[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently bought a riptide karambit from bladetech. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 20170706_181453.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_181453.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I recently bought a riptide karambit from bladetech.
I'm curious as to what /k/ thinks about karambits, specifically folding models
>>
>>34466667

stop
>>
>>34466681
So, that's a no?
>>
>>34466667
Gay, just like OP.
>>
File: 1497470401781.jpg (28KB, 264x244px) Image search: [Google]
1497470401781.jpg
28KB, 264x244px
>>34466667
>off by one
your knife is fucking gay btw
>>
File: 1490336476433.gif (3MB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1490336476433.gif
3MB, 210x210px
>>34466772

yeah it's a no
>>
>>34466667
Meme knife.

It's like a katana, it's only really respectable if you actually take the time to learn how to properly use the knife. Yours is especially a meme knife because of that indent in the blade, a karambit is used for slicing which is why it's shaped like a claw, that random indent in the blade serves no purpose.
>>
>>34466667
Are you a practitioner of pencak silat?
>>
>>34467320
I'm trained in defense/martial arts.
My training has all been done with Fox trainer karambits so I do know my way around the weapon.
I decided to go with this model for obviously the Emerson wave, and, the "meme" appeal of the blade.
In my mind, if I have to use it, it will do what I need it to do.
>>
>>34466667
Personally I think they suck.
almost always made to be tacticool crap, and hooking your finger through it is dangerous.

The blade curve works great for opening boxes though
>>
>>34467485
So that's a no then.
>>
Karma bits are great against an unarmed attacker, when they get in close you can duck thier shit up.
Karambits are shitty against an armed attacker, almost any other weapon will have better reach, a guy with an unloaded pistol could beat a guy with a karambit if he's smart about it.

So basically it's only good against opponents that are posing a minimum threat to begin with
>>
>>34469614
Sorry for the phone posting, auto correct really ducked me there.
>>
>>34469614
>a guy with an unloaded pistol could beat a guy with a karambit if he's smart about it.

Do you mean get the pistol back online and use it, or beat with pistolwhipping?
>>
>>34469685
not him, but beating em' over the head often works. especially to the hands
>>
>>34469774
yeah I call BS. My money is on the dude with a knife rather than the dude with a bad club. Particularly if clinched in to karambit's range.
>>
>>34466667
Its a meme knife but I still want one
>>
I wonder if a tanto has ever been used in a military setting to fight anyone ever. anywho, they are still using karambits to cut eachother up in the fucking jungle to this day, some guy probably has been karambitted within the last hour. I bet someone has been stabbed with a tanto knife less than 100 times in world history. Basically karambits are the opposite of memeshit and tacticool as they have hundreds of years of real world application and none of the little bastards decided "fuck this, id rather have a straight knife"
>>
>>34470823
>I bet someone has been stabbed with a tanto knife less than 100 times in world history
They used to be used in seppuku.
>>
>>34470847
I mean modern tanto style chisel blades not ancient "tanto" which literally meant short sword and was basically any fighting knife, their blade shape has absolutely nothing in common with modern tantos besides having one edge and I have had difficulty researching why modern "tanto" blades are even called called tantos or how the chisel pointed armor penetrating modern "tanto" was developed
>>
>>34470901
basically what im trying to say here is that a knife widely considered bullshit mallninja design has been used 10000x more real life applications than a knife many consider to be the best/extremely practical which has been used practically never. And I even edc a tanto.
>>
>>34466681
Is that a fucking bug

EWWWWW
>>
>>34466667

damn get on a diet op that hand is fat
>>
>>34466667
Useless and try hard.

The only people that buy karambits are obese mall ninjas and CS fags.

Neither of which have any taste, so they almost always end up with those shitty, gaudy folders off of ebay.

Seriously though, why would you buy a karambit over any other knife if not for looks only autists appreciate?
>>
>>34469807
I meant as a club, or use the barrel to stab at the face.
And that's why I said if he's smart about it. Karambits excell in the clinch but if you keep distance and just poke and swat with the pistol you can win
>>
>>34471692
If someone is attacking you, they'll often be within clinch range. Where a karambit would excel as a defensive weapon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.