[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

name one downside of this armor protip:you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: moro armor full set.jpg (87KB, 523x949px) Image search: [Google]
moro armor full set.jpg
87KB, 523x949px
name one downside of this armor

protip:you can't

plated mail is best
>>
>>34488764
No neck protection
>>
>>34488764
Butted rings a shit.
A shit, I tell you.
>>
*Maille

Mail is what they work with at the post office.

Also, maille is flexible causing blunt trauma to be quite effective. You might not get cut, but you could still get bone fractures or internal bleeding.

And weight distribution with maille is less efficient if you compare it to plate armour.
>>
>>34488764
can be defeated by a large electro magnet
>>
>>34488814
dammit!
>>
>>34488764
blunt weapons
>>
You can still easily be beaten to death with a club or blunt weapon, which was the primary weapon of old'e times, and you'd know that if you read a fucking book and stopped getting your historical knowledge from hollywood.
>>
>>34488865
umm actually, it's from HBO
>>
File: 1497692253405.jpg (62KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1497692253405.jpg
62KB, 600x750px
>people still don't realize that the vast majority of fighters were drafted peasants with cobbled together clubs, farming tools, knives, and boiling pots of animal fat
>people still don't realize that professional soldiers with armor, spears, and swords were quite rare

I wish movies didn't exist
>>
Doesn't even look like it could stop 9mm tbdesu.
>>
the ones with only the belly having plates looks really ugly
>>
lindybeige pls
>>
File: 1498064914959.jpg (117KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498064914959.jpg
117KB, 400x600px
>>34488865
There's piss all that will adequately protect you from a mace, so on that score, you need to take the blow on your shield.

I defy you to find a suit of wearable armour, modern or otherwise, that will absorb a blow from a mace without any damage to the wearer.

As for OP, I don't like open face helms. Just leaves an obvious target, your damn face.
>>
>>34488764
lamallar is better.
>>
>>34488764
>Get bludgeoned by mails/clubs
>Get pierced by longbows or even worse, some peasants with crossbows
>>
>>34488886
Thats a pure Hollywood fiction post. You are one dumb piece of shit and you don't know jackshit about history.
Sorry, but thats how it is.
>>
>>34488875
TEH ONE TRUE KING!
>>
>>34488865
Spears were actually the most common weapon in pre-gunpowder armies my man, and even then there were a lot of men with pike and halberd. Also, the whole point of the socket bayonet was to give gunpowder infantry a weapon for stopping cavalry.

If you're a footman of any type you want something long and stabby, otherwise, enjoy getting trampled by heavy cav.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.