[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my safety like this? It works just fine but annoys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1633.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Why is my safety like this? It works just fine but annoys me to all hell.
>>
Bad notch alignment.
>>
>>34491974
Any thing I can do to fix this?
>>
>>34491985
harbor freight sells a notch alignment kit for $9.99 with no coupon
>>
>>34491999
YOU got a link to it? I can't find it
>>
File: _20170308_212548.jpg (60KB, 458x480px) Image search: [Google]
_20170308_212548.jpg
60KB, 458x480px
>>34492045
>>
>>34492062
? It's not on harbor freights sight when I search notch alignment kit
>>
>>34492069
Remember where you are. Don't be so gullible.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
>>
>>34491999
>>34492045

Oh boy.
>>
Don't listen to these Harbor Freight idiots.
I just tapped on mine with a hammer until everything lined up.
>>
>>34493951
wtf is tapping it going to do? don't you know how the safety switch with the little detent actually work in there?
>>
>>34492982
Never heard of harbor freight before so I just was kinda hoping he was just being helpful. It just annoys me, it's something caused by the Lower receiver because when I take the selector from my other AR that fits just fine and put it in this AR it does the same thing
>>
You could attempt taking the selector off and filing down the back of it to give it more clearance if you're so inclined, it looks like it's hitting on the raised up portion below the stop. Or get a slimmer profile selector, like a BAD-ASS or something.
>>
>>34492045
It's right next to the left handed socket wrenches and blinker fluid.
>>
>>34491888
>Why is my safety like this?
It's not a Colt
>>
>>34494556
So it isn't shit then.
>>
>>34491888
>>34491974
One of mine is like this too, it's a problem with the lower, switching the safety out won't do anything.

Probably not worth getting fixed, you'd probably have to have pin hole redone by having it filled and then redrilled and who knows how strong that would be.
>>
>>34494588
>sagging safety
Yes, clearly fine craftsmanship.

Truth is, droopy selectors are a result of sloppy tolerances, which happens in frankenguns
>>
>>34494332
actually a short throw (think 45 degree) would solve his problem
>>
File: 1496609011489.jpg (449KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1496609011489.jpg
449KB, 1280x853px
I had an ambi-safety that use to do this. Though it definitely could be the hole itself, try a couple other ones before doing anything else.
>>
>>34494621
It's an aero precision lower so I'm a little disappointed. People say they are top quality
>>
>>34495438
It's sadly very common, perhaps more common in Aero than other brands, but Aero is still a high quality brand. The detent channel being slightly off does not impede the function of the gun, it's just a visual annoyance. Perhaps you could find somebody in your state with another Aero receiver who would trade with you.

There is no fixing it, and I would be shocked if either the shop you bought from or Aero themselves would replace it considering the paperwork involved.
>>
>>34495475
Guess I'm just gonna have to live with it.
>>
>>34495591
try a 45 degree ambi selector, then it will be drastically less noticeable, and an upgrade anyway
>>
>>34491888
Either the detent recess on the safety isn't aligned correctly with the main body, or the detent hole in the lower isn't aligned correctly with the safety bore.

The first is correctable with a new safety; the latter is not fixable without replacing the lower.
>>
I would imagine this can happen even within dimensional specification for the lower and safety switch -- especially on .mil rifles.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.