[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>father of a guy I know goes to hunt with his younger son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: you are not people.jpg (100KB, 392x409px) Image search: [Google]
you are not people.jpg
100KB, 392x409px
>father of a guy I know goes to hunt with his younger son with no ear protection

He's gonna make his kid fucking deaf. Should I say something to him about this?
>>
No one ever went deaf bargain hunting at Walmart
>>
File: 1459437171869.gif (3MB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1459437171869.gif
3MB, 640x359px
>>34483518
slap his shit ad tell him whats up with ears protection.
fuck people are dumb
>>
>>34483518
>>34484063
jesus you fucking ninnies. its not like you magdump on a deer. you have to be able to hear to hunt. unless you have a 350 dollar earpro budget you basically gotta go commando. quit freaking out
>>
>hunt w/ .308
>favorite part is the moment after I shoot a durr
>heart is pumping, ears are ringing, I can see and hear my rapid breathing in the cold morning air

I haven't heard of anyone using earpro on a hunt, but maybe you're talking about hunting animals that don't require good hearing
>>
>>34483518
Yes. Tinnitus is a bitch.

>>34484090
Then put on your hearing before you shoot.
>>
>>34484149
Waiting for a clear shot and then making lots of movement is a great way to keep your freezer empty
>>
>>34484090
A magdump would probably be just as bad for your hearing a single shot. It's counter intuitive but hanging out on a very active range without hearing protection would probably be less harmful than a single shot while hunting. It has to do wth your ears being strained to hear the faintest sound in a quiet environment vs. being surrounded by continual loud noise. Inuit tribes that hunt seals with high-powered rifles in the sound muffling arctic (snow absorbs sound like crazy) go deaf at like 25-27 because the contrast is so great. $350 is a small amount of money to pay for a lifetime of good hearing. The cheapest hearing aids are at least three times that.
>>
>>34483518
is he your child?
if no: mind your own fucking business
if yes: mind your own fucking business you fucking attempted homewrecker
>>
>>34484090
you don't have to spend $350 for ear protection
>>
>>34484619
Daddy issues: the post
>>
File: everyone.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
everyone.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>34484752
everyone really
>>
>>34483518
When I'm hunting coyote or groundhog and only taking a couple I'm generally using smaller bore rifles and am out in the open so I don't bother.
>>
Outside, one or maybe two shots isn't going to wreck your shit.
>>
>>34483518

Don't be such a faggot anon.

Last weekend I shot three hogs with four rounds. Didn't have time to put my earpro on.

Afterwards I didn't even have a memory of the sound. Only slight Eeeeeee.

In that moment, you won't care about hearing protection. And a single - or even a couple - of shots won't matter.

Maybe for something with a lot of shooting like duck or goose hunting, but big game? I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>34484090
by "350 dollar earpro" you mean "35 cent earplugs" right?
>>
>>34484090
You can literally get a shitty pair of active earpro from Harbor Freight for about $15 a pair, works well enough.
>>
>>34485727
gotsa ruin muh kids hearin'. Don't want him growin' up to be a faggot bein able to hear n shit. Fuck ur earplugs n' common sense.
>>
>>34483518
No
>>
>How do you tell that /k/ is a bunch of noguns who don't hunt?

Shooting 1 or 2 shots once a year isn't doing a fraction of the damage you get from listening to the radio loud.

And, yes, for hunting it is active earpro or nothing.
>>
>>34485854
This has convinced me to change my ways.
>>
>>34484619
How bad did your dad hurt you?
>>
File: shrug.png (104KB, 497x308px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
104KB, 497x308px
Not your seed, not your problem.

It just means your own son will be able to out-compete yet another kid.
>>
>>34489386
deaf kids mean less productive population
deaf kids mean a drain on the system (disability isn't going to disappear overnight)
deaf kids mean a less powerful military
deaf kids mean more traffic jams when they get run over
you should think a little more, the world doesn't boil down as easily as you want it to.
>>
Hey, my Chinese classes paid off. I could read that.
>>
hearing protectron act when
>>
>>34483518
Do you wear hearing protection when the fire trucks go by in your local parade too? Its literally nothing. A few shots a year without hearing protection wont make anyone deaf.
>>
>>34490503
That's great, anon. The bad news is it's in Korean.
>>
>>34489386
This isn't the time of survival of the fittest, society carries the weak and less fortunate.
>>
>>34490560
It's actually Thai you retard
>>
>>34490570
>>34490582
Trolling, but nǐ bú shì yī ge rén - You not are one of (= a) human, literally. Whatever.
>>
>>34490503
You fucking retard, thats siamese
>>
>>34484090
this is retarded, you do not need $350 for decent electronic ear pro, i payed $40 for mine and i can hear a bunny fart in the next county, and ive been using them for over a year.

but what do i know about ear protection.

t. veteran
>>
>>34490298
>less productive pop
most minimum wage jobs dont require hearing, shit the dumb bastards dont listen anyways

>deaf kids mean a drain on the system (disability isn't going to disappear overnight)
he most likely wont be actually deaf until hes older, and nice meme, people have been saying that about disability for 2 decades now.

>deaf kids mean a less powerful military
you wanna know how i know you never even tried to serve? they screen for deafness at MEPS. no deaf kids innamilitary, sept the ones who are deaf BECAUSE of their service (ask me how i know)

>deaf kids mean more traffic jams when they get run over
this is serious speculation and digging super deep for your argument, this is not a fact but a wild fantasy opinion.

btw not him and i agree op should get them both some ear pro, but your argument is trash and you should feel like trash.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.