[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think it's acceptable to say that they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 37

File: hannibalprepper.jpg (38KB, 377x398px) Image search: [Google]
hannibalprepper.jpg
38KB, 377x398px
Why do people think it's acceptable to say that they're going to come to a prepper's house in case of emergency?

You've had the same time to get your shit together as I have
>>
File: 3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>prepper
>>
>>34491569
I'm going to a preppers house to kill them and take their shit if everything goes south.
>>
File: thirdworldcountry.jpg (92KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
thirdworldcountry.jpg
92KB, 640x426px
>>34491574
>Not prepping
>>
i feel that way about almost all social welfare
>>
File: 1356055575152.gif (3MB, 235x224px) Image search: [Google]
1356055575152.gif
3MB, 235x224px
>>34491569
cash/grass/ass rule applies
>>
>>34491588
>I'm going to go to a person's house who has specifically been preparing for lawlessness and disorder and fuck with them
>>
>>34491569
I got a hot chick coming over when SHTF so...
>>
>>34491589
There's nothing wrong with preparing. Prepping is autism.

>>34491600
>social welfare
You mean theft?
>>
>>34491607
What do you think prepping is short for?
>>
>>34491602
>He spent 90% of his non-essentials income on disaster preparedness
>I bought a decent .308 and I never liked him anyway
Math's pretty simple, guy.
>>
>>34491629
Yeah, that a .308 isn't going to get through a ring of shipping containers filled with gravel
>>
>>34491602
I didn't say I would go there to Fuck with them anon. I said I would go there to kill them and take their shit. Fucking reading comprehension nigger.
>>
>>34491667
I don't think you understand the concept of prepping. A prepper also prepares for people trying to take their shit
>>
>>34491680
Pfft, no they don't. At least not beyond "I'MMA US MUH ENN VEE GEES AND SEE UM WHEN DEY COMIN'"

PROTIP preppers: You have to sleep sometimes
>>
>>34491645
I guarantee the majority of preppers
A) Haven't gone that in depth on their preparations
B) Won't stick to the game plan when the shit hits the fan
C) Will be easily lured
D) Will have family members and others "out of position" at the start of the disturbance who will cause weaknesses in their defensive plan
For a quick example, I'd lay up by their home, cut a tree or otherwise lay an impediment over the entrance to the property and when they come back from picking their kids up out of school I'll light the car up.
Great thing about preppers: they usually have shovels and isolated land.
>>
>>34491607

Your first sentence is the text book definition of autism my spectrum afflicted friend.
>>
>>34491602
Watch out, man. These people are bandits of the new world order
>>
>>34491707
Not sure what window licking preppers you've been around but the people I know who prep all having solid, very followable plans. One universal one being camping to take out raiders
>>
I don't prep as much as I know how to live off the land (Still need to start farming) by hunting, trapping, fishing, (knowing how to) dry peat (Too much effort to do on the regular, but I got a couple years worth of firewood stored anyway), and knowing a number of alternative sources for fresh water.
Got a diesel generator and two 1000-litre tanks to run it off.
I've also got all of one man I'd hole up with after the apocalypse, and he's itching for an excuse to leave his airheaded GF and eat her bratty kids and getting together to lust-murder animals, fish tasty fucking fish, herding sheep, having farting contests and pretending we don't jack off ever.
>>
>>34491680
If someone is making it known to others that they are peppers, they are not doing it right. Assholes like me are why. Information is power and I dont have to show up alone. Now Fuck off summer.
>>
File: 1430404397650.gif (370KB, 263x173px) Image search: [Google]
1430404397650.gif
370KB, 263x173px
>>34491707
>they usually have shovels and isolated land.
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?
>>
It makes sense to have a supply of food and other essentials laid in but for most preppers it's just another "buy more shit" hobby like most other Amerikwa pastimes.

If you tell people you're stockpiling food, ammo, etc., you're an idiot.
>>
>>34491734
>Hurr durr I'm going to go attack this fortified encampment

>*Me in bushes with SKS*

Thanks for the cheap AR and magpul mags
>>
>>34491707

Just poison 5% of food stores. Have those fairly accessible. Real food secured.

Jackasses like you come by, steal and eat poison food, die, prepper gets to add your gear to theirs. Cuts you up and makes sausage. Poisons it. Sets it up for the next tough guy going to take advantage of a prepper.

Prepper gets a steady stream of new gear.
>>
>>34491707
You're
A) a dipshit
B) going to give a prepper a new .308
Thanks for your contribution. Your corpse will be more useful than you were alive.
See you on the flip side mr. Fertilizer
>>
Doesn't really matter because prepping is retarded
>>
>>34491728
- t. Post Apocalyptic Freak
>>
File: 1492560023145.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
1492560023145.png
107KB, 341x334px
>>34491569
>Prepping
>Not fortifying a vital road with a choke point and becoming a highwayman with the boys.
It's like you don't enjoy fun.
>>
>>34491763
>preparing for things going wrong is retarded

Its idiots like you who freak out over me having a pocket knife but also want me to open boxes for you.
>>
>>34491569
It's going to be years before shit hits the fan and even then, if you aren't in the ghetto, it won't be that bad. Literally all you need is some canned food and water.
>>
>>34491605
>prays for the end of the world so he can lose virginity finally
>>
>>34491780
Fuck that being in the open shit.

There's no defending against a ghillie suit and a Ruger 10/22 20' off the road
>>
>>34491754
Very very very few preppers have "fortified encampments"
Ninety nine times out of a hundred, the only thought a prepper is going to have is "I'mma buy like ten tons of ammo and a shitload of food. That should be enough"
>>
>>34491727
From my experiences at gun shows and the like, the majority of preppers are hobbyists. They like the illusion of safety, the feeling of being initiated into a secret side of life, but they are essentially soft and conformist.
Tons of food, plenty of gadgets,a a few proper ranch-style living types, but no military strength, no discipline, and no killer instinct. I forsee panic, scrambling to assert their plans, and fear when the plan does not resemble the mess of reality.
A single actor could peel and devour a normal prepper household of six people (with only two or three combatants) like an orange.
All that food, all that ammunition, all those glossy carbon fibre guns in their safes... Defended by half-ass Home Alone traps and two to three inexpert riflemen.
I'll eat my fill, and even if I don't, the masses will.
>>
>>34491754
>dude tell me hes a prepped
>ask what he has done to prep
>plan accordingly

Like I said. You make it known your a prepper, which most of these prepper retards do, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>34491796
Who says we wouldn't have snipers around? There just needs to be one ballsy guy to collect the highway fee. Everyone else can be in sniper nests and foxholes.
>>
>>34491569
I'm not even a "prepper" I got some food stored, water, and I'm a total /k/ommado gun hoarder people still say this shit to me.

It's not prepping to have a game plan for a horrible storm, power loss etc. I got 3 days.. that's it, after that well shit.

It worries me how little people think, if some zombie take over earthquake etc, because I had the very small common sense to be ready for something, I'm general badass leader of the world saving militia, and I'm also a fucking charity.

And some of those cock suckers vote to take my guns away.
>>
File: 1497391272115m.jpg (90KB, 1024x715px) Image search: [Google]
1497391272115m.jpg
90KB, 1024x715px
>>34491569
Because they're either confused by the practice, consider it rediculous, or are made uncomfortable by it. "Going to your place for the apocalypse" is normie for "I don't like/understand this, don't know how to talk about it, and don't want to."
>>
>>34491818
The problem with that is, being covered only works if the people know they've got guns trained on them. If he thinks you're just some lone faggot, he's going to get off at least one shot before bubba with his nugget airs his head out
>>
>>34491645
Are you implying that even 1% of 'preppers' have armored compounds?
Most of the time if people see a rifle and over 100 rounds they say 'lol i know where im coming in the zombie apocalypse'. Don't be a retard.

