[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carry permit classes are nothing more than a convenient way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: carry class.jpg (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
carry class.jpg
65KB, 300x300px
Carry permit classes are nothing more than a convenient way to bilk money out of a captive audience. There is absolutely nothing taught there that you couldn't learn from the owner's manual of the gun or a brief pamphlet issued with your carry permit. They should not be required for carrying a weapon.
>>
File: 795.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
795.png
404KB, 853x480px
>he needs a permit to carry in his state
>>
Would be fine if they were free, but my class was $130 at some fat nra guy's house. He ate 5 times in the 8 hours I was there while I browsed /k/ on my phone.
>>
>>34452050
Yes, I know. Don't rub it in.
>>
>>34452040

nein

if you get involved in an incident it shows that you are a concerned citizen willing to follow the rules, ditto taking other classes

op = idiot
>>
>>34452086
>it shows that you are a concerned citizen
>it shows that
>shows
You just tacitly admitted that it's virtue signaling. If you want to take a pointless class to SHOW everyone how concerned you are, go ahead. I won't stop you, but there is no reason why the state should require these pointless classes to everyone who wishes to carry.
>>
>>34452124

gdamn you are stupid

ask a lawyer whether it would be better for you to have a pile of documentation about the training you've received or just show up like the fat neckbeard you are and say - well it's so easy i just read about it on the internet
>>
File: missed the point.png (10KB, 1336x556px) Image search: [Google]
missed the point.png
10KB, 1336x556px
>>34452188
That's irrelevant to what this thread is about. My point in the OP was that classes should not be required by the state, as they are in many states.
>>
>>34452040
They're not for you, dumbass. They're for the average idiot who doesn't really know anything about guns and doesn't bother to look at the manual.
>>
>>34452124
nigga what
>>
>>34452223
No they should not be mandatory to carry a weapon. But think of how stupid some people are, it's just a case of the minority fucking it up for the majority.
Plus what that anon said, if you ever use your weapon it looks better on you if you look like an upstanding law abiding citizen.
>>
>>34452299
Then they shouldn't be required for everyone who wishes to carry a gun. Most people who have the initiative to get a carry permit probably already know something about guns or at least have an interest in learning, so they will probably read all they can about guns. If they feel they have something to gain from such a class, I won't stop them from going. Just don't make everyone else pay $60 for a class they don't need.
>>
>>34452050
Sometimes carry permits arent for carrying. I got one so I wouldnt have go through nics with a ffl and have never carried a day in my life. I agree permits, 4473's, the atf and all gun laws are bullshit, but such is life.
>>
>>34452040
The majority of people who buy CC pistols or CC on their own are not /k/ommandos. They are not obsessed with firearms in a more than healthy way and need a bit of guidance. Think of it more of as a strainer. If you dont need the class it's just another thing you have to verify before getting your license; but if you don't need the class you could actually learn some shit.
Dont be an autist.
>>
File: IMG_6632.gif (2MB, 303x130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6632.gif
2MB, 303x130px
>>34452040

Which is why uncucked states like Idaho don't require a permit.
>>
>>34452314
>But think of how stupid some people are, it's just a case of the minority fucking it up for the majority
I don't think these classes actually make anyone safer. It's just a feel good solution. Voters feel good knowing that there are impediments to getting a carry permit, and politicians pander to those voters.
>>
>>34452404
If I know people, and I know a lot of people, if you hand the majority of them a gun they're taking selfies with the muzzle pointed in their mouth, pointing it at friends, not knowing when theyve just loaded a round into the chamber..
If taking these classes means people like that aren't given the green light to purchase a pistol/firearms then I support that decision. Because people are fucking duuumb.
>>
>>34452506
Bad analogy. Nobody is being handed a gun. Consumers buy guns. I know your choice of words was not meant to be taken literally, but it is very telling about about your state of mind. You obviously think guns are some sort of toy "handed" by the state to the people as a privilege rather than a pre-existing right. Making wild exaggerations about the recklessness of the average adult is a way for you to feel good about yourself, which your narcissistic insecurities compel you to do. Because you are a narcissist, your opinions are determined not by reason and fact but by relentless social status seeking.
>>
>>34452618
People are handed guns all the time what the fuck are you talking about. If you have any friends, the first thing you do when you buy a gun is show it to your buddies and it goes from there.
No asshole, I think other people don't take firearms as seriously as us here on /k/ do, and sometimes that does mean they treat them like toys instead of the extremely genuine thing that they are.

Don't give me that privilege shit, take it to tumblr. Someone with no idea what they're doing and no criminal record can easily purchase a firearm and be negligent with it.

>Making wild exaggerations about the recklessness of the average adult is a way for you to feel good about yourself
People are fucking stupid. How many times have you gone to the range and watched some jackass give a child or female who obviously cant handle/ doesnt know how to handle it.

>Because you are a narcissist, your opinions are determined not by reason and fact but by relentless social status seeking.
You sound like an autist who has never had a social experience in your life.
>>
>>34452299
>Implying OP knows anything about guns
>>
File: 1475103278603.gif (909KB, 440x508px) Image search: [Google]
1475103278603.gif
909KB, 440x508px
>>34452349
You're fucking retarded. How exactly do you weed out the people who are competent and the ones who arent? Give them a class and make them demonstrate it durrrr
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.