[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>holds one more round than the glock >mechanically almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: SD9VE.jpg (165KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
SD9VE.jpg
165KB, 600x400px
>holds one more round than the glock
>mechanically almost the same
>about 200 dollars cheaper
Tell me again why why someone would carry a glock over a S&W SD9?
>inb4 muh trigger
In the heat of the moment trigger pull isn't going to matter much when they're adrenaline rushing through your veins. Not to mention, I like a long trigger pull on a weapon with no real safety aside from the trigger itself.
>>
Cuz the M&P exists.
>>
>>34509428
Anything made by Smith is good but the M&P is a whole other tier of handguns.
>>
File: Ra6gcfE.jpg (380KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Ra6gcfE.jpg
380KB, 2448x3264px
>>34509422
Glock may have been the pioneer. But it's no longer the king. The competition took note in the 90's and have caught up. Now most companies offer a polymer frame/striker fired/ super reliable pistol that meets or exceeds glock quality oftentimes at less cost to the consumer.

That's just the way of things. If your idea revolutionizes an industry and becomes widely lauded among consumers and critics alike the competition is going to follow you. Glocks are still good guns its just that there are other options now. People touting glock above all, just aren't paying attention. The probably why they got a glock to begin with.
>>
>>34509422
glock is way more pleasant to shoot, even after the apex upgrade a stock glock is still better.
>>
>>34509473
Agree in general, but a Sigma with an Apex fix, pigtail spring removal and some buffing makes for a pricepoint that you could spend on ammo for proficiency if you're looking for a bedside HD.

Personally, I always suggest a lightly used cop SW59 series trade in. But Sigmas are utterly reliable
>>
>S&W

"The poor mans Glock"
>>
>>34509422
Because I tried both (and other and preferred the Glock)

Why do you care what people buy anyway? I never understand these threads.
>>
>>34509422
Because the Canik exists
>>
File: 1463679865295.jpg (12KB, 476x309px) Image search: [Google]
1463679865295.jpg
12KB, 476x309px
>>34510209
Get out Turkroach
>>
>>34509422
Because they're iffy on reliability and trigger pull most definitely matters. If your plan is to just spam rounds in a shooting, you might want to go back to CoD.
>>
>>34509494
So you're dropping glock money on a glock clone that's still not as good as a glock...
>>
>>34510234
Most self defense encounters with a handgun are going to happen within a very short distance between you and the assailant so it's not going to be incredibly difficult to hit your target. I'm sorry your effeminate hands can't handle a slightly heavy trigger pull.
>>
>>34509422
I dont like glock but these are notoriously horrid.
It is practically taurus tier unreliable garbage.

Also they lost a lawsuit to glock because it was basically a shitty glock.
>>
>>34510209
I'd rather carry a matchlock pistol than anything made by Kebabs.
>>
>>34509422
My buddy bought an SD for his girlfriend, I've shot it twice now. The gun always went bang, which is good.

>inb4 muh trigger
There is a reason you keep hearing this. The trigger was a mile of mush, with a rough and violent break. Felt like someone took a Shield trigger and purposefully added a lot of take-up.

You can get an Apex trigger for it, but then you will be carrying a modified firearm for defense, and that is generally considered a bad idea in the eyes of the law. You can keep trying to convince yourself that the trigger is no big deal, but imho, save up $200 more and get a glock.
>>
>>34510260
>he thinks glawks are reliable
>literally got beaten by hi-point in a mud test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNw179rHxkQ
>>
File: 1489766930214.png (55KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489766930214.png
55KB, 225x225px
The SD9VE is a pretty good gun if you are poorfag to the max but want a reliable gun. If I were absolutely broke, I would buy that, paint the front sight bright orange and get the $20 Apex kit for a workable self defense gun.

Also hole-y shit, the amount of retards ITT: The SD9VE is NOT the fucking Sigma you short bus riders.
>>34510265
>but then you will be carrying a modified firearm for defense
>and that is generally considered a bad idea in the eyes of the law.

Oh, this dumb meme, again. Most handguns come with interchangeable backstraps. That counts as a modification. Putting griptape on your gun counts as a modification. Putting aftermarket sights counts as a modification.

Seriously, y'all be some dumb motherfuckers.
>>
>>34510299
Changing a Backstrom doesn't effect the function of the firearm, but an enhanced or lightened trigger does. Lawyers have been able to convince liberal juries that you modified your gun because you love guns, you wanted it to be a more efficient killer, you have been waiting for this day your whole life, this shooting was more for fun than for defense, etc.

But don't worry poorfag, get the SD9, why would you ever want to save up $200 more and not have to worry about any of that?

>ITT Lawyers
>>
>>34509422
Because a Glock is just better. Adding one round and some extra bullshit to call it your own, doesn't mean it's better than the original.
>>
File: 1496255007192.png (199KB, 941x887px) Image search: [Google]
1496255007192.png
199KB, 941x887px
>>34509422
Because someone might just want to. Or is it that you want to get a SD9 without being bullied on the internet?

>>34509464
>Taking advice on quality from someone who drinks Tin Cup
>>
>>34509422

>holds 1 more round than a glock

I stopped caring about this after about age 15. You realize that you can put longer magazines in the gun right? All you're doing is hindering yourself with a longer gun that can be less compact assuming the same barrel length.

>$200 less than glock

But not a glock and can't match a glock or any other gun in the price ranges potential

>muh trigger

Will suck and even if you get a kit will still just be adequate. It might be okay in a shootout but it's bad for marksmanship/getting good

Also, without looking it up, I'm willing to bet it's less reliable and has more expensive mags than glock.

It's just an adequate gun for poorfags. It will never be anymore than a middle ground between cheap and accepted standard
>>
>>34510271
I know this is b8 but I mean in a regular day at the range usage.

From experience, the S&W knock off is unreliable as fuck. Multiple ftf and fte per mag; keep in mind this was brand new so maybe it needed to be broken in. But even then, it was pitiful.

But why should anyone care when the p10c exists now?
>>
>>34510320
Every single time a lawyer brings that up it gets thrown out. People repeat this fuddlore all the time but the fact of the matter is unless you're carrying a fucking roland special or carved DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE into your gun, any half-decent defense attorney is going to dismiss that.
>>
I don't know about the SD9, but I held the M&P 2.0 yesterday and the trigger felt absolutely horrible compared to my SR9 at the same price. If S&W claims the 2.0 trigger is an improvement over the originals, they must really be garbage. I can't imagine what the lower end ones feel like. Yes, I am newgunz.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.