
VZ58's use short stroke pistons, not DGI.
>>
>>34519613
T'is the Czech way. Half-Czech myself so I see where it comes from
>>
File: barrel harmonics.jpg (37KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
barrel harmonics.jpg
37KB, 640x359px
>>34519519
Not him, but it's technically not possible to fully free-float gas operated guns. Barrels vibrate very rapidly when shot and the harmonics of the barrel will be affected by any points of contact with any other component. This is one of the main reasons that bolt-action rifles are easier to make very accurate/precise.
>>
>>34519655
>>34519630
Czechs have a long standing arms industry, I think its more of a pride thing

Also the type 81 is better ;^))
>>
>>34517862
>oh no this gun is prone to malfunctions in a landslide environment!
>>
File: 1243263738.jpg (214KB, 1136x851px) Image search: [Google]
1243263738.jpg
214KB, 1136x851px
not to mention short vz's look better than short ak's
>>
>>34517829

What? As someone who used AKM, I find your statement is bullshit. Literally, there is nothing wrong with AKM or any other AK rifle
>>
>>34519613

fuckin` chechs, why they didn`t appreciate soviets liberating them from nazis? fucking faggots, i swear....
>>
>>34517829
>lighter
Yes
>more robust
Absolutely no
Plays no role in reliability or durability of firearm, but if you believe it, get a milled AK
>Superior gas system
No
>Superior accuracy
No
Most AKs already have the rail for mounting optics
>Trigger not mushy
No
>Grip is ergonomic
It isn't
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Enjoy you Jewish accessories, faggetti!
>>
>>34517829
Some how they managed to make it uglier than an AK.
>>
>>34519613
Yeah they made it ten years prior ti the ocupation to spite the soviets even more
>>
File: battlefield vegas 1 month.jpg (215KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
battlefield vegas 1 month.jpg
215KB, 600x800px
>>34519810
>>Grip is ergonomic
>It isn't
I don't think much about the grip, but damn that fixed stock is money.

>>not made from thin sheet metal
>Plays no role in reliability or durability of firearm
It does (at least for AKs), but not at a level that most of us would ever have to deal with. Pic related is one month of shooting, according to him around 80% of that was shot through AKs

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/159106_AK_abuse__home_built_version_update_on_Page_6_.html&page=1

>The one thing I can say about the AK's is that they hold up MUCH BETTER than the RPD's. I thought for sure that RPD's would last so much longer because of the milled receivers but the receivers only last about half the life (if that) of a Romanian WASR.
>- Every single stamped receiver has suffered from a cracked trunion. This includes Saiga, Arsenal (Bulgarian), Norinco (Chinese), Arsenal (Russian stamped), WASR, Hungarian, Polish (vintage kits), Yugo (vintage and PAP-series) and new Polish (from Royal Tiger imports).
>- US (Century), Bulgarian and Chinese milled receivers have yet to fail.
>- Stamped receivers split at the angle of the upper rail and the side wall. N-PAP's have literally cracked in have perpendicular the length of the rifle. The receivers cracked just posterior the front trunion (between center bushing and the trunion).
>>
both are great rifles, I prefer ak platform though. I do wish the czechs didn't have to be different and they made their own variation cause I bet it wouldve been a great one.
>>
>>34519830
> The one thing I can say about the AK's is that they hold up MUCH BETTER than the RPD's.
> Every single stamped receiver has suffered from a cracked trunion.
> US (Century), Bulgarian and Chinese milled receivers have yet to fail.
What the fuck is that suppose to mean? The RPD is weaker because it's milled. Stamped AK's all suffered from cracked trunions. Bulgarian and Chinese milled receivers had not failed, yet. Milled is weaker but hasn't failed, yet?
>>
>>34519857
Read you fucking idiot.
>>
File: Russian Trigger Discipline.gif (3MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Trigger Discipline.gif
3MB, 300x168px
>>34519857
Means that their milled AKs is holding up better than their stamped AKs, but both handle high volumes of dakka than an RPD, which happens to be milled
>>
>>34519797
Kek
Yeah because AK47 is the most accurate and the most superior weapon on market
>>
>>34519876
>Different gun with completely different operating mechanism exerting pressure on completely different part geometries fails with different round counts
Anon... You know when someone says "Apples and Oranges", they mean it's not a 1:1 comparison even though they are both fruit, right? The only "Apples to Apples" comparison that can be made from that anecdote is that the milled AK's are sturdier than the stamped AK's.
>>
>>34517887
Shit up you flaming small dick queer.
>>
I love my csa vz58 but it gets hot as fuck really fast. It heats up quicker than anything else I own.
>>
where can i even buy one though
>>
File: git.png (570KB, 685x639px) Image search: [Google]
git.png
570KB, 685x639px
>>34517829
>Special snowflake AK with an LOLaftermarket that over-complicates the most simple semi-automatic rifle breakdown.
>AK "esque" gun
>Literally the product of unimaginative innovation and probably wouldn't even exist if a standard patent system existed in slavland.
>Better than the original version it was aborted from

So how badly did you get ripped off on your czech bullshit?

t. owner of a VZ 58 for about a month
>>
>VZ 58's are better than AK's
Yes. Most enthusiasts agree on this.
>lighter
Yes.
>more robust
Not to any appreciable degree one way or the other.
Yes. But stamped aks are fine.
>Superior gas system
Short recoil and long recoil both have advantages.
>Superior accuracy
No.
Really isn't.
>Trigger not mushy
Striker fired, it kinda is. Can never compete with match grade so triggers.
>Grip is ergonomic
Not very.
Not a chance in hell.

