[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical for my first handgun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
Just ordered a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical for my first handgun. How did I do /k/?
>>
You done good.
>>
>>34495469
Very good. You won't find a better handgun than a CZ.
>>
>>34495469
Fuck yeah dude, good choice.
>>
>>34495836
>>34495856
>>34495989

Cool! It's on its way. So I read that it can take +P+ ammo and was tested with it, that's why the springs are so heavy. Kinda cool but I won't probably ever shoot that type of ammo like the cz police. I've read that you can safely put a new 15lb hammer spring and 14 lb recoil spring and it will be much better in terms of racking the slide and DA trigger pull. Any thoughts?
>>
File: 1469500074963.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1469500074963.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>34496294
Factory recoil springs are indeed rated for +P+ so you'll find your slide will actually close on fired brass because it's returning so quickly. The springs in the 18 round mags are slightly underpowered, that can lead to issues as well.
A 13-15 recoil spring is ideal. If you want to lighten up your trigger pull the 13 lb main spring is a good balance of reliable detonation and weight. Get an extended firing pin if you want to go even lower.

If you tend to dry fire a lot get an open firing pin retaining pin since CZ's tend to peen the OEM ones
>>
>>34496449

How do I fix the mag issue? And I thought if I went to 13 on the main I'd need to replace the firing pin and I saw it on YouTube and it looked hard to replace. Plus I didn't want the chance of a light strike. Could I have gone to 13 and still be a reliable home defense weapon?
>>
I own many pistols.
The SP01 is what I shoot.
>>
>>34495469
No clue. I'd love one but I just bought a P320 ;-;
>>
>>34495469

How does the P07 stack up? I bought one for $400 cash a week ago.
>>
Great choice. Take it to the range. Shoot it until you can have slowfire 3" groupings at 50 feet. Upgrade to a Shadow 2. Shoot competition.
>>
>>34495469
>CZ handgun as a first gun
>posts a pic with a Glock table mat

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 20161026_112431.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_112431.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I have the little brother, great shooting pistol.
>>
>>34498776

Lol I don't have the gun yet. The pic is from Google. Yes I did blind it, but I rented so many other guns at the range, mostly polymer, and none of them impressed me. This looked like the best fitting handgun for my hand.
>>
>>34498813

Very cool it has the nsn# on the side for the nato spec. I was very close on getting the p-01 instead but decided I will only need the gun for home defense and range practice, so I opted for the sp-01. Once I'm comfortable enough with shooting at the range, I'll look for a p-01 to CC
>>
>>34495469
Tell us how much you paid for it and we'll tell you how you did.

>>34496689
There is no mag issue. Anon is an idiot.

Don't fuck with the spring tensions on your gun if you don't know what the fuck you're doing, and you don't. If you wanted to shoot 9mm +P+P+P+P+P++, then you should have just gotten a .40 caliber gun, fucking idiot. Shoot the ammunition that your gun is intended to fire, which is 9mm Luger, standard pressure.
>>
>>34498922

Met my first /k/ douchebag. Your post is all over the place with contradictions so I'm not even going to waste my efforts explaining all the research I've done. $599. Comes with night sights.
>>
>>34498922

He didn't get the gun to shoot +P+ retard. He wants to shoot standard pressure. The gun is intended to fire hot ammo, for Europe police. Read carefully before you post anything again retard.
>>
>>34499037
What, specifically, did I write which you think is wrong or contradicting?

>There is no mag issue
I can verify this with personal experience of owning the gun.

>Anon is an idiot
Obviously if he talks about non-existent mag issues, then there is something wrong with his intelligence.

>Don't fuck with the spring tensions on your gun if you don't know what the fuck you're doing
Good advice. The CZ 75 was designed to work well with the springs it came with. Every change you make will make it perform less than standard. There is absolutely no reason to do that.

>and you don't
Although I can't verify this, it seems to be a very reasonable assumption, given that this is your first handgun.

>If you want to shoot high pressure ammo, just get a gun chambered for a higher pressure caliber
Also good advice. Even if your gun can withstand high pressure 9mm ammo for a short period of time, why would you even want to shoot that on a regular basis? You're going to accelerate the wear on the gun, and also you will experience more recoil than the gun is designed to handle.

>fucking idiot
Since you were completely unable to explain yourself in the post I am currently replying to, this seems apt.

>Shoot ammunition that your gun is intended to fire
Read the gun's instruction manual and you'll find the same advice repeated there.

>>34499059
>The gun is intended to fire hot ammo, for Europe police.
It's intended to fire standard pressure 9mm ammunition. Even the 9mm NATO stuff that some European agencies use is not the same as high pressure ammo.
>>
>>34499067

Let me guess you're the same fag that keeps everything stock on your Toyota Camry because Toyota says so.

