[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I buy a suppressor can I shoot in my backyard without alerting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0740.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0740.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
If I buy a suppressor can I shoot in my backyard without alerting the authorities or scaring the neighbors?
>>
>>34443544
You can shoot your fucking self retard.
Sage
>>
how close are your neighbors? probably not. besides you have to register the suppressor that'll be $200 plz.
>>
>>34443552
Was that suppose to be clever? Yikes
>>
>>34443555
My closest neighbor is about 100 yards away
>>
>>34443544

almost all cities in USA have laws against any kind of firearm shooting within their limits

otherwise you're a retard if you think the neighbors won't be scared, unless of course, they also shoot in their backyard
>>
Go to the woods with a friend and see
>>
>>34443565
Look, give him some slack. He's new to using swear words. All he wants to do is fit in with the big boys.
>>
>>34443693
He's gonna need enough slack to tow a battleship
2edgy5me
>>
>>34443544
DEpends
What's the suppressor for?
What are your local laws for shooting on your property?
Do you have a proper backstop?
>>
>>34443571
you still have to pay the tax stamp. And they will definitely hear it, unless maybe you're shooting subsonic pistol calibers with a phat can. It's no guarantee. "pop pop" of any variety will confuse and attract attention from neighbors unless they honestly don't give a shit
>>
File: 1497659308346.jpg (66KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497659308346.jpg
66KB, 720x720px
Depends on some things.

1. Caliber your shooting?
2. Subsonic ammo?
3. Shooting into a burm or backstop?
4. Proximity to neighbors?
5. Exactly HOW uptight liberal are they?
6. Rural area or in town?
>>
I shoot airguns that are a bit louder than a suppressed 9mm. Its really not a big deal. Nail guns at construction sites are louder.

You should be be fine op. Just shoot weekdays during the hrs construction might be working and the worst will be somebody thinks a nailgun is being shot.
>>
I shot a fox with two shots 308 suppressed (Hausken SD228 - advertised to dampen the sound by >35 desibel) earlier this year. Normal hunting load(not subsonic)

My neighbour 500 yards away commented the shots the day after...
>>
I've shot unsupressed 10/22 in my backyard in a city and no one has been the wiser.

The rounds were subsonic though so it lacked the crack
>>
>>34443826
tell me that isn't real.
>>
>>34443826
Please tell me this is fake
>>
>>34443544
Maybe. Exercise the 4 rules of gun safety, and use subsonic ammo in a xboxhueg suppressor and you could be okay.
>>
>>34446429
this is fake
>>34446426
that isn't real
>>
>>34447579
tell me sweet little lies
>>
>>34443544
How big is your back yard?

I knew a couple that lived in a rural area on 20 acres. They (and lots of neighbors) have set up pistol ranges against hills on their property. The next door neighbor moves out and sells to some California hippies. First Saturday, my friends go out to get a little range time in. Neighbors call cops "There's shooting next door!" Sheriff goes to check it out, knows what is going on and tells the hippies, "Everyone out here shoots. Get used to it."
>>
>>34447588
Suppressors off the NFA soon.
>>
>>34447588
shall not be infringed
>>
>>34447588
I love you
>>
>>34447588

He's your son.
>>
>>34446426
>>34446429
I have no information, saved the pic from /k/ a while ago.
>>
>>34447588
Chinese demand for metals is dropping so brass cased ammo will halve in price soon.
>>
>>34443571
>My closest neighbor is about 100 yards away
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>34443544

Honestly, if you know what you're doing and take precautions then yes.

You have to shoot subsonic rounds. These are harder to find and significantly less powerful depending on caliber.

You have to have a good backstop. If you're not shooting into soft dirt ricochet or hitting something hard is loud. If you have no backstop property damage or hearing a bullet fly by will get you reported the moment it's noticed. Bullets will go through things very well.

You should look at something with a small diameter round. The wider the round the was effective the suppressor will be. Anything larger than 22 lr will attract attention so you're kind of stuck with target practice or shooting small things like rabbits, birds, and maybe dogs if you hit them in the right spot.

It's way easier to just get a pellet gun for the same results and I'm pretty sure that the legal issues if you get caught won't be nearly as substantial no matter where you live.

>>34446426

If I remember right it's loaded with some kind of low velocity fragmenting round you have to manually cycle but that wont go through the fence. I could be wrong.
>>
>>34448669
>fence clearly has >5mm gaps in it
I think it's a troll
>>
>>34443544
Maybe get a .45 ACP carbine. The round is already subsonic, so it should be pretty quiet. Will still be clearly audible, but cheap and much better than other options of comparable price.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.