OP I agree with you but man you're a dumbass.
>>
>>34517829

Where the fuck do you even buy these? I've seen one or two on Armslist in my area, but never in a gun store or any of the online FFLs I usually check out, and also never even seen one in person, period.

I'd love to have one because I hear they're the shit.
>>
>>34520798

Even though you owned one, you don't know a lot about the VZ.58, do you anon?
>>
File: 1.jpg (228KB, 1598x734px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
228KB, 1598x734px
>>34517829
>>
File: llll.jpg (53KB, 602x500px) Image search: [Google]
llll.jpg
53KB, 602x500px
>>34517829
I have no interest in this gun. It performs exactly the same as your average AK... while being so, SO UGLY!

Look at pic related and tell me that it isn't aesthetic as fuck. It blows the VZ58 out of the water.
>>
>>34521948
I know it wasn't the gun for me and I was able to sell it to a dumbass like you for more than I bought it for.
>>
>>34519921
No fucking shit you dense fuck. It still means the Aks last longer than the RPD.
It's not fucking rocket fucking science.
>>
>>34523243
You can't draw the conclusion that stamped receivers are stronger from it, though. It's a flawed comparison and the only valid comparison we have from it shows the opposite of the conclusion you jumped to.
>>
>>34522558
AKs are boring.
>>
Those points are just garbage dude.
>simple to set up a sight rail
That makes it superior to a gun that already has one?
>trigger not mushy
I've yet to shoot an AK with a bad trigger
>aftermarket is just as good
Pretty sure you're wrong on that. Very certain.
AKs have never failed from A lack of "metal thickness"
>more robust
Prove it you nigger
>>
>>34525330
VZs are way more bland and boring than an AK.
>>
vz58 wins in weight, ergonomics, and possibly accuracy, but that's about it. I agree the stock trigger in the vz58 is better than most AK triggers, but that's a null argument if you consider that it has no trigger upgrades from a reputable manufacturer.

I'd get an AK over the vz58 for the aftermarket and parts availability alone. Also, magazines for the vz58 can be expensive and the only aftermarket are the Jewish ones. In the vz58's defense, there is an expanding aftermarket out of the Czech republic, consisting of rails, muzzle devices, safeties and bolt releases, etc.. Not many people know about it though because they don't advertise and seem to be exclusively on Ebay,
>>
>>34517882
They use STANAG you dip
>>
>>34517914
The tapco g2 in my saiga actually has a 4 lb pull and no creep. I'm pretty sure I was just extremely lucky with it.
>>
File: tears.jpg (182KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
182KB, 900x900px
>>34521925
I think Canadians and Czechs are the only ones who buy them in any significant amount. Canadians can't get AKs, so I get it. I''d trade 2 vz58's for an Arsenal.
>>
>>34527131

Only the ones in 5.56 retard. And even then only with a conversion.

The stock model is in 7.62x39 and it takes unique mags.

You can get polymer ones from (((Zahal))) along with other aftermarket parts. They work ok.

>T. Canadian Vz58 owner.
>>
>>34527143
Every tapco g2 I have used has been very crisp and light
>>
>>34517829
Have both, they're both great rifles.
Lighter yes, but the rest of your points are either irrelevant or wrong.
Only complaint I have about the VZ is the hand guards get pretty damn hot by the time you're on your third magazine and that I dropped a loaded VZ magazine on a wood floor and cracked the feed lips, cuz lol aluminum I guess. (Never had this issue with AK mags) Also the aftermarket for the VZ in the US is considerably pricier than the AK aftermarket here.

Other than that 9/10 Rifle, would grab another for a reasonable price.
>>
>muh weight!
>Vz.58 is 6.72 lbs.
>AKM is 6.92 lbs.
There is literally like a 3 oz difference, shut the fuck up you parroting retards.
>>
>>34527143
Mine had to be hand fit, and even then still refused to reliably let the sear release the hammer into the "ready to fire" position.
The hole wasn't the proper size for my polish pins either, and so it had trigger slap out the ass.
>>
File: john Cena.png (609KB, 554x563px) Image search: [Google]
john Cena.png
609KB, 554x563px
>>34517829
Back when Century was selling them bundled with spare mags and accessories at $399? Great buy! Now that the price has doubled, it's more cost effective to buy an AK.
Also, like >>34517882 said, it's aftermarket is very limited.
Buy it if you're a collector or if you already have an AK maybe-- otherwise, find yourself a cheap WASR.
>>
>>34527514
It's impressive because the Vz is milled and lighter than a stamped AK. Milled AK's are 8lbs+
>>
>>34527514
that's 3 more ounces of weed u can carry in ur backpack for the same weight bro
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.