I appreciate the feedback but it seems agenda filled. All my research says I can safely replace the recoil and hammer springs to the weights I've listed. I'd rather take advice from actual cz gunsmith's than some /k/faggot.
>>
>>34499120
>Going to needlessly replace springs when the ones on their work 100 percent and have been proven over decades to work 100 percent
>Lol fuck off!

Not that guy but what exactly is wrong with you?
>>
>>34499139

Czs are known to have shit triggers and heavy slides to rack back because they are NATO certified.
>>
>>34499141
They are also certifiably reliable and good. Hammer springs, fair enough if youre a trigger bitch, but the fucking recoil springs?
>>
>>34495469
I could buy CZs and variations of them for the rest of my life and be happy.

You did just fine, anon
>>
>>34499150

He's got weak hands and wrists, anon. If he spent more time working out instead of "racking hard slides" then he wouldn't be bitching as much.
>>
>>34499150

Isn't the recoil spring something absurd? 19/20 lbs? I was reading several reviews that the guy's wife couldn't even rack it back because of the CZ design combined with the heavy duty recoil spring.
>>
>>34495469
welcome to the SP-01 master race.
few tips

1. Lighter recoil springs are a waste of time, felt recoil is already extremely low
2. AVOID steel guide rods, they are junk
3. a SHadow hammer spring works fine and will drop .75lbs off the trigger pull without ignition issues.

enjoy the gun
>>
>>34499180
its more because of the inside rails, canted slide, and pisspoor serrations
>>
>>34499180
I'm a 5'9" weak manlet weighing in at 153 pounds with a broken wrist who can't bench 80 percent of his bodyweight and I haven't had issue.
>>
>>34499177

>He's got

>>34499184
I've seen the guide rod that comes with it is plastic. How did the steel one worse? Just curious because I've seen them mentioned before.
>>
>>34499202

Well then maybe I'll just keep everything stock, which I intended on doing in the first place. Just wanted some feedback on a few mods down the road.
>>
>>34499212
Try it stock first. I have a limited run od green model with threaded barrel and suppressor sights and I haven't wanted to change anything.
>>
>>34499220

What's the best deal for ammo for the sp-01? Both range and defense?
>>
File: steel shit v2.png (2MB, 2512x800px) Image search: [Google]
steel shit v2.png
2MB, 2512x800px
>>34499195
>pisspoor serrations
ummmm no
the serrations on a sp-01 are super aggressive and will dig into your skin. they do their job well.

>>34499203
>How did the steel one worse?
So a few reasons

1. you need a round spring to use a steel guide rod. round springs wear faster than a flat spring. a round spring is about 2x larger on the inside and will not evenly apply pressure at the slide goes back.(kinda wrinkles)

2. the steel guide rod will NOT sit centered in your slide. It uses a pointed end for this very reason(to center it as the slide moves back). it will wear on your slide.

3. it has NO benefits! it does nothing to improve your gun. The plastic ones don't break; there's no reason to replace it.

just use a CZ shadow 1 guide rod if you want to go the round spring rout.
>>
>>34495469
you fell for a meme.
>>
>>34499274
i don't see anything wrong here
that's normal wear for a gun with a FULL length rail system.

also, Not a single glock passed NATO durability testing
only the CZ p-01 passed every test without any malfunctions
>perfection
>>
>>34499256
I don't use mine for defense but I have critical duty usually and I just shoot whatever is cheapest. Blazer, mag anything.

I am not picky about what I shoot through it and neither is the gun.
>>
File: not even this Glock is UK legal.jpg (199KB, 1358x1019px) Image search: [Google]
not even this Glock is UK legal.jpg
199KB, 1358x1019px
>>34499280
I have no words to express how sad you are...
>>
>>34499272
>>34499283

Thanks for the feedback.

>>34499280
Does the sp-01 go through the same manufacturer tests as the p-01?
>>
>>34499283
Seconding this. I've fired everything through my 75B including reloads, and it's handled every type of ammo like a champ with no problems. I also clean it after every shooting session so that might help as well.
>>
>>34499303

What do you use to clean? I picked up some eezox based on a recommendation from the store employee
>>
>>34499324
Just hoppes no. 9 and hoppes lubricant. I know there's better stuff out there but it's always worked just fine for me, and i figure why try to fix what isn't broken. I've got thousands of rounds through it without a single malfunction. Clean it after every shooting session, but don't overclean it. It doesn't have to be clean enough to eat off of, just clean enough to function and prevent rust.

