[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the status of California's new laws? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: communism.jpg (44KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
communism.jpg
44KB, 800x533px
What's the status of California's new laws? It seems like an absolute clusterfuck, where nothing is being accomplished.

>Several proposed versions of the new bullet button/"Assault weapon" laws have been rejected, and the deadline has been moved forward to 7/1/2018
>Missed the deadline for establishing ammo vendor regulations
>Correct capacity magazine infringements were successfully injuncted

It's starting to look like we're going to win by default, simply because the enemy is too incompetent to do anything right.
>>
>bear has no arms

I see what you did
>>
If high cap mags are legal to own/use in Ca if they've been in your possession since before 2000 how would the state gubmint go about enforcing high cap laws on people who have been residents since before then and just bring high cap mags from other states? Do they look for proof of purchase or something?
>>
>>34508145
That's just it, it's unenforceable.

As the law stands (not the new recently injuncted legislation), you literally have to admit to breaking the law. The 5th amendment asserts your right to remain silent. So you basically have to dig your own grave. The new laws would've changed that.
>>
>>34508145
>>34508224

Practically speaking a bunch of mags were unlawfully confiscated by officers, with no criminal charges.
>>
>>34507953
its never a winning battle its just gets slightly less worse
>>
File: 1498931537514.gif (96KB, 205x234px) Image search: [Google]
1498931537514.gif
96KB, 205x234px
>>34508242
Fuck this state.
>>
>>34508224
>>34508145
Unenforcable for mags that can't be identified and for residents who were there before 2000.

If your residency was established after the ban or you have polymer magazines that can easily be identified as post-ban, you're violating the law and it's pretty easy for them to prove.
>>
>live in NY
>they were able to pass laws saying all >10 cap mags were illegal regardless of date of manufacture
>everyone had to surrender, sell or destroy
>NY got away with it

Even California isn't as bad as NY it seems. Cuomo deserves a fucking bayonet up his ass.
>>
it only lasts as long as the ninth circuit doesn't get involved
the ninth circuit is basically stacked with liberals with a smattering of conservatives here and there
>>
>>34508252
Its starting to look like they just put themselves in check, entirely out of their own gross incompetence.

>Bullet button rifles are assault weapons
This creates a window of registration, were millions of weapons must be registered. This bolsters Heller's v. D.C.'s "common use" clause, ensuring they fall under the 2nd amendment. This jeopardizes the whole lot of CA's assault weapon infringements.

>Bullet button rifles are not assault weapons
Nothing changes, and more rifles pour in
>>
File: DONOTCOMPLY.jpg (318KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DONOTCOMPLY.jpg
318KB, 1400x1050px
DO NOT COMPLY
>>
>>34508300
>polymer magazines that can easily be identified as post-ban
If the magazine pattern existed before hand, then in theory you could have rebuilt the old worn out mag into a new magazine one part at a time, assuming you did not manufacture a new magazine (keeping the old one). The state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that you didn't do this.
>>
File: infringement.jpg (11KB, 579x191px) Image search: [Google]
infringement.jpg
11KB, 579x191px
>>34508369
COMPLY, BUT IN THE MOST AESTHETICALLY OFFENSIVE WAY POSSIBLE
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (242KB, 1679x945px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
242KB, 1679x945px
>>34508456
>>
File: slightly less cucked AR.jpg (164KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
slightly less cucked AR.jpg
164KB, 660x360px
>>34507953
>Several proposed versions of the new bullet button/"Assault weapon" laws have been rejected, and the deadline has been moved forward to 7/1/2018
What's this? I live in CA and I've heard no news about the laws' rejections.
>>
>>34508474
do you have an ma loader? Im thinking about getting a few of those and a that fixed magazine from Franklin Armory
>>
>>34508516
Don't even have an AR yet. How do the Franklin Armory magazines even work?
>>
>>34508544
they have two little tabs that stick out of the back and keep it from dropping free.
>>
>>34508474
The laws weren't rejected, but the proposed wordings have been twice now. Each time they're either too vague, or way overstep their bounds, or both.