The only people that even have places like that are fucking laughing stocks.
>start tire fire upwind of secured position
>they choke to death from the burning plastic and rubber over the course of 3 days.
GG.
>>
>>34491803
To be honest, sniping raiders and taking their shit is one of the most appealing aspects to me
>>
What is it with people who think there is something suspicious or extreme about actually being prepared for things anyway? Some of them almost seem to make a moral point out of being helpless.
>>
>>34491754
You vs Me, wooded terrain, I choose rate of engagement, you have kids and a wife to protect.
Sounds like a party.
>>34491761
Good plan. Mitigated slightly by the fact I'm not stealing anything from a camp or ranch with living humans in it. If I'm killed by your poison, some third party gets all of our gear.
>>34491762
If I can manage your ranch better than you, I deserve to. If you can see me coming and kill you, you deserve to. If we meet on flat ground and agree to work together, I intend to keep that word once given.
>>
>>34491829
Yeah. That's why the retards or prisoners are put on collection duty. No big if they're popped.
>>
>all these delusional faggots talking about killing people during SHTF
Enjoy your domestic terrorist charges...
>>
>>34491863
You're on new terrain, I'm completely familiar with the landscape including exactly what should and should not be there. So that means no sneaking, ghillie suit or tree camping for you

.300WM within 3/4 mile, you lose
>>
>>34491761
Who are you and how do you know I have a decoy cupboard?
>>
>>34491707
>>34491569
>>34491574
>>34491588
So, what is the correct amount of preparedness?

I say several hundred rounds of lightweight ammunition, a good backpack, basic first aid kit, and some canned food is the appropriate amount of energy/time spent. If you do those things, you won't be taken completely off guard in a disaster situation. At the same time, doing those basic preparations doesn't take much time or effort.
>>
>>34491901
I'm counting on your preparedness so I can take it.
>>
>>34491901
Probably going to catch shit but I'd say a 10/22 is the perfect rifle. Ammo everywhere, easy to suppress, no recoil
>>
>Why do people think it's acceptable to say that they're going to come to a prepper's house in case of emergency?

because they're being silly anon. how about you stop being a fucking spaz
>>
>>34491885
Not that anon but wow you're edgy. Who says it's new terrain for them. Who says it's not someone you know and trust a bit. Who says you arent asleep when theyre setting up their hiding hole?

You have no idea how real life works at all, do you?
>>
>>34491794
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>34491624
>>34491719
Anon probably means a difference between people following FEMA's emergency supply list and full on bunker fantasy preppers.
>>
>>34491569
I dont need this shit, i live close to a huge sub-tropical forest, and i know hidden tunnels in the mountains. Also i live in the third world, SHTF every day here.
>>
>>34491901
>basic first aid kit
>for a national collapse

You should be carrying a pressure dressing with you just in case someone gets horribly injured in day to day life, let alone in an outright disaster.
>>
>>34491569
>Why do people think it's acceptable to say that they're going to come to a prepper's house in case of emergency?

implying they won't get carjacked on the way if it's that bad they feel the need to bug out to a prepper's house uninvited kek
>>
>>34491901
>correct amount of preparedness?
a fully self sustaining system fortified deep underground.
but realistically, its a very wise idea to have atleast three days worth of food and water per person
>>
>>34491901
Makes sense.
I tend to think that castle-building cultures were king for a long time. Hold ground, make farms, eat well, lots of kids, prosper. The nomadic lifestyle is for chumps.
That being said, you never know which fortresses will hold, which will fall, what the disaster will be. So, buy exactly what you outlined, a rifle you trust out to 800m, and play the opportunist.
If it's a general happening, get out there first and parasitise a prepper household. Kill them all, muddy your tracks enough that when law's restored you're clean, and move on. If it's a natural disaster, move to where it's mitigated and play it by ear. If it's the end times or zombies, or another irreversible change, kill your way to the nearest true "castle," one that would stand for a generation and thus you couldn't have prepped before, and go pledge service or such like.
Above all, be well-trained and in the condition to pull all of this off.
>>
>itt larping
>>
A buddy of mine preps, he has a decent stockpile for a single dude except he lacks a proper ammo reserve. He also is pretty open about it, but he lives in an area that you'd least suspect to find prepper in a trailer that you'd only suspect crackheads live in.
>>
>>34491780
>not having this book
>>
>>34491983
Wal-Mart has amazingly good deals. I've gotten over 2000 rounds of 3" and 3 1/2" mag 12 gauge for pennies on the dollar
>>
File: 1449656789228.jpg (57KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
1449656789228.jpg
57KB, 709x538px
>>34491707
>Great thing about preppers: they usually have shovels and isolated land
>>
>>34491569

Cause you're retarded enough to tell them you prep.
>>
>>34491885
Oh sure, you might know ever tree/bush/whatever (highly unlikely but let's go with it)
But you can't be on watch 24/7. And I'll bet your wife/kid/random hooker doesn't pay that much attention now, let alone after two or three weeks of fucking nothing, to say nothing of several months into the happening
>>
>>34491901
The only prep worth mentioning is mental.

You can prep physically, none of it means shit if you can't bring yourself to threaten someone or extort food from someone who has kids. If you really want to survive after a giant meteor, you need to go from zero to psychopath overnight. Have guns and know how to use them.
>>
>>34492005
>not being an actual werewolf
>>
>>34492012
Yeah there is that and I've offered to reload him all the ammo he needs for cost of materials. I can make 12ga and anything else except .50 BMG and up.
>>
>>34491601
what the hell you gonna do with cash?
>>
>>34492046
Toilet paper is highly underrated in the habbening
>>
>>34492046
wipe his ass maybe?
>>
>>34491740

He wants to set up a private garden ;)
>>
>>34492059
>not using a rock to wipe your ass
Are you fairies serious?
>>
>>34492084
I've got a pond, I was thinking I'd just wade in and swash water in my ass every time I poo. Maybe even just poo in the pond to feed the catfish

Toothpaste is overlooked as fuck too. Imagine having a cavity in a SHTF scenario
>>
>>34491912
...in the ass. Repeatedly. Until your new massa gets bored with you and trades you for some AAs and a game boy.
>>
>>34492046
SHTF does not automatically involve the total collapse of society and conventional currency.
>>
File: blackface.png.cf.png (100KB, 298x409px) Image search: [Google]
blackface.png.cf.png
100KB, 298x409px
>>34492110
Hard to do if youre dead after being raided by superior numbers.
>>
>>34492038
>stealing food from families with kids
That makes you a nigger
>>
>>34491707
>I'm going to make a plan on an assumption that they don't know what they're doing
You're not proving how smart you are by presenting a plan you made in 10 seconds.
>>
>>34491707
>picking their kids up from school
>during SHTF
Not only do I doubt schools would be open during a societal collapse, but I doubt a prepper would drive their kids to and from school, especially if gas is scarce. And if you're implying that you're going to do this the SECOND SHTF happens, then I don't think you've thought this out very well.
>>
>>34491728
Sounds gay
>>
>>34492141
Superior numbers?

You mean lots of targets

The thing about a gang is, when fired on they don't think "We're a collective, even if I die, someone will get there and steal the shit".

They think "Oh fuck, I don't want to get shot, fuck this shit, I'm out"
>>
>>34491852

Your tactics are rather unrealistic. Why not just start a tire fire up wind from ISIS, in 3 days they all choke to death.

Doesn't really work like that or else every army would just travel around with massive piles of tires.
>>
>>34492167
Not that anon but you do realize he was just making an example right? You could leave for anything, or not even leave; just be watched for a few days and someone can learn everything about you. Where you sleep, where you eat, where you go to the bathroom, do you bring a firearm with you when you do these things, are you alone, how many friends do you have etc....
>>
>>34491852
If you have the logistical capacity to set up massive tire fires why are you going after random houses?
>>
>>34492186
Because they are not secured in a single compound you mongoloid.... They can literally just walk out. There is a reason why most situations involving a heavily defended compound result in burning or smoking them out.

You're retarded and completely incapable of critical thinking.
>>
>>34492206
That's not the question. You can get hundreds of tires from an already looted abandoned car. Hell you can burn just about anything to smoke someone out. It could be bags of garbage for all that matters.

>>34492186
>this whole post
Are you retarded?...
>>
>>34492214
>What is open air

The other anon is right. A tire burns like, well, a tire You would have to have literally tens of thousands of tires to keep that going for any amount of time and that would be per house/compound
>>
>>34491569
>>34492034

Why wouldn't you want a larger labor pool of man power?

Working or living with friends is probably the quickest way to ruin a friendship I've heard. You just can't replace how useful an extra brain and pair of hands is, it's really not valued as much as it's worth.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (177KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault (1).jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>34491569

The real question is, do you have the relevant skills to survive in SHTF?
>>
>>34492225
But then you are spending hundreds of man hours exposing yourself collecting tires. And it would need to be thousands of tires at a minimum. The time and effort needed is beyond a single person in this sort of situation.

