[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody please explain to me why the F-22 program was such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: F-22-Raptor-aar.jpg (131KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
F-22-Raptor-aar.jpg
131KB, 1024x682px
Can somebody please explain to me why the F-22 program was such a fucking disaster?

High program cost - CHECK. Laughably high flyaway cost - CHECK. Produced even though the USAF, Navy and the fucking Marines were falling over totally adequate existing aircraft - CHEEEECK.

Fuck is wrong with you
>>
It was produced during a time when China was weak and Russia was shitting itself. Hopefully, the US military will get a wake up call and cut the bloat when China blows up an American asset.
>>
File: F35.jpg (253KB, 984x900px) Image search: [Google]
F35.jpg
253KB, 984x900px
>>34457268
Agreed. That was money better spent on F-35s. But normie plebbitors and armchairfags are still convinced that the JSF is a failure when it's already the greatest success story in aviation history.
>>
fuck outta here

that's my waifu, it's beautiful
>>
>>34457268
>high program cost
It was cutting edge technology, which costs money to research and develop
>high unit cost
Government had to choose between MRAPs to protect from IEDs or more Raptors. So they cut Raptor production which increases unit cost. I think it was the right decision though.
>fucking disaster
Red Flag results would disagree. It's expensive, but it completely and absolutely dominates air to air to this day.
>>
>disaster
follow the money
>>
>>34457289
>China blows up an American asset
Maybe in your wet dream chinkboo
>>
>>34457289
HAH, dream on. A single F-22 gets shot down and then Pentagon will freak the fuck out and probably order about a dozen F-35 in a panic frenzy.
>>
>Daily Armchair expert thread

These are fun. Love it when unemployed schizophrenic nonces on Thai pederast meetup webzones try to act smarter than everyone else in world.
>>
>>34457268
Because they chose the Lockheed design instead of the Boeing design. They chose to make a very complex system over an incremental improvement in existing technology.
>>
>>34457292
There is shilling and there is delusional.
Seriously, did you even read what you posted?
>>
>>34457363
>Government had to choose between MRAPs to protect from IEDs or more Raptors
Bullshit, this is 'Murica Fuck Yeah. If Congress wasn't full of crony bithces all out for themselves, both would've been done.
>>
>plan something to deal with the USSR
>USSR falls

Well, we can use the technology for the F-35, and the handful of F-22s we have are pretty good.

This is what happens when you're trying to read the future.
>>
>>34457268
High program cost: This is what happens when you resurface a design that should have been in production a decade ago but got held up because no more cold war. See Leopard 2A5, eurofighter, eurocopter etc. Almost everything that was mothballed after 1991 came back in the 2000's with a much higher cost.

2. Cut production, which increases cost, because bureauracy.

3. Adequate? Not adequate, not for a country with a military that commits to expeditionary warfare. Because of the pure logistical nightmare of having to relocate more assets (people, munitions, parts, aircraft) when fighting further away from home, it is necessary that any force fighting a far off war not be "adequate" but superior, this is way countries such as the UK have doctrine that favors any action with a 3:1 odds in their favor over anything else.

F-18s, F15s and F16s are not adequate for the US military, just as the eurofighter is no adequate for the UK. If you think they ARE adequate, I think you need to learn more about conventional warfare.
>>
Retarded program design where they build around obsolete requirements and very high operating costs

Ends up "WELL WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WITH ALL THESE INTERCEPTORS, WE DONT EVEN USE OUR OLD INTERCEPTORS!"

And so program is cancelled

Need to remember that every dollar spent on the airforce could provide 3 or 4 times the military capacity being spent on ground forces.
>>
>>34459327
And every enemy air asset and unmolested logistics/support units on the ground will have no trouble slaughtering the shit out of 3-4 times as many good guys.
>>
File: 0TEf4wI.jpg (53KB, 509x511px) Image search: [Google]
0TEf4wI.jpg
53KB, 509x511px
>>34457289
>Hopefully, the US military will get a wake up call and cut the bloat when China blows up an American asset.
>cutting down on defense spending when shit starts getting fucky
lolwat
>>
>>34459858
>cutting down on defense spending when shit starts getting fucky
I said cut the bloat not defense spending. USA lost its way around the 90s when there were no threat and wasted money on useless projects. Hence why the F-22 was developed.
>>
>>34457289
They know that the federal reserve can always make treasuries worthless if they strike us.
>>
>>34457289
>Hopefully, the US military will get a wake up call and cut the bloat when China blows up an American asset.
That's literally the opposite of what would happen.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.