[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

took my JRA built BM-59 out to the range on the 3rd and had some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: photo_2017-07-07_10-27-50.jpg (62KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-07-07_10-27-50.jpg
62KB, 1280x960px
took my JRA built BM-59 out to the range on the 3rd and had some issues

first 12 rounds were fine, then I got an FTE where the extractor ripper the rim off
the case came out with just the weight of a cleaning rod

a couple rounds later, it happened again, and left a little hangnail of rim
I accidentally reclosed it and jammed it up too hard to move (I think the hangnail of rim was the culprit)

today, I had time to deal with it, it opened with a couple taps with a small rubber hammer
the brass had this odd tarnishing pattern on it

think this might be indicative of a rough chamber or some shmoo in the chamber?

the ammo I was using was Austrian Hirtenberger StG58 7.62 Real Fuckin' NATO, so I doubt the issue is soft brass and NATO spec surplus is what JRA recommended

sorry, I do not have any other pieces of brass to compare
>>
File: photo_2017-07-07_10-35-42.jpg (151KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-07-07_10-35-42.jpg
151KB, 1280x960px
pic of rifle to keep it interesting
>>
>>34470705

why not ask JRA ?

send pics of ammo & expended brass

try different ammo

wistfully think you should have gotten an M1 garand instead
>>
>>34470932
>should have gotten an M1 Garand instead
why?
this is very cool and shoots more available and less expensive ammo and has neat features like a bipod and detachable mags

haven't contacted JRA because I'd like to see if it's something I can fix myself (and maybe learn a skill) because using the warranty
>>
My bm59 did the same thing. I bought a Schuster adjustable gas plug, it screws into the same plug just fine, the hardest part it tightening it since the bayonet lug is right in the way, I only got to shoot it a few times but it did completely shut off the gas, so no concern that it wont be able to do the job. I can take a picture of it if you like
>>
>>34471926
they take normal adjustable gas plugs?
didn't know that
might be worth it to invest in that even if it is just a gooey chamber
might want to take it hunting and use some hotter commercial spec sometime
>>
File: 20170707_134207.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_134207.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Same thread pitch and everything, I read somewhere that they didn't spec the gas port right so its currently way over gassed, you'll have to grind some of the L-wrench away that comes with the plug so you can actually adjust it though.
>>
>>34472057
what, the allen key?
who fucking cares, I'll grind on that shit

got a source on the JRA guns being overgassed?
>>
Can't find a source, sorry, I'm remembering picking it up while reading about it, mine was made in the first 200 from JRA, so for now im going to blame it on them working the kinks out production wise since they are new reproduction barrels.
>>
>>34472360
I wiped out the chamber with a copper brush and bore patches
hopefully it was just shmoo in the chamber

if not, I'll try to polish the chamber and/or call JRA
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.