Not to mention that most places do not have wind strong/consistent enough for this plan.
>>
>>34491569
They're making a joke, you fucking autist.
>>
>>34492225
>You can get hundreds of tires from an already looted abandoned car.

Go take a tire off a car then break the tire off the rim. You're talking 30 minutes per tire at minimum. If you leave the rim on then you're talking 40lbs per tire minimum

>See you stacking a giant pile of tires outside of my perimeter

>"What a goddamned retard"

>Take you out with deer rifle

>Free pile of tires
>>
>>34492231
More like 100 tires. But it was an example. You could use anything. Improvised armored car with a shit load of styrofoam.

>come to SHTF thread
>people are talking about extremely specific circumstances and think they're completely invulnerable

What are you going to do when someone else who also has a rifle is watching you.
>>
>>34492225
>You can get hundreds of tires from an already looted abandoned car
A car typically has 4 wheels, not hundreds
>>
>>34492178
>making assumptions to fit own rhetoric
>supremely austistic
>>
>>34492262
>styrofoam armour

Why are you edgy wannabe psychopaths always so stupid?
>>
>>34492254
Jesus christ it was just an example.

This all could have been avoided if I had just said 'yeah you have a gun, but they have guns too'.
What are you some kind of bullet savant? Only you can shoot accurately past 100m? What kind of stupid do you have to be.

>>34492260
Please read the posts. It was a fuckin' example.

>you shoot someone with your deer rifle
>four other guys go 'they shot otis!' and get their deer rifles
>stand off for days probably resulting in you being shot because there is a limited amount of places for you to fire from, and they have the entirety of the rest of the world to shoot at you from.

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. It's counter sniping 101.
>>
>>34491852
>haha no ill just haul hundreds of pounds of old tires to within 100 yards of people without making any noise haha
>>
>>34492294
Styrofoam creates and extremely lethal gas when burned you jackass...
>>
>>34492303
It was a fucking
e
x
a
m
p
l
e
you retard. way to show everyone how limited your cognitive faculties are.
>>
>>34492297
>stand off for days probably resulting in you being shot because there is a limited amount of places for you to fire from, and they have the entirety of the rest of the world to shoot at you from.

No, I have cover to shoot from while they have a limited range of trees and small terraces to shoot from with no food or water supply
>>
>>34492297
You cannot post retarded things then complain when people assume you are a retard.
>>
>>34492334
>/k/
>>
>>34492167
Yeah, once my trigger conditions are met, I'm on the road. I'm intending to beat most people to the punch on it. Same with a sudden disaster (rather than a societal event), I'll be on the move as soon as there's confirmation.
The "Ambush the school run" plan is, as the other anon stated, an example. The people around here are at least briefly surveyed, and any action would happen with the use of reconnaissance.
>>
>>34492260
30 minutes per tire
do you even watch nascar?
>>
>>34492005
>translation by Michael Fagnon

Sounds legit. Poor bastard joined the army with that name?
>>
>>34492347
Also, I think it would be best to go ahead and eat someone immediately.

Get that taboo out of the way
>>
>>34492297
>>34492330
>it was just an example

It was a stupid example that people rightly criticised.

The main point is that building a giant pile of flammable stuff close to someone's house is not easy and only a moron would waste days collecting the materials to do it. Exposing themselves and wasting supplies in the process.
>>
>>34492331
Your cover means you can only see a specific angle and field of fire. GG.
>>34492334
Please anon, this entire thread has been people thinking theyre going to go Johnathan Rambo against an unknown fighting force of unknown size and unknown strength.

If one off handed example of smoking someone out doesn't make sense to you at least in passing, you will probably end up killing yourself on accident somehow.
>>
>>34491912

I'm going to enjoy turning you into a when you try
>>
>>34492289
Watch every video of rampaging nig nogs reacting to gunfire ever.

They skedaddle. Remember that Dallas shooter guy? Remember how that SEA of blackness suddenly heaved flowed away as quickly as their flip flops and jordans could carry them?
>>
>>34492368
You've seen my setup?

I can see any point outside my main lodging from a given window and I can shoot from back in the room
>>
>>34492331
Let me guess, the highest point of your house? Where people can easily predict and if you're against anyone with guns, will instantly shoot into if they know there is a threat?
>>
>>34492368
No its edgy little shits pretending they are going to turn into raiders the instant something happens and people pointing out how badly that will probably end.
>>
you're all really, really, really, really gay
>>
>>34492260
>Free pile of tires

That made me lol for some reason
>>
File: 1496002305052.jpg (58KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1496002305052.jpg
58KB, 500x707px
This might be the worst thread on 4chan right now.
>>
File: tumblr_ohe3j6tVwC1vt0fxjo1_400.jpg (38KB, 326x294px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohe3j6tVwC1vt0fxjo1_400.jpg
38KB, 326x294px
>>34491796
>trying to be a sniper
>10/22
>>
>>34492422
Get a friend to shoot at you with a 22 from 20 feet away
>>
File: beavis gun nut.jpg (44KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
beavis gun nut.jpg
44KB, 576x432px
>>34492056
>Toilet paper is highly underrated in the habbening
People keep forgetting this. Cigarette lighters, mouth wash, TP for your bunghole... all the little everyday things you never think of and will want most.
>>
File: images(3).jpg (3KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
3KB, 226x223px
>>34491945
>trusting FEMA
>>
>>34491569
I think it's supposed to be an attempt at being both a compliment and a witty remark. People who say stuff like that don't expect SHTF to actually happen and don't see it as the /k/ version of begging someone to sleep on their couch and eat their food while you get your life back on track.
>>
>>34492401

This is /k/ after all.
>>
>>34492411
No shit it attracts all the retards, delusional fags and people who think they can take on anyone else because muh dur rifl
What did you expect.
>>34492422
Are you new here? What are you doing. He said he was waiting on the road to shoot at cars approaching. You dont need to be a 'sniper' to put accurate fire and snuff out a target.
>>
File: 1367130756492.jpg (571KB, 1200x900px)
1367130756492.jpg
571KB, 1200x900px
I think a lot of the people in this thread are forgetting that the preppers they want to fuck with are probably just as edgy and mean as the /k/ommandos that will supposedly use their extra powerful amorality jutsu to out-mean them.

Some of the preppers you will attempt to raid are just as psychopathic as you are except they have defender's advantage and probably autistically picked and loaded themselves out with the perfect firearms to defend their own property.
>>
>>34492248
if they didn't have the common sense to prepare for at least 3 days of no-power/shut-in situations, they're probably going to need to be walked through the most basic shit for survival.
>>
>>34492460
You dont have running water? A stream? river? You can wash your booty anywhere. Leaves, grass, water, news paper, your hand and then rub it on a friends face.... cmah.
>>
>>34492489
If I know most preppers they have only shot out to 50m. People who have actual hunting skills wouldn't be afraid of SHTF because they probably already have the survival skills needed, and dont need to attract any attention.
>>
>>34492483
are you new here?
>10/22
>.22lr, one of the most anemic calibers on the market
>wanting to shoot at a car
have you even seen a gun before?
>>
>>34492460
Also loose tobacco and rolling papers or a cache or cheap cob pipes. Best bet is to not smoke yourself. Sure hard drugs are nice to trade but then you have to deal with people who need hard drugs and haven't had them in a while isn't ideal.

Tons of people want a hit of nicotine and are otherwise functioning people otherwise.

Green coffee is also good to have, sealed properly it'll last pretty much forever and be fresh roasted whenever you roast it.

Alcohol is good too but if shit really hits the fan no one is getting coffee from far off or growing tobacco instead of food unless you live in the tobacco belt
>>
There's a guy at my work that has a few old milsurp guns of his dads and a pretty decent silver collection

Would debate on letting him in
>>
>>34491569
>not having enough disaster supplies for friends and family.

Oh wow it's so hard to stock up a little more on food and water. Enjoy dying alone.
>>
>>34492530

or just shoot him and take his dubloons
>>
>>34492526
>.22lr, one of the most anemic calibers on the market

>What is glass

You know, that thing that covers literally half of a car
>>
>>34492511
Sure you can, you can also live without salt and sugar but you really fucking want some salt and sugar if everything sucks.

