[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_V ikramaditya So 13 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Vikramaditya

So 13 years ago the Indians bought a barely-used commie aircraft carrier for a bit over $2bn and turned it into a decent STOBAR carrier. Was it a good deal at the end of the day or should they have just waited to buy a newish one from China/Russia when they get made in a few years?
>>
>>34469428
Russia will never build a new carrier and India and China aren't friends.

They got ripped off re-fitting Vikramaditya. The only other option would have been to do it themselves, which despite >Indians may have actually have been a better idea given how badly the Russians took them for a ride.
>>
>>34469428
>only way to tell it apart from Kuznetsov is that India can't even afford to have the planes for it
>>
File: Kuz (2).png (333KB, 560x397px) Image search: [Google]
Kuz (2).png
333KB, 560x397px
>>34469801
and, of course, the lack of... well...
>>
File: 1492800570336.png (181KB, 315x323px) Image search: [Google]
1492800570336.png
181KB, 315x323px
No, the Indian navy is pretty laughable.

There are several accounts of people going to train them, and all their ships are nothing short of shit filled death traps that have a habit of ramming each other.
>>
>On 10 June 2016, while undergoing a scheduled major refit of INS Vikramaditya, two people were killed by a toxic gas leak that occurred during maintenance work in the Sewage Treatment Plant compartment of INS Vikramaditya at Karwar.
The Russians should have installed a designated shitting deck as an option.
>>
>>34469891
>implying there aren't many accounts of crew shitting off the side of the deck
The top is the shitting deck!
>>
>>34469949
did that really happen? The indian military has to be the most feces rich organization on the planet
>>
It was a good way to start. They gained enough experience to build their own now. You have to think about it as half R&D.
>>
>>34469972
I'm just memeing but it's certainly possible.
>>
>>34469428
Those curry niggers were ripped off big time by russia.

For 2.5 billion dollars they could simply ask the sorks or spain to build them a brand new aircraft carrie
>>
>>34469801
They already bought Mig-29K for the ship
>>
File: 1480538766964.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480538766964.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>34469435
>>
>>34469428
Holy shit the island on that thing is huge.It's almost as dumb as the brits new carrier.
>>
Island is normal. Its the rest of the ship thats midget-sized
>>
>>34470882
Neither of these countries build aircraft carriers.
>>
>>34470908
They did? I only know they ditched Naval Tejas for sake of Sea Gripen.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.