[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Console a man, or lay it on him thick /k/... I have ruined a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1484156642236.jpg (94KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
1484156642236.jpg
94KB, 500x429px
Console a man, or lay it on him thick /k/...

I have ruined a bore for an m39 and k98/48 due to not understanding that corrosive ammo particles can't be removed with simple hoppes number 9. I loved my m39 to death too, and my guns are really the only thing I actually love in my life. I'm drinking the pain away, but go ahead and vent if you want.
>>
>>34485185
There were literally millions of them made...

It's like women (or men, if you're a fag).
There are millions more almost exactly like it, shut the fuck up, move the fuck on, go rub one out, and get your shit together, you're a fucking man, act like one.
>>
>>34485208
You're right but damn if they aren't expensive. I've got to sell mine at a loss and spend for another.
>>
How bad is the bore OP, is there still rifling and such?
>>
>>34485185
Buy a Krag. It will fill you with better feelings.
>>
>>34485185
A tough lesson anon.
Learn and move on.
>>
>>34485750
thanks man

>>34485545
there is still rifling but I've been scraping at the bore with a bronze brush and I think it might be whittling down the barrel, I'm not sure. There is intense pitting between the rifling though.
>>
>>34486168
Keep cleaning man. You can't fuck it anymore than it is.
>>
>>34486168
With corrosive ammo you need to do deeper cleaning.

Best method to use is get a large pot of water and get it on the stove and set it on high. Get it really boiling until it is boiling at it's peak and once it is at that point you are going to cringe but trust me on this my dad used to do this with his rifle in the showers during the vietnam war and as well being stationed at Berlin. Pour the boiling water directly into the barrel and pour it down it several times and once your done go get a snake bore and oil it up along with lots of patches and hoppes gun cleaning and gun oil. Run it through the barrel several times and then run the patches soaked in that hoppes nine stuff then finally dry out the barrel with a another snake bore that is dry and get it really dry in there before getting out the other one that is soaked in gun oil and run it through a few times.

Congratulations you have successfully cleaned all the corrosive salt out if your rifle! Also disassemble the bolt and other gun parts and do the same thing with boiling water and gun cleaning and oiling.

Works like a charm.
>>
>>34486292
>using water to clean your guns

yeah nice bait there fucktard water makes rust you dipshit!
>>
>>34486324

You are fucking retarded, water is the only thing that removes corrosive primer salt, fucking idiot. If you don't know what you are talking about you should shut you stupid whore mouth.
>>
With corrosive ammo, you really just need to flush water down the bore, make sure that you get all the moisture out (that's why hot water is better. It doesn't have to be boiling like what >>34486292 states, although it does help with the water evaporating on it's own), then clean and lube as usual.

If it's already ruined, then just clean it as best you can, use some jb bore compound to polish what's left, and shoot some lead bullets and hope it fills the craters a bit. I have a pitted nugget and it shoots fine, it just doesn't look nice.

>>34486324
retard detected
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.