People might no see value in gold but see value in not having to wipe with leaves for a change
>>
>>34492526
22lr to the head is still enough to kill. Now shooting out someone in a car is a bit of a stretch, but not impossible.
>>
>>34492544
some of the glass spider-webbing might distract them enough where the might drive off the road for a second, but you'd have better odds sucking them off to death before that .22lr is killing them through a windshield
>>
>I'll just take whatever preppers have
What makes you think you're not the target of someone else? What makes you think you won't be gutted by some opportunist who got there first and spots you setting up? Are you just to savvy for that?
>>
>>34492552
Not just that but you can suppress it with a flash light and steel wool

I mean, supposedly, from what I hear
>>
>>34492583
>he doesn't train in sucking off people to death
You aren't post apocalyptic psycho enough to survive.
>>
>>34492583
>Shooting through the windshield

>From the side of the road

>What is tempered glass

You know, that stuff that makes up literally all the side windows

It's actually designed to shatter into thousands of tiny pieces at the first hard shock
>>
>>34492526
So.... 22 doesnt penetrate glass?...
Also anyone who has ever taken a rifle course or actually experienced it knows to aim low when shooting at windows. 22 is no exception obviously and can penetrate quite well; and again, thanks to its low recoil can provide an experienced shooter with an easy to control low recoil accurate placement of shots.

I dont know what fantasy world you live in when zipping bits of metal dont kill you but count me out.

You're worse than those guys who think they're going to take on a small assault force because they can see 1/5th of their property from some obviously fortified high ground.
>>
>>34492525
I mean if you say so, I'm not denying your personal experience but the only two 'preppers' I know personally are both better shooters and better hunters than I am, and one of them owns a large acreage property with a decent amount of their own livestock that they regularly have to protect from native predators.
>>
File: canted.jpg (691KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
canted.jpg
691KB, 2688x1520px
>>34492599
>be 2012
>me and bf on valentines day
>literally suck his dick the entire day, even dress up every other hour to keep it interesting
>by the end of the day he cant move, cant even stand up, doesnt want food, and insists on smoking cigarettes inside
I dont understand. I do all this for you and you just sit there content like a child with their first gundam toy. Ugh.
>>
File: 1459672624431.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1459672624431.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
I've always found the idea of prepping to be a city mentality. Realistically when I take my pack and rifle innawoods I'm doing the same thing I'd do in a major civilization cataclysm.

Hunting, trapping, living off the land like Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone is the essence of survival. All the fags itt who say
>lel I'm gonna go le psychopath
Are going to be wiped out by a couple mountineers. Sure they may kill or raze a few farms, but pioneers tamed the wild in the 1700's and the same will apply in a disaster
>>
>>34492645
Yeah you're right. I feel like social interaction is a hugely ignored part of this conversation.

But to bring it back, how would you feel if you were out on a run to grab some gas hopefully and one of your buddies got shot from a window. This is where the rambo jackasses come in and say they'll shoot anyone trying to take whats theirs(even if it isnt) and now you're the one aggression instead of defending your 'compound'. Roles can be changed that easily.
>>
>>34492162
>eat their kids before stealing from them
>more food for you and no longer stealing from a family with kids
>>
>>34492658
Well what the fuck did you think was going to happen without him slamming hits of meth to keep up?

No one is going to turn down a fucking blowjob but if you spend all day sucking he's going to be knackered and no want to do much.
>>
File: calvianandjobs.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
calvianandjobs.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
>>34492688
Idk I just assume guys are always good to go... If you play with it a bit and it gets excited, right?
whoah holy shit I think I just realized what rape was...I have to make some phone calls this stopped being funny instantly.
>>
>>34492611
>You're worse than those guys who think they're going to take on a small assault force because they can see 1/5th of their property from some obviously fortified high ground.
projecting: the post
keep playing out your .22lr chris kyle fantasy
>>
>>34492677
Yeah I'd say we're in agreement, other than some super basic non-perishable food, guns, ammo and water enough for a few days, the most important 'prepping' decision I think I've made is that I'm on friendly terms with just about everyone in the neighbourhood.
>>
>>34492716
THIS.
THIS this this this.
If you cant trust your neighbors and community I dont know what to tell you. I have no fear of any of what you retards have been talking about because my neighbors and I have been quality community members to the point of almost self sustainment.

>some random party shows up during SHTF
>I'm the first one to deal with it alone
Fuck off.
>>
>>34491901
>3k of 7.62, 5.56 and some Handgun ammo
>One kevlar
>one plate carrier with all the mods you need
>6 mags for every gun
>3-6 guns
>5 months worth of MRE's
I'd say that's enough, that's my goal at least
>>
>>34492046
Some paper currency can't hurt, I'd say 1k in 20s and lots of money on gold
>>
>>34491863
>wooded terrain
enjoy the shit-covered punji traps

i wouldn't take anything short of a flakturm for long term defense
>>
>>34492141
>"nuh-uh! Kwan tan do can totally beat long dong koon! I know because my dad told me and he's been in the army! He can totally kick your ass too!"

That is literally how you sound right now, like a retarded kid. Summerfags please go.
>>
>>34492792
Not that anon but rambo please, you cannot fight off an assaulting force alone.

ITT delusion
>>
>>34491728
>and eat her bratty kids

Well that got dark
>>
Moral of this thread? Loose lips sink ships, and everyone is a nigger once SHTF.

Shut up, arm up, fortify, survive. Keep your head down or there will be someone who will shoot it off.
>>
>>34491569
It's a compliment you autist. they're weirded the fuck out by your autistic hobby, so they flatter you by saying you're who they would count on in an apocalypse
>>
>>34491569
You larping idiots are lucky I allow this thread to exist.

If you prep, you are a delusional idiot

If you don't, you are a reasonable idiot

NONE of you would last a week without internet, let alone society.

Go play makebelieve on /b/, /k/ is for serious business
>>
>>34492920
>people commenting about how cute a child is
>anon says theyre fags lmao knew i'd get a few ofthem
>you show up to defend pedophiles
Nice work.
>>
>>34492330
>you're dumb for pointing out why my example is retarded
>>
>>34491707
man, you must be hardcore to not cut yourself on all those edges.
>>
>>34491629
>Math's pretty simple, guy.

>"I'm just going to shoot them, there's no chance they'll shoot me!"
>>
>>34492659
>he thinks there will be wild game left!

How embarrassing.
>>
>>34491569
I just skimmed through this thread and have seen that it has devolved into cancerous shit posting by bandits.

You all need to watch Jericho.

One family of preppers against the world is stupid. Even with the collapse of the federal and local government due to whatever is dumb, but so are you lone wolf thieving horny murderous edge lords who think you'll have free reign.

Complete Communism and Anarchy are unatainable.

People will always band together and form tribes and clans with organised security and defence plans for their territories

There will always be governments of some form.
>>
>>34491734
>Assholes like me are why.

Lol this fantasy rp.

Nigga you're 35, live at home, and you work at fuckin Burger King. You're not an unstoppable raiding juggernaut. You're a fucking clown who has orthotics for your fucked up feet and you get winded walking to the fridge.
>>
>>34493012
Not everyone lives in the same area, and there are plenty of live critters from bugs to rodents to normal full sized mammals and fishing.... Cmon anon. Do you not have any hunting or survival skills? I've caught 20 trout in tne minutes with fucking 22 rat shot and a bit of chum.
>>
>>34491874
This.

Hell that show Doomday prepper had an ex confict who can't own guns holding guns on camera saying he'll rob and kill his neighboors.

Didn't end well for him.
>>
>>34492289

He's right though. Group dynamics can mean that each successive individual taking a violent action lowers the threshold for action of the next, but there isn't a hive mind.

Your friends aren't going to zerg rush someone after the first one or two start crying out because they get hit. And the first time any of them see a sucking chest wound they'll nope the fuck out.
>>
>>34491569
>Why do you own guns
>Lol i don't need any of that, if SHTF I'll just come to your house, you have all the stuff
>mfw this is why I need guns
>>
>>34491901
Three months of food, water, salt, alcohal vitamins, soap, fuel, batteries, CLP, paper products, medicine, ammo and medicine for three people.

You'll be well prepared for any disaster and any more will be ridicules.

