[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/op thread! Let's "try" to keep the topic on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: detbob.jpg (203KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
detbob.jpg
203KB, 600x800px
/k/op thread!

Let's "try" to keep the topic on gear and tactics.

>I'll start
Thumb-break duty holsters are inadequate in a real struggle, you should be using an ALS thumb switch or comparable rocker-style retention hood at minimum. You should also be carrying a small backup gun in your weak side cargo pocket. If your agency's policy doesn't allow you to carry a backup gun, you should be working for a different agency.

You will only ever need three belt keepers. One next to your gun, one next to your taser, and one on the center of your back. Any more than that, and you're wasting time if you ever go down and someone needs to take your belt off of you.
>>
Privileges for police officers is fascism by another name. All rules thst apply to civilians must apply to all civilians.
>>
File: fox.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
compliance sauce
>>
>>34454126
Okay, but what duty weapon/holster combo are you using?
>>
I started off with a Glock 19, then switched to a P320 Compact after a few years. I know people who carry an H&K VP9. Does anyone here carry a Walther? I love the trigger, but can't justify buying another compact 9mm with my current collection.

Before anyone asks, I like compacts because I prefer to carry concealed off-duty.
>>
File: safari.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
safari.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
If you aren't rocking one of these you're going to lose your gun one day
>>
>>34454115
I'm curious, have any of the cops on /k/ actually used their night sticks/batons on anyone? Everyone I know from high school who went into law enforcement told me they're not really used anymore.
>>
>>34454287
My old man usually only used his baton on drunks
>>
>>34454287
I've only used mine to poke people who are asleep. One time there was a pretty sizeable crowd fighting in the street at bar close, and I swung it open but didn't hit anyone with it. The second it came out people started to scatter. It's a great visual deterrent.
>>
>>34454126
have you ever gone on a ride along? if not, ask for one and be honest. tell them that you've been living in an internet bubble and you're looking for a basic understanding of what the job is really like. most people have no idea what it takes to constantly manage the 1% who cause problems for everyone else. you aren't free to just swing your dick around and write speeding tickets, that's the smallest part of the job. it will sink in after you've gone to the same house for the fifth time in two days for the same pair of angry, screaming drunks. or worse yet, having to clean up the messes that their terrible children make. it's not glamorous and cops who are officious or power-tripping get burnt out by their seventh or eighth year and quit.
>>
>>34454403
Well, I can tell you that you certainly won't be thinking about writing traffic tickets when you're giving CPR to a dead infant whose obese crackhead mother rolled atop of and smothered in her sleep.

"Hey officer, smile!"
>>
File: 1471208620415.jpg (23KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
1471208620415.jpg
23KB, 360x280px
Any anons know how deep the B.I. for Chicago PD? will my shit posting be brought into the light? they go into your email? Also any POWER test tips? I got a low lotto # and have already begun prepping but still want to be competitive.
>>
>>34454126
Not on topic. Truth, but not in the least bit relevant to the conversation.

>>34454403
>"Thinking cops shouldn't have special privileges automatically makes you a basement dwelling, anti-cop hippie."
>"It's ok because the bad cops only last a decade of ruining people's lives before they quit."
Not the guy you are responding too, but I am a little bit more knowledgeable on what LE faces day to day than the average cat. I have been on ride alongs, studied criminal justice and have had several friend in LE. I will say this, Cops deal with a whole lot of BS, and nothing is more cringe than the typical "Fuck Cops" edgy kid who thinks everyone who treats an officer like a human being is a boot-licking statist. However, if you aren't trolling you are an idiot and your post has almost as little to do with the post your replying to as HIS post had to do with OP.
>>
I have a non troll question.

I have a bachelors degree and MP experience. What are the odds of a police department picking me up to work for them?
>>
>>34455388
pretty good if you're not retarded or a complete shitbird honestly, a lot of PDs are looking for people and the academy won't be a big deal to you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.