[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My buddy just joined the air force. He's 30 years old and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 124265476.jpg (17KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
124265476.jpg
17KB, 380x253px
My buddy just joined the air force. He's 30 years old and says he's going to do some sort of military intelligence stuff. He has his bachelors degree but I'm not sure if he's going to be an officer or not.

What's his military life going to be like? In b4 chair force.
>>
>>34487315
Fake and gay
Sage
>>
30's a bit old to enlist, just about right to be an officer though. Plus it's the AF, so long as he's not a complete window-licker he should be fine.
>>
>>34487334
Window licker? Air force enlistment standards are highest out of all the branches.
>>
>>34487334
He's smart as hell and got in the 90s on the ASVAB, he's just always been really lazy. Like you know that smart guy who could do awesome stuff if he tried? That's him pretty much. He's at bootcamp in san antonio right now. I wanted his address so I could send him a top gun flight suit while he was at boot but he suspected i was up to something and didn't give it to me.
>>
>>34487315

You'll be fine, OP.
>>
>>34487348
Surprisingly the Coast Guard is. Even if you do say the Marine Corps bootcamp you have to do the CG bootcamp. Whereas if you were to join any other branch you wouldn't need to do so.
>>
>>34487315
My buddy was in the Army and he once underwent some kind of two-month training that included Marines and the Navy. He told me that everyone hated Navy people. Reason being that Army guys woke up at 0500 and did PT for an hour before having class start at 0700. Marines did the same thing except they did PT for two hours. The thing is that every day, when everyone mustered for the class, Navy guys always came in looking like they just woke up, holding a cup of coffee and always kept asking Army and Marine men why the hell they were so tired all the time. Didn't hear anything about Air Force but my guess is they would be even worse than the Navy.
>>
File: IMG_4982.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4982.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>To through application process for Marine OCS.
>Am constantly told that the review board is law November.
>"Have docs in by November and go to MEPS in November" they say.
>Recruitment office CO gets on my ass because they have their platoon events on weekends and I can't attend because I'm responsible for the business I work for on weekends.
>They tell me that the review board is no longer is late November but early October.
>I decide to drop because can't get documents in in time.
>Months later browse /k, find out about butthole inspection.
>realize I dodged a bullet.
>mfw
>>
>>34487424
No kidding? What about if say you were in the Navy for 4 years and decide to go CG?
>>
>>34487383
Thought about joining the military before, but they wouldn't take me because I have psoriasis and took ADHD meds for years. I could totally lie and get in but would most likely get discharged once they found out. Psoriasis isn't something you can hide. Google it if you want to be grossed out.
>>
>>34487315
In house his job is fine. My basic training flight commander was am intelligence officer. Told me how he almost died out there
>be Cpt Anon, cuffed to a briefcase in a Iraq
>being driven by regular car because subtly
>reach Haji check point
>guard approaches car and asks
"What's in the briefcase?"
>"It's nothing"
"We can't let you through without seeing what's inside."
>reach for M9 holstered on leg preparing for a firefight
>local doge starts causing commotion barking and biting one of the guards.
>tells driver to drive through to deal with doge problem

That was only one deployment though. He said that they were going to drive on regardless of what they said. And they knew that they were going to have a firefight as soon as they would. 'Til this day he says, that doggo saved his life.
>>
>>34488418
So he'll be driving briefcases around and avoiding dogs. Sounds pretty neat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.