Really if you min/max and are space efficient and organized, it should all fit in one normal sized pick up truck.
>>
>>34491921
I'd say a Ruger 10/22 autoloading rifle, a Ruger American rimfire bolt action (both use sam magazine), a GP100 22lr and a mossberg 590A1
>>
>>34492505
So what. If they're not going to try and rape, steal, or kill you or other people you're with. I'd just flat out tell them they have to help pull some weight around there if they wanna stay. Would be a lot of chores to do around, and lots of idle time to explain stuff.
>>
>>34492551
What the fuck? You literally need salt to live.
>>
>>34493197
This.

In the community that ends up forming around neighborhoods there's still a need for people to do basic manual labor, cleaning, and entertainment (story telling, singing, music etc.).

In the long run (because people will start grouping together for safety and pooling of resources) the guy with a library is almost as valuable as the guy who knows how to can food and make preserves/jams.
>>
>>34491588
always one person who comes in here to be an edgy asshole and wave his dick around
>>
>>34493219
Salt is a vital mineral for everyday life our you'll get goiters and your system will go out of wack. And then eventually you'll die.

That anon should read Alas Babylon.
>>
>>34493219
The salt you can glean from plants and animals can get you by, won't be fun but people can live off a lot less salt than they currently do.
>>
ITT: Autism the thread
>>
File: 238534379.jpg (31KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
238534379.jpg
31KB, 300x224px
>>34491863
You have no clue what kind of climate or the lay of the land your walking into.
Assuming you survive the natives, wildlife and the sameness of a barren pine forest with constant overcast skies and days that can last up to 11pm or the water thatll make you shit yourself to death.
Oh and don't forget the nights that can get to -55 not including a windchill.
But somehow in your little fantasy world I'll be lured out and you'll ninja kill me.
Folks still stumble across dead campers from years ago.
>>
>>34492005
https://archive.org/details/SsWerwolfCombatInstructionManual

enjoy
>>
>>34491874
99% of people on /k/ and that talk about "prepping" think it's gonna be like a videogame and they're going to run around and loot and shoot bandits and shit

most likely it will just suck and you won't have food

people are retarded
>>
>>34491569
>Not a prepper
>Have some basic "bug out" shit
>Have customer who is a prepper
>Tells me to come over if shit hits the fan because military experience
>Always discount him because he's basically invited our whole company (we only have 10 employees) if shit hits the fan
>Boss always gets mad there's $75 missing from his bill
>"But boss, he's offered us safety. All we do is kill bugs for him. He's gonna save our lives one day"

Nice guy. He has an entire vault built. He's given me the grand tour. My favorite part is the random bust of Bruce Campbell his son made that sits in the center of what he calls the common area.

I think the only thing he doesn't have is weapons. Says he can only save not kill.
>>
>>34491707
And there's the ones like me.
>No family that I care about whatsoever
>Pre-made bunker hidden innawoods, regularly czeched/tested, enough supplies to last 6-odd months, even acceptable for harsh Syrup winters
>Nothing written down, only info about the bunker is in my head, not even my closest friends know anything about it
>Ex-Infantry, practice with my guns regularly
>No warning whatsoever, once conditions are met, it's off to the bunker. All my basic SHTF kit is in my vehicle, so I don't need to go home, I can zip off at any time
So there. Unless you single me out specifically (and why would you? Externally, I'm a normie) and trail me for at least a month, day in and day out, you won't get anything. And the site is secluded enough that you won't be trailing me without my noticing. Gg no re.
>>
>>34492583
>22lr
>Will only cause spider webbing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFvrqCG118
>>
Prepping as a concept is a fantasy trap people fall into that generally find their own lives to be insignificant and distasteful. Fantasizing about how the world will be, though it is inherently unpredictable, becomes a mental refuge for men whom are generally feel powerless in the careers or lives in general. It's worth spending money on prep supplies because this encourages the fantasy. "life will be so amazing when everyone is counting on me." "women will throw themselves at me when I have the only means of survival", "men will respect me when they finally have no other choice"
These are the sad thoughts of the prepper. The people that are achieving today are the same that will be achieving in the event of some terrible event.
>>
>>34491707
>For a quick example, I'd lay up by their home, cut a tree or otherwise lay an impediment over the entrance to the property and when they come back from picking their kids up out of school I'll light the car up.

I have this mental image of some regular dude with a gun rolling up on a fat neckbeard struggling to cut down a small tree to block his path, swiping his old beat up SKS that he laid on the ground because it was too heavy, and giving him the finger as he drives the rest of the way to his house while the neckbeard "raider" REEEEEEEEEEES about coming back with his friends.

Thanks.
>>
>>34491707
Of all the retarded shit I've seen on here, this is in the top ten most retarded.
>>
>>34492167

You retard. He was saying that his kids might be in school when shit starts
>>
>>34493594
>You retard. He was saying that his kids might be in school when shit starts

And you're a retard for not realizing that anything that is going to result in a total societal collapse will likely cause local government functions to cease before it gets to the point of people raiding each other for food.

It's likely that their kids' school will be closed. If you're murdering a dude and his kids for his food before the schools close then you're less of a "raider" and more just a murderer who's likely to encounter the police when someone sees you waste their neighbor.
>>
>>34492162
>>stealing food from families with kids
fuck those kids
>>
>>34492225

That's a whole lot shit you'd have to move, likely within rifle range. Your idea is retarded
>>
>>34493480
>hey, just that the fat guy who worked at Wal-Mart?
>yeah
>didn't he try to cut down a tree before?
>yep, got a gun for it
>what's he doing with that tire?
>I have no idea
>he seems pretty tired
>no shit, he's been working at rusty lugnuts for hours after trying to light up a bag of packing peanuts
>should we shoot him?
>we could
>or we could ride up and take his 10/22

Adventures of apocalypse psycho should be a new thing.
>>
>>34491629
You have about a 50/50 chance of that working out for you. Assuming that you understand you're talking about assaulting a prepared position and plan/act accordingly.

If you stick to the morons who announce to all and sundry that they're preppers, your success rate will go way up. You'll also find out that they weren't really preppers. Plus, your chance of getting shot by some other unimaginative fuck with the same idea as yours goes through the roof.

You're a self solving problem.
>>
>>34491694
>You have to sleep sometimes

An investment of about $1K and a few weekends will get you a very discreet security/surveillance system that starts at about 1/4 mile out from your property line.
>>
>>34491787
Get that sensible shit outta here. You'll ruin the LARPing.
>>
>>34493229
I told that to some people on another board. If they wanna fight over stuff in shtf at least do something productive than being a bandit, go defend your local library from vandals. If the internet went down stuff we know is only going to come from people that memorized it, or books. The library would be a hidden treasure gem people would destroy for ignorant fun. If you just wanna go draw a line in the sand for pointless fighting at least try to keep your community and valuable stuff in it intact when you do it. Library is probably too big of a building for one person to take over though so it'd be a good hang out spot to maybe meet other people but not store stuff or live in it unless you had a few homies.
>>
>>34491970
I don't know why the steal from and murder prepper fags think they're so smart. I guess it speaks to how many leeches live in modern society.

And for epeen sake, I am a combat veteran and I have killed men.
>>
>>34492046

Because it's a lot more likely that SHTF equates to becoming like venezuela or post-soviet eastern europe than The Purge.
>>
>>34493715
>You're a self solving problem.
On a long enough timeline, all problems are.
And yeah, I fully admit that an actual hardened site would present an unwarranted danger. Lucky for me they're few and far between.
>>
>>34493267
lol all the crazy murder rape happy paranoid freaks all fuck off into the woods and start being degenerate backwood freaks trying to survive

normal people stick around their homes and just adapt to not having consistent electricity and luxury items that use it

crazy woods people survive lord of the flies crawl out of the woods dirty covered in dirt, blood, cum, get shot by terrified locals that stayed around as if everything was normal
>>
>>34492359
Do you even know how they bust off tires? Pneumatic tools, which require compressors, which require power and a method to move it all. Easy if you have a large, noisy and obvious work truck.
>>
>>34492178
And if they're kith and kin they won't act so fearful. If your plan relies on your opponent making it easy for you I wouldn't count on a high success rate.
>>
File: 20170709_151003.jpg (3MB, 2231x1618px) Image search: [Google]
20170709_151003.jpg
3MB, 2231x1618px
>>34493791
Im one of the locals anon...
>>
>>34493763
>Peace time
I spend more money on useful pursuits, and thus gain success (Obligatory where do I think I'm posting jokes ensue)
>SHTF
I take the fruit of others labour and thus gain success.