I learned to how clean my CZ from watching this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPYSnIAP8o
>>
>>34499280
The picture isn't illustrating wear.
>>
what's with all the CZ decocker love ?

do people actually carry fullsize CZs ?
>>
>>34499384
>>34499384
People carry all sorts of things, including full size 1911s and full size Beretta 92s. I wouldn't do it personally or recommend it to anyone, but to each their own.
>>
>>34499377
>Muh tool marks

Literal autism
>>
File: Shadow2[1].png (200KB, 1070x713px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow2[1].png
200KB, 1070x713px
>>34499272
>ummmm no
>the serrations on a sp-01 are super aggressive and will dig into your skin. they do their job well.

cz recognized the issue and adressed it with the shadow 2. ipsc shooters were complaining that under duress you could easily fuck up clearing a malfunction becuase of the rounded edges, angled slide and shitty serrations
>>
File: 33.jpg (129KB, 1000x660px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
129KB, 1000x660px
>>34499272
>>34499482

>CZ fags shit on Glock for the supposedly shitty serrations
>CZ upgrades their serrations after complaints to what is basically Glock serrations

oh the fucking irony.
>>
>>34499482
actually the new wide slide serrations are horrible

you slip easily and cut up your fingers
>>
>>34499384
Shit man, I carry a full sized revolver. Nothin' wrong with big guns unless you're some kind of 5'5 manlet worried about printing.
>>
>>34499540
my main point being the decocker
you only need the decocker model if you intend to carry it and uncock it without having to worry about the hammer
>>
>>34499120
Its sound advice. Fucking with the reliability of something that you are going to bet your life on is a bad idea, unless you know what you are doing. I don't care if the ghost of John Moses Browning himself came to you in a dream, since this is your first gun, get some experience with it in it's stock configuration before fucking with it. Yes I leave my Camry stock, that way I can drive it to work every day, instead of bumming rides to work because its taken apart in my driveway, while I'm trying to put a new dohicky on it that will give me .002 hp gain and cost me 5 mpg that I read about on DouchebagRicer.com
>>
>>34499549

Thanks Dad
>>
>>34499522
glocks serrations are shallower. but haters gonna hate.
>>34499533
I think they are fine, they're basically the same as tanfoglios, and they have worked perfect for me. havent shot competitions with the shadow 2, but fingering it they seemed similar
>>
>>34499180
You read 1 review from a holocaust survivor and parroted it as fact. Nice job.
>>
>>34499195
It's more to do with the low profile slide and.
>>
>>34500748

Jesus dad, Im keeping the gun stock. Was just curious about the springs since there are 100s of CZ forums of people changing them out with great results.
>>
>>34499256
CZs are not picky about ammo. Buy whatever's cheap and it'll run.
>>
File: tyt mad2.jpg (80KB, 776x559px) Image search: [Google]
tyt mad2.jpg
80KB, 776x559px
>>
>>34499384
Im not a decocker guy but they seem to be popular with people who carry with one in the pipe uncocked. Most people aren't comfortable thumbing down a hammer on a loaded chamber.
>>
File: Non Australian loadout.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Non Australian loadout.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>34495469
Mine is the best handgun I have ever fired. Even noguns friends of mine can shoot well with it, and it will make you a better handgun shooter over time. An SP-01 with 18 round magazines feels like you are holding a mini deathstar in your hands. There is just something so satisfying in how soft and crisp the single action feels, and the bore axis is so perfect that there is very minimal muzzle flip.

You did good anon, you did good.
>>
>>34499037
>first
Ha wow, thanks for visiting the forums today and posting a shitty "how'd i do guyz?" thread. You're a credit to whatever website they banned you from.
>>
>>34501114

I'm banned from Google? Thanks for your input, it means a lot to me.
>>
>>34501404
That's why you made the thread isn't it? You value the opinions of complete strangers and require validation for your financial decisions. I you actually wanted advice you would have asked before you bought the thing.
>>
>>34501552

I wanted feedback on the handgun, period. I was being playing along with the "did I done guud?" meme.
>>
File: 9WDmxG0.jpg (111KB, 800x373px) Image search: [Google]
9WDmxG0.jpg
111KB, 800x373px
>>34498405

P07 is good. I have one as well. Is it a P07 or P07 Duty though?
>>
>>34496294

Don't lighten the spring too much unless you like light primer strikes.
>>
>>34500766

THIS. For shits and giggles I powertested my CZ75B vs my Glock42, after 250 rounds of shitty .380 the glock started having all kinds of issues until cleaned, my 75 gave zero fucks at well over 500 rounds.
>>
>>34501700
My friend had the same issue with shitty ammo in his lcp. His PCR runs like a champ though.
>>
>>34495469
You did great OP. I ordered the urban grey SP-01 because I wanted a unicorn pistol. Will probably get the standard SP-02 Tactical, or P-01 for carry eventually.

Speaking mag problems, the magazines that come with the SP-01 have a tendency for the base plate to come unfastened and slip off if you hit it hard enough. Saw videos of it on YouTube, and was able to recreate it myself. I know Mec Gar makes the mags for CZ, but the also have their own, different designed mags for it which hold 19 rounds. Do the MecGar brand MecGar mags have this same issue as the MecGar CZ mags that the pistol comes with? Couldn't find any info on that.

TL;DR - Do the MG 19rd mags have the base plate issue of the 18rd CZ mags?
>>
>>34501724
SP-01*
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.