[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm soon to buy my first gun. Was looking at a FX-9 9mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: FX 9.jpg (46KB, 1400x494px) Image search: [Google]
FX 9.jpg
46KB, 1400x494px
I'm soon to buy my first gun. Was looking at a FX-9 9mm carbine. I've read some reviews, watched some videos on it. Seems legit except for that it doesn't come with iron sights. Any advice as to a good/affordable sight for the FX-9?
>>
>>34505168
just buy a fucking ar15
>>
>>34505168
cz scorpion carbine, beretta cx4, just right carbines, and keltec sub are some other options to look at in this price range.
>>
>>34505313
I've been checking these out as well. Haven't finished deciding yet, just looking at all my options. But if the price of a sight compatible with the FX 9 is too much, I can rule that out.
>>
>>34505289
I was wanting something chambered for 9mm. AR 15 doesn't fit that category to my knowledge.
>>
>>34505364
the cheapest set of irons worth buying are magpul mbus at 80 bucks a set.for metal you are looking at 100+.
there are a fuckload of sights on amazon for 30-50 a set but these are basically airshit or knockoffs. the quality isnt there.
>>
>>34505168

Why are you getting a 9mm rifle, get a fucking 5.56
>>
>>34505424
Dope thanks.
>>
>>34505441
Cost. Throw me some money, I'll buy myself whatever gun you want.
>>
>>34505401
nigga you are new as fuck. that babyshit snowflake gun has the same operation as and AR-15 except it's in a pistol caliber. which will be less reliable, and have quirky problems. and, be made to some weird spec, by some random ass manufacturer. just get an AR shitdick.
>>
>>34505464
ill just say it now dont buy sights off amazon unless you are okay with them being garbage and rebuying legit ones later. you might think what a great deal when you find a utg carry handle for 30 bucks but its not.
>>
>>34505504
Yeah, not buying shit off amazon.
>>
>>34505478
*Clears throat*
No
>>
>>34505473

What? A good AR is cheaper than whatever piece of shit you posted.
>>
>>34505550
good luck with your shitty gun newfag.
>>
>>34505478
/This. I'm not even a huge AR fan but this post nailed it
>>
>>34505574
It's more about the price of ammo. 9mm for when I wanna practice shooting, I'll get an AR when I have the funds and I actually plan to kill something a 9mm wont.
>>
>>34505622

2.23 is plenty cheap, you will spend more getting a 9mm rifle and a 5.56 than just getting a damn AR.
>>
>>34505658
I do plan on getting an AR in the future, like I said. But I also want to be able to shoot regularly. And if I fire 250 5.56 rounds in a week, that'll cost about 300$ a month. I'm also saving for school, rent, etc.
>>
If you're concerned about cost, look at the Hipoint 995TS. Yeah, hipoint sucks, but this gun works and is fun to shoot. And you can shoot it at the indoor range
>>
>>34505729

Then don't buy a gun and save your capital in stuff that won't lose value
>>
>>34505733
THIS, the hi point carbine is actually a good gun its just ugly as sin.

there is also a bullpup conversion being developed that should be released within the next few months and would cost around 200-300 dollars

250 dollar gun plus the kit to make it not ugly? thats like a 500 dollar bullpup 9mm carbine. Sounds pretty good to me. I want one so i can slap a can on it.

pic related, 3d printed prototypes while they work on the tooling
>>
>>34505478
Goddamn I'm glad people like you decide to use trips so I can filter your bullshit
>>
File: sub2k-right.png (51KB, 1170x504px) Image search: [Google]
sub2k-right.png
51KB, 1170x504px
>>34505622
I'd recommend a Kel-Tec Sub-2000. As was mentioned earlier, buying an AR rechambered for 9mm is going to come with more problems and quirks than a gun built from the ground up for it. It's reliable, should cost less than your current pic, takes super cheap glock magazines, and as an added bonus it folds in the middle for storage and transport.
>>
>>34505782
Wow, that doesn't look too bad.
>>
File: 1497576565167.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1497576565167.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>34505828
try again, newfag. everyone in this thread is telling you the exact same thing.
>>
>>34505782
>>34505733
I'm glad you two mentioned it, that was the first gun I looked at. Mixed reviews but I guess it's surprisingly accurate and reliable. Cheap as shit too. But that fucking 8 round magazine though.
>>
>>34505964
That wasn't OP btw.
>>
OP, are you able to get a handgun at your age/where you live? If all you want is to shoot 9mm for the cheaper cost and you don't want to spend a bunch on a firearm learning to shoot a handgun effectively is a great way to progress your shooting skills.

Having a rifle sized gun that offers none of the advantages a real rifle caliber gives you is the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>34506050
Me and a buddy of mine take turns with his glock, but I've always been better with rifles. Someone mentioned .223 which is kind of in the middle, so I might go with that. Just kinda looking around, gauging options.
>>
>>34505168

So many faggots trying to stop you from having fun because of

>MUH AR15

Same fuckin retards that are gonna buy 1-2 then complain about lack of variety in the gun market.

Look into the sub 2000
>>
>>34505168
You will probably never fire your gun in anger so get whatever you want.

You'll learn to shoot with little recoil and cheap ammo and can get a "real" rifle later.
>>
>>34505982
Comes with a 10 round, but you can get a 20 round redball mag for it for $20. I have 3
>>
>>34506105
I mean, honestly dude, rifles are easy as shit to be good with. Having that shoulder support and especially having some kind of dot sight makes shooting a rifle relatively easy. I find myself getting bored shooting most AR's/AK's or PCC's.

Handguns are more difficult but if all you are doing is slaying paper you might as well have some kind of challenge involved. Shooting A-zone on an IPSC target at +20m consistently takes focus.

Plus, if you a get a CPL in the future you will already be trained up to shoot well. I've just been exploring firearms for a bit and over time I found handgun shooting is cheaper and overall more useful to me. Especially if you carry and your handgun is essentially your primary firearm 90% of the day.

If you aren't good at handgun shooting atm, maybe you should focus on that and round out your skillset. But its your money and do whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>34506118
Will do, thanks for the tip.

>>34506140
Thank you, this won't be for anything more than recreation/home defense (if needed), so I'm not too concerned with stopping power.

>>34506236
I'll definitely check that out.
>>
>>34506347
I'm actually not too bad with a handgun, it's just uncomfortable to me. Maybe it's irrational, but I always preferred the feel of a rifle or carbine. I might get a handgun if my state's new law passes (no concealed permit, fuck yeah.)
>>
File: Cx4_PROFILE_L.jpg (18KB, 840x253px) Image search: [Google]
Cx4_PROFILE_L.jpg
18KB, 840x253px
Berreta Cx4 storm is a 9mm carbine with god tier ergonomics, is reliable, and built from the ground up for 9mm.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.