And on the veteran front: welcome to the club.
>>
>>34492046
Why would people abandon us currency? I'd be apprehensive about bills but I'd take coins. The amount of effort it'd take them to haul them would prove they're on the level and if they have a way to carry more than what they're bringing and want to buy it'd be mighty suspicious and spottable well before they get there.
>>
>>34493840
Don't come around here if you know what's good for you.
>>
>>34493800
I don't watch nascar but yeas i know they use impact wrenches. I kind of work around vehicles. I'm just saying as a gold standard NASCAR is basically unbeatable for that. If I were going to judge how quickly it could get taken off I would say that's the absolute basic minimum speed someone could do it. 30 minutes lol. Even if shit hit the fan the battery on the car is possibly alive, if they the tools to do that they likely have a power inverter that could work off a car battery to run an impact wrench. Even someone that hasn't done any of that stuff but knows how to hook up that tool to a power source could pull a tire off in less than a minute. They don't even need to jack it up or put it on bricks just unfastening the bolts if you didn't notice you'd try to drive and it'd pop off assuming they didn't bash the window and steal the battery or just had their own battery, then the pire tops off and you either fucked your shit up good and try to fix it or get frustrated doing it on your own and abandon it and they can take their time doing it however they want. Assuming you're not paranoid about getting jacked while fixing it.
>>
>>34493699
>Strolling through woods one day
>Looking for some deer meat to take back to camp
>Heavy panting in the distance
>Look over the ridge
>Fat man with machete slowly running out of gas and begins to tire down
>Stroll on down to him
>Offer him shelter
>Suddenly hear a loud "REEEEE" escape from his mouth
>More lard asses come over the hill
>"Oh fuck there's a heard"
>Lard ass in the middle falls
>The other lard asses begin to trip over him
>Suddenly large pile up of blobs Rolling down the hill
>Closest lard ass begins ripping off his shirt for battle
>Kick him in balls and take his supplies
>Go back to camp
>Check his bags
>Enough Twinkies and ding dongs to feed camp for dinner
>Nice
>>
>>34491901
if you have a gun and ammo, you can just take stuff like this >>34493123 from nogunz
>>
File: 1497896200692.jpg (855KB, 2688x1520px)
1497896200692.jpg
855KB, 2688x1520px
>>34491707

>implying you're going to be able to get a loaded rifle through a police/NG checkpoint on the way to loot a chain saw from home depot to cut the tree down
>>
>>34493829
Hope you got a good alibi then. In countries that don't mobs beat up people accused of things into a pulp then cover them in accelerant and light them up.
>>
>>34494257
>living in niggervilles
>>
If you don't study real world social collapse where SHTF is perfectly normal you are too stupid to survive.

Militias survive. Tribes survive. They are teams. If you want to survive it will be in cooperation with a team of similar humans to which you can contribute much, much more than pulling a trigger.

Can you:
Drive a shallow well without any sophisticated tools. and repair and maintain a basic pitcher pump?
Repair cars and trucks including knowing what to scavenge from vehicles which may not be your brand?
Weld, including oxy-acetylene which needs no external power?
Repair and maintain generators, farm machinery etc?
Perform basic mill and lathe operation? (Manual tools will survive.)
Perform basic wound care?
Set up a water cistern from scavenged parts? (Rain water is valuable, which is why you see rain barrels in old farm photographs.)
Build a basic septic tank from cement block?

Survival takes a lot of work, but you need knowledge and skill and practice to do it.

SHTF would leave abundant materials, but can YOU put them to effective use?
>>
>>34494257
Why would i need an alibi?
I live in a village and everyone knows who i am except new comers and we're a friendly bunch. Owning guns and having to live off the land in some way or another is pretty normal
We only got internet a few years ago before that we had to go to the next town thats further south to get a connection on anything but satellite phones...
>>
File: 13.jpg (123KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
123KB, 620x877px
>>34491569>>34491601
>>34491605

I always tell them they are welcome only if they wear a French maid outfit 24/7 and be my personal buttslut. I aint even gay.
>>
>>34491796
Defending against a 10/22 would require a leather jacket or the cheapest ballastic vest you could find.
>>
>>34491901
>So, what is the correct amount of preparedness?

>realistically

A rifle or shotgun for every adult household member and 200 rounds per person
4WD vehicle with enough storage to carry your household, and an extra tank worth of gasoline kept in jerry cans.
2 weeks worth of dried or canned food per person.
2 weeks worth of any vital medications for diabetes/heart conditions
1 week of water, 2 weeks worth of water purification tablets and a portable filtration system.
Tent and sleeping bags for everyone.
Backpacks for everyone.
Advanced first aid kit and training to treat broken bones and suture.
A supply of antibiotics
Crutches

If you live somewhere with cold winters (snow on the ground), then your vehicle should be stocked with equipment to survive an accident/failure for 1-2 days, with thermal blankets at least. Your home should have a fireplace or generator with enough fuel to power it for a week.

If you cannot justify what you have as "we buy in bulk", "we like camping", "we're worried about an earthquake/flood/power outage during winter" if someone asks, then you're going to make yourself a target for retards that think they can just knock off preppers. Even if it's a really delusional idea- pretty likely to just get shot by police or NG, or robbed yourself, you don't want unwanted attention.

Most disasters are going to be over shortly, and "prepping" is really just defending yourself from people that want to take advantage of the temporary pandemonium to loot, and keeping yourself and your family comfortable. If you really care about just keeping your family safe during an imminent natural disaster (widespread forest fire, flooding etc), then a reliable 4WD vehicle with spare gas and a couple firearms are the most important things- toss as much in it as you can and hit the road to somewhere safer. Realistic SHTF scenarios are regional in nature, so you really only need to get to somewhere safer- your house might get ransacked but you're alive.
>>
>>34491569
They're dumb and shirk personal responsibility. That or they're dumb and are in denial that their life might one day get harder.
Which is kind of the same thing.
>>34491574
What is autistic about having things you already use, just having more in case it becomes more difficult to obtain them?
It's more autistic to think that nothing bad will ever happen.
and even more to think the government will help you.
>>34491901
Six months minimum. It's isn't hard.
>>34491912
You are literally going to be the first person to die.
People who are prepared, or even just afraid, will know you are immoral and will gladly kill you preemtively.
And you're assuming you will know who is prepared and that they, for some reason, won't be prepared for people taking their things.
Sounds mighty retarded.
But then again, if you weren't retarded, you'd just prepare yourself.
>>34491601
You mean cash/brass/ass.
>pic related
>>34491605
Wow, a worthless whore who will offer you nothing and leech off of you.
Good thing you aren't spending your time cultivating a relationship with a moral woman who has some sort of usable skill.
>>
>>34491569
>Friend who knows I prep

You told another human being you're a paranoid (we all know it's reasonable paranoia but they don't) nut who has all the supplies he needs when his fridge and sink don't work?

Bad tactics.
>>
>"I am a doomsday prepper!"
>person tries to figure out if your insane or just autistic
>person decides to be nice to you so you don't feel insecure about your hobby
>"hehe alright anon, good for you. I'll totally know who to talk to in case of doomsday"
>"y-you too"
>runs to 4chan
>>34491569
>>
>>34492715
>what is shooting twice
First shot and there is no longer any side window glass. Second shot through the head.
>>
File: 1440654767714.jpg (195KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1440654767714.jpg
195KB, 798x770px
>>34494755

>armed with my dads .22lr (only firearm he'll let me use) and trained over 6 months of posting on a mongolian head lice forum, my SHTF plan is to headshot preppers in moving vehicles and steal their gear
>>
>>34491569
I always tell them they better bring some food, ammo or be a hot ass bitch or it's shoot on sight

Usually wipes the smile off their normie fucking faces
>>
>>34492489
I remember this guy chase or whatever was a MEPS reject
>>
>>34493997
I do work on vehicles, alone with hand tools it takes about 5 minutes per tire if you pick the vehicle up enough to get it off. With air tools I'd say average is a minute with lifting up to take off, remember they want to keep these tires for burning and you definitely aren't getting a tire out from under a car without a jack.
>>
>>34491569
Oh don't be so facetious, you want to bang their teenaged sister/daughter.

