[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would /k/ run tula through a mosin. I know steel case is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170629_231934.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_231934.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
Would /k/ run tula through a mosin. I know steel case is shit but id prefer to buy the cheaper stuff. Also what else would /k/ use tula for and why/why not?
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>
don't see why not, just clean the lacquer out of the chamber before you shoot brass
>>
>>34444162
Its a mosin. Its gonna hold up fine regardless of what factory ammo you put through it. Just be sure to clean the thing when you're done shooting and the barrel is still warm.
>>
>>34444162
Seriously? yes
>>
I have a star model b that only eats steel case. Stovepipes once a box if I'm shooting brass. Nice n easy on the wallet
>>
I bought some steel tula and ran it through my dads m44 that hasnt been shot in 15 years. The first round it fired the case got stuck in the chamber and broke the extractor, it took me 30 minutes to knock out the empty case.
>>
>>34444635
This is why i was questioning. Plus i dont have the best cleaning supplies right now so i went with brass.
>>
>>34444816
>Posted a question without relevant/pertinent details.
>Decide to ignore advice and buy more expensive ammo instead of cleaning the gun and running cheap ammo.

Handle it friend
>>
>>34444162
It's a fucking Mosin dude
>>
>>34444162
>Should I run cheap, crudely made, Slav ammo through a cheap, crudely made, Slav rifle?
Why don't you get a good rifle and good ammo instead?
>>
>>34444836
Asked question, was assured I couldn't do a thing, didn't do thing.
>>
>>34444162
If you're not aware, you have a collectible Mosin in that it is East German market (the 1 in the triangle). Cool gun OP. I shoot MFS steel case out of my SVT-40 because it is hard on my re-loadable brass and I hate cleaning it after shooting corrosive surplus.
>>
>>34445955
Every mosin in history that has ever been fired has fired steel cased ammunition. It's all the ruskies produced for mil use. But okay bud. Leave the cheap shit for the rest of us
>>
>>34444162
Shoot it OP. Any retard who says their rifle broke or some shit while shooting it bought a shitty rifle. My mosin loves Tula and cycles it like a dream
>>
>>34447617
Brass case was made right into the 30's with some factories runnining into the 40's.
Things like Dragoons that were surplused out before the switch might never have seen a steel case.
>>
Isn't slavshit built to run on steel?
>>
>>34444204
Why would this be bait? No OP, but genuinely curious.

>have an M39 and shoot tula through it occasionally if I have no 54r
>>
>>34444162
Are you crazy, that is a izhmash mosin, you need a tula produced one to run tula ammo thru
>>
>>34444162
poorfag ammo, through a poorfag rifle?

what is the issue again?
>>
Are you fucking kidding me, dude? You'd actually consider SHOOTING a rifle like a Mosin? Those things are seriously fucking rare and just shooting one would damage the rifling thereby degrading the quality of such a historically important item.

Seriously, don't ever shoot that thing. Get a couple of wall hooks and mount that b*tch up because that thing is a real looker that deserved to be oiled every once and a while and never shot; it has already done its duty to the Motherland and does not wish to be worked anymore.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.