As it stands it looks like they either need to allow bullet button rifles to be "normal assault weapons," permitting the removal of the bullet buttons once registered. Or they over-reach making a new special classification, not permitted by law, basically ensuring the law is overturned due to vagueness and illegitimacy.

If they allow removing the bullet button after registration, this will stimulate compliance, bolstering the likelihood that "assault weapons" are considered protected under the 2nd, as outlined in Heller v. D.C.'s common use language. This would jeopardize "assault weapon" regulations nationally.

So they may have just painted themselves into a corner, where the laws are meaningless and overturned, or the laws allow millions of normal rifles into the state, while jeopardizing the construct as a whole. They fucked themselves.
>>
>>34508567
Ah okay. You might also want to get the MA feed lip too if you want to make loading easier.
>>
>>34508568
omg lol
>>
Guy at a pawnshop told me you can no longer shoot on BLM land. Is this is true as of today? Or was this something someone told him to keep him off the land?
>>
>>34508324
That's disgusting
>>
>>34508568
You know, I might've seen something like this coming but either way I'm glad. The BB wasn't really THAT bad but this new shit is going way to far to take away a weapon already nerfed into a state where, even if criminals followed the law, it'd be hard to do much damage with.
>>
File: CA-HB-4.jpg (404KB, 1500x790px) Image search: [Google]
CA-HB-4.jpg
404KB, 1500x790px
>>34508456
I'll put a bullet through my head before mutilating an AR in such a way

If you are a califag like me then FFS get a mini 14 instead of a stupid ass featureless AR
>>
File: 654645654654654.jpg (55KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
654645654654654.jpg
55KB, 475x356px
>>34508568
Wonderful. How ling do you think this will play out and what's the most likely result?
>>
>>34508703
Who knows, but it's looking like they're stalling. Which may be either a good or bad sign.
>>
>>34508721
More time to order ammo online at least.
>>
>>34508734
That's actually a different law. Which they also happen to be stalling on. Primarily because they have no way to budget it, and it would require a massive legal framework and a tremendous amount of money. A fantastic use of tax-payer funds, for a state strapped for cash.

They wanted to use the Fed's NICS system. But Trump's administration is not playing along (they thought it was gonna be a cakewalk under a Hillary admin lol). Transferring every ammunition purchase through the NICS system has several practical problems: it would further burden an already stressed system, other states would have to help fund the extra infrastructure necessary, the whole system is set up around firearms and not ammo, requiring extensive changes.

They missed the deadline where they're supposed to have outlined the supposed implementation of their ammunition vendor scheme. They ramrodded it through under "emergency" circumstances, however it's looking like with their stalling tactics, things weren't really so urgent... This calls into question the legitimacy of what they're doing, increasing the likelihood this legislation ends up in the trash, where it belongs.
>>
>>34508668
How in the hell is that CA legal?
>>
>>34508829
What are you having problems with?
>>
>>34508855
It supposedly has both a detachable magazine, and a pistol grip. How is this legal? And if so, how do I clone it.
>>
>>34508887
It's not a semi automatic. We know this because that's the only way that this configuration can exist without being banned in CA

They haven't revealed what mechanism it has but interestingly enough they are planning to license it for other companies.
>>
>>34508668
>get a mini 14

Izhmash Saiga
>>
>>34508815
you know they'll keep stalling all the way up till 2020
>>
>>34508568
All y'all niggas been playin' checkers, but this nigga's been playin' chess the whole time.
>>
>>34508568
>The hottest, dankest take of all time
Goddamn, AND legal weed? We might be able to salvage this timeline afterall.
>>
>>34508933
>We know this because that's the only way that this configuration can exist without being banned in CA
It looks like it has a gas block, but who knows.

Maybe it's a straight pull bolt action? But that hardly seems interesting.
>>
>>34508978
If they do, they'll have to continue to permit ammo sales like currently. Otherwise they'll get bitch slapped by the supreme court for having de facto prohibition of ammunition.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.