Besides, how do you know they haven't prepped too? Maybe they have and everyone knows humans survive by banding together. They may be looking for like-minded people, not some nut who wants to hole up like some rat.
>>
>>34491728
The problem with hunter-gather plans is that everyone else who has a bow & arrow, rifle and a 5 gallon bucket will be doing it too. They will not conserve, but will instead kill as much as they can believing there will be more available once they run out.
>>
>>34494335
I'm sure mobs felt the same when they did that. Don't hear as much about nato cracking down on it as much as you hear it happening.
>>
>>34494942

Why are people still talking about it?

It's obviously a completely unrealistic idea since it would take hundreds of hours to remove that many tires from that many wheels, or it would mean moving several thousand tons worth of wheels to smoke someone out without getting shot in the process.

Sure, someone prepping probably doesn't have the manpower to protect the supplies they've hoarded, but it's also equally indicative of how delusional "lol just kill preppers" fags are.
>>
>>34494656
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>34493033
Kek this. Love dumb faggots that pretend they're the next Lord Humungus.
>>
>>34495110
Why is this thread even a thing to begin with? It's been debated 9001 times over.
>>
>>34495110
>It's obviously a completely unrealistic
Well yes of course. It's unrealistic because we have police enforcement to retaliate. It's not perfect, they can't catch everyone, and they can't always fix what's broken. It's a huge step away from deterring and punishing the things that go wrong that it's the only thing that stops it from getting worse. You shouldn't have to argue it with anyone that an ignorant ancap faggot that doesn't quite understand but it's a much more widespread opinion.
>>
>>34495110
Why is time a factor?
If they've got a fortified position, it's not like you only have a day or two to run them off. You can take your time building shit up out of sight.

Or, you could just, you know, steal a fuckload of de-mounted tires from a junkyard.
>>
>>34495142
>ou shouldn't have to argue it with anyone that an
isn't an
>>
>>34491569
>I don't want to have to kill you.
That's what you say whenever someone makes the joke.
>haha if shit hits the fan I'm coming to your house
>haha in all seriousness, I don't want to have to kill you. please don't.
>>
>>34491707
The one thing I remember about this show, aside from the one loon who rigged Vietcong traps around his isolated land using his shovels, was that a majority of the people they had on the show home-schooled their kids.
>>
>>34493791
This. Up here in my neck of Canada, it'd be
Summer:
>Stay in your house is likely, bugging out to innawoods is also likely, maybe 50/50. Weather is warm enough that even normies could handle it for a good stretch
Winter:
>Stay in house as long as possible, bugging out only when absolutely necessary, and only if you have good kit and the means/location to set up a camp. Likely scores of unprepared idiots die from cold

I have the means, kit, milfag experience (Infantry), and know-how, but a winter bug-out up here would still suck hard.
>>
/k/ is full of would-be bandits... I'm disappointed.
>>
>>34495215
Yeah until your friend that had a perceived slight decides it's time to settle up when he knows you're vulnerable.
>>
>>34495261
>244
>96
More like an edgy samefag. Guys like this always show up in prepper threads because their shtick always gets replys
>>
because they don't want responsibility.
>>
File: 1493542079706.jpg (236KB, 694x958px) Image search: [Google]
1493542079706.jpg
236KB, 694x958px
preppers are silly. the most likely thing is that will happen is that nothing will happen and you will have needed that money for retirement. The next most likely things that will happen is that you will lose your job and you will have needed that money to live off of while you find a new one. The next most likely is a natural disaster and you will need that money to pay for a hotel for a few weeks cause you pay attention to the news and weather and got your family out of town and are waiting for your insurance check to come in. Farther down the list is war, in which case you should join the military and fight to protect your homeland from invasion and requires no preps beyond keeping yourself in shape and shooting a few times a year. Near the end of the list is economic collapse in which case it will be a slow crawl over a decade. You will see more and more people with vegetable gardens in middle class neighborhoods, then a few years later these people will start keeping chickens or rabbits, maybe you see them loading up the family van to go camping or hunting for a weekend, etc. Buying a bunch of canned food and .22lr bricks because you think one day its normal and the next its going to be walking dead is the new form of idiot tax some merchants have seized upon.
>>
File: 1471117815507.gif (885KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1471117815507.gif
885KB, 250x189px
>why do you carry a flashlight anon?! that's so weird
>a few days later
>hey anon, can I borrow your flashlight?
>>
>>34491569
>Have a friend who tells me all about his prepping plans
>"Wow buddy, I guess we're all coming to your house if the shit hits the fan"
>Our mutual friends all laugh and agree, he brags to us some more about his canned food and above ground swimming pool for water storage.
>Tells us about his "back-up" in his parents cabin
>I don't tell them about my own plans at all because I'm not an idiot
>Make a mental note to swing by the cabin a few months after he's dead to pick up my free cans

Why can't preppers exercise basic opsec?
>>
>>34491763
Yeah, it's stupid to have a fire extinguisher because you can just call the fire department, and it's autism personified to have a first aid kit because you can just go to the ER. Spare tires are pointless because tow trucks are a thing. Bottled water is useless because drinking fountains are in public buildings.

And so on.
>>
>>34495473
exactly, humans have built so much infrastructure and have installed so many check, balances and redundancies that you dont need to worry about anything. Help is always a phone call away.
>>
>>34492748
go with dehydrated long term food, better, cheaper, and lasts much longer.
>>
>>34491852
>they choke to death from the burning plastic and rubber over the course of 3 days.

Or they took the time and effort to stock up on the $35 worth of respirator cartridges it would take to protect against airborne particulates. The only thing your signal fire does is let them know that there's an extra chromosome in the neighborhood.
>>
File: 1365722534202.jpg (30KB, 297x223px)
1365722534202.jpg
30KB, 297x223px
>>34491569

Every poor fag thinks he's gonna be Rambo against a bunch of prepper war veterans and grandpa hickock45's.

Anyone who doesn't prep and has their mindset just needs to die quietly in their trailer like the rest of the trash.
>>
>>34493898

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

It either a local disaster, so society is coming back in a few weeks/months and you're going to want as much dosh as you can get in bills or otherwise, or society itself had collapsed and no currency will ever be of value ever again.
>>
>>34495597
How much longer? I've seen this guy on YouTube eat MRE's from the Vietnam era and he's still not dead.
>>
>>34491863
>You vs Me, wooded terrain, I choose rate of engagement,

Doesn't work that way, Corky. You don't get to choose the terrain, nor the environment. Or the number of defenders, or the amount of support they have.

You're as big a LARPer as the doomday prepper types you seem to think the world is populated with.
>>
File: 1477008345740.jpg (59KB, 311x488px) Image search: [Google]
1477008345740.jpg
59KB, 311x488px
I live on a rural road in a super low population density farm area. Google car has never been down my street kinda rural. Everybody here knows everybody. Strangers are watched. One road into the community. I got 5 bros who are invited to my ranch if SHTF, two are combat vets and one's a state trooper. Guy two houses over is a tab and scroll ranger, I go to his BBQs and watch his dogs when they go on vacation. There's about 1000 people in the township but it sounds like a warzone in the evenings with all the target shooting. Good fucking luck, raider bro. Do me a favor and have some interesting shit that I can pick off your corpse.
>>
>>34495159
>Why is time a factor?

Because you're spending resources to mount your little operation?

Doing anything like this costs time, fuel, and energy (calories). Unless you know they have enough food and supplies to recoup the resources you spent to conduct your raid, it isn't worth the investment, period. There's always the risk that you're spotted scoping out the property and just shot by a homeowner that isn't taking chances.

You can add onto that the risk of getting arrested or shot by police/military or rival gangs as you move around. Even if access to emergency services will be limited, it's not like those factors will just disappear altogether, and under a martial law situation it's pretty unlikely anyone is going to shed a tear if car full of armed bandits gets lit up by .50 cal.

Then, you can take the risk and cost of raiding someones compound, and weigh it against what you might gain robbing markets, smuggling, kidnapping, extortion etc. like most criminals do in underdeveloped parts of the world.
>>
>>34495861
Steve is a freak of nature and has incredible luck.
>>
>>34495881
Little bit of a brokeback mountain 2 vibe coming across from you there.
>>
>>34495994
I'd say no homo but this is /k/
>>
>>34495955
Kek, he ate a molded as fuck chocolate from WW O N E
Fucking insane guy.
>>
>>34496174

He ate a cracker from 1863.
>>
>>34495285
>Friends
What friends? I have liquor, firearms, motorcycles, milsurp and shitposting. Who needs other people?
>>
You can't be so autistic that you think they seriously mean it do you anons? It's the same level of people who joke about going to your house if the zombies attack.
>>
File: 1433045626381.png (77KB, 251x259px) Image search: [Google]
1433045626381.png
77KB, 251x259px
>>34491569
>buy giant containers to store water and nonperishable food
>"well I gotta put it somewhere safe"
>build a large reinforced shed in my yard to keep it all in
>"well I gotta be able to protect it from everyone else who didn't prepare"
>buy multiple firearms and train family how to use them
>"well gotta have a place for the family to live since the house won't survive most types of natural disasters"
>start constructing an underground bunker
where does it end /k/
>>
>>34491901
>So, what is the correct amount of preparedness?

Whatever you're comfortable with. Look at the types of disasters and events that can happen in your area. Prep for those.

There are 6 things that you need to be ready to provide for you and yours- food, water, shelter, security, medical care, and communications. Prep accordingly.
>>
>>34496412
There is no end. You can keep preparing or you can accept your fate and stop now.
Those are the choices.
>>
>>34492005
Yes lets follow the single most succesful and competent movement of WWII. We all know about the long string of victories and triumphs SS Werwolf inflicted on their enemies.
>>
>>34492330
How much longer are you going to try to defend your dumb ass example? We get it, your scenario still stands.
>>
File: the-shire-hdr.jpg (103KB, 825x547px) Image search: [Google]
the-shire-hdr.jpg
103KB, 825x547px
>>34496412
it ends here old boy, in the shire
>>
>>34493768
>Lucky for me they're few and far between.

And conveniently marked with solar powered neon warning signs, so you know exactly which places to avoid.
>>
>>34494167
Why the fuck would a person have ammo without guns?
>>
>>34495075
And why would i have a mob coming after me? Are you high?
>>
>>34496940
I think he thinks you are bandit anon
>>
>>34496412
Asteroid shield. It won't work for a supernova, but that's where I drew the line.
>>
>>34496951
But im nice i wouldnt kill anyone out of malice.
>>
File: IMG_3636.jpg (243KB, 618x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3636.jpg
243KB, 618x640px
>>34491588
>let's go to the guy and his family who will likely shoot me for trying to murder them
>instead of just looting the local grocery and equipment shops for likely better results

It's like you're sub-nigger. Even nogs are smart enough to go for path of least resistance.
>>
>>34491707
I can't tell which one makes you more autistic and retarded, assuming all preppers are the same or that you assume someone is going to be out to get their kids and not at their home ready to take a shot.

Have a (You).
>>
>>34497464
Yknow, for a board that pretty much everyone agrees universally hates niggers, /k/ sure has a lot of people who act JUST like niggers.
I'm beginning to think they just don't want the competition in SHTF than any sort of moral stance against being a nigger.
>>
>>34497569
Most of /k/ are normies pretending to be anything else though.
>>
>>34493766
>Venezuela
Oh, so cash is still useless
>>
>>34497598
>most of /k/ are normies
Maybe nu-/k/ redditors imported fresh from /r/The_Donald. The /k/ I know is mentally fucked in 12 different ways and each of those ways hates at least one or two of the other mental fuckings.
>>
>>34492544
>What is love?
Baby don't hurt me no more....
>>
>>34497621
This. Healthy people don't make cum brownies for meetings.
>>
>>34495405
Sturgeon's law. 90% of anything the general public does is shit.

Just like there is a small minority of actual quality posters who make quality posts on this board, there is a small minority of people who are actually serious about prepping. Who keep their shit wired tight, have their small list of people they know and trust to be worthwhile in SHTF and keep the secret, have stocked their end of the world bunkers way the fuck off in the middle of nowhere, spend time learning valuable skills, and have multiple bugout plans.

The rest do it as a social positioning thing, lack the means to buy land and then stock it with supplies, are fucking around or just plain aren't competent enough to pull it off.
>>
>>34497679
>Perpetuating this myth

That was the best troll ever, a week later the guy showed the rest of the shots showing the condensed milk
>>
>>34491569

why do you think it's acceptable to let people know you prep?
>>
>>34491569
Your fault for advertising your power level
>>
>>34492107
>Imagine having a cavity in a SHTF scenario
If you aren't eating foods with added sugar, you should be fine just flossing.
>>
>>34492316
Most Styrofoam isn't pure polystyrene any more.
>>
File: browning_a5_police8rd.jpg (9KB, 650x135px) Image search: [Google]
browning_a5_police8rd.jpg
9KB, 650x135px
>>34492707
>delete this
>>
>>34492411
I doubt that. Look what happens when /k/ bleeds into /ck/
>>>/ck/9146219
>>
>>34491812
>Not prepping to counter the possible attack based on the misinformation you told about your prepping in 2k17.
>>
>>34492900
>4chan
>serious business
Kek. Let's get our meeting about dragon dildoes started, guys. Burning daylight.
>>
My friend and I are both "prepared".

We also took in to account a few neighbors that are no guns but have useful skills. The one couple is interesting. The wife is a prepper and the husband isn't. She gardens and cans food but is pretty anti gun.

He figures the govt will provide. But he's great with small engines and is an old school pot head.

We decided we'll look after those two.
>>
>>34495839
>no currency will ever be of value ever again
Have you ever played Fallout?
>>
>>34492659
Not really

They struggled against indians in the 1700s, who got wiped out by plague, but for that it was a status quo punctuated by small wars, and so not due to frontiersmen.

Bandits thrive in lawless/ loose societies, the big tough mountaineers are just men and they have distractions and cares, they cant wipe out all the bands of bandits, equally the bandits cant wipe out every village or farmhouse.
>>
>>34496412
>buy large plot of land outside of city
>build linked Monolithic Domes
>your primary home and SHTF plan have now merged
>spend rest of days improving home with blast doors, food production, air scrubbers, etc the way suburbanites plant new decor trees and paint fences
>other MD on ranchland belonging to prepper families you are close to (and may have sexual relationships with)
>have small apartment in city for being urban and normal, with urban bug-out-motorbike standing by to whisk you away to your main homestead

I've got the allied families, we've all got our basic urban/suburban prepper sets, I'm working on building a real estate empire so we can purchase the ranchland and build our confederacy sometime in the next decade. We pool our resources for things like perimeter security, food and energy farming, etc. Even if there isn't a Happening in our lives, we will have a common fortress so our future generations will always be ready. We live in one of the most prepper-friendly areas in the US, the entire city and countryside is full of others like us.
>>
>>34494482
>Aren't cultivating a relationship
Who said I'm not doing that too?
>>
>>34491707
Assuming you even know who preps. The first rule of SHTF preparedness is to not let anyone know that you're prepared. Otherwise retarded faggots like you will try to take their shit.
>>
>>34501366
So basically, the first rule of prepping is do not talk about prepping
>>
>>34493105
Chick said this to me at work. I laughed and said she'd be shot, and if she lives, she's gonna sell her body to pay for the ammo I used to shoot her (I have tremors.)

I no longer work there.
>>
File: aww sheit.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
aww sheit.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>34492046
its a euphemism for something of value in this particular instance your dense fuck. Kids really should be in school year round until they can test out
>>
>>34495861
>Nice.
>>
I'm european from the zero-funs part of europe. My shitty STHF group would consist of
>a /pol/ack who shoots handguns and .22s
>a guy who knows a little about outdoor surviving (nothing really serious, would probably withing two days without resources). He also has a nice house with a well. No guns, but has a bow.
>a nerd who does ninjutsu and has weeb swords at home. No guns, probably a bow.
>a couple of nurses (probably zero exp in an operating room nor in traumatology). No guns
>me (I sometimes shoot clay pidgeons, also have a bolt action .22)

It's stil better than what the 90% of the country has, but I think it won't be enough. I know I know, I'll kill myself when the towelheads conquer the country.
>>
>>34491970
>when its clear
If there's a timeframe where the former society w/ police, law and order are restored. Don't you think killing a family is a little much you fucking psychopath, glad to know you'd commit murder for something so litle.
>>
>>34492046
Roll it up and snort a line of coke off the ass of my 12 year old whore.
>>
>>34493257
>Salt is a vital mineral for everyday life our you'll get goiters

Lack of Iodine gives you goiters. Most people get their iodine via iodized salt, which does not include any of the specialized sea salt, pink salt, black salt etc shit people buy these days.

Really you just need sodium so your sodium-potassium pumps will work but most people forget to stock up on bananized salt.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.