[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy gun >does nothing but sit in a safe all day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1498212431402.jpg (32KB, 342x260px) Image search: [Google]
1498212431402.jpg
32KB, 342x260px
>buy gun
>does nothing but sit in a safe all day

this hobby blows
>>
>>34442023
>keeping your gun in a safe
What is it keeping you from shooting it regularly? Do you not have time for range trips with your friends? No money for ammo to go shooting with? No areas around to go camping innawoods? No public land? What gives?
>>
You could put it in your mouth and pull the trigger
:^]
>>
>>34442033
>>34442023
Sounds like OP needs a fucking job to afford all the .50 bmg or 500 mag for his youtube meme gun
>>
>>34442033

Not OP but guns are less of a hobby and more of an investment and collection for me.

I go shooting once every two months in an indoor shooting range because I'm a city fag. Shooting is an expensive and time consuming hobby for city fags.

I just do boxing and judo as a hobby since it's more active and cheaper, generally speaking.
>>
>>34442044
>doing boxing and judo as a hobby
That's a good trade. You're keeping yourself in shape and getting out of the house. I started doing Thai kickboxing, but lately I've been bogged down with uni work. How is judo? I've heard it's a lot of throws and using the opponent's weight against them.
>>
>build ar-15
>dont shoot it

>buy expensive optics
>dont shoot it

>watch countless hours of people shooting on youtube
>dont shoot my own

>live 5 minutes from the desert
>still don't shoot

>buy ammo every time I go to walmart
>never shoot it

>continue shopping for ar-15 upgrades
>never shoot it
>>
File: upset alex jones.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
upset alex jones.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>34442064
>mfw ameriburger has freedoms and doesn't enjoy them
>mfw living in nogunz country with expensive as fuck tariffs on all guns so basically no gun culture
>mfw you don't take advantage of your God given rights every damned day
>>
>>34442075
>mfw yuropeon
>go to the range at least once a week to shoot muh guns
>>
>>34442075
I still finger fuck my guns all the time and carry daily

just too lazy to shoot anymore
>>
>>34442033
No public land my amigo. The nearest public range is 35 minutes away
>>
>>34442092
>35 minutes
>just over an hour round trip
>I spend more time yanking it on any given Saturday
>still have time to shoot at least once a week
Wew boy, I drive that far to shop for board games. What's wrong with you?
>>
Get dryfire manual.

Practice daily.

Improve.
>>
>>34442092
>The nearest public range is 35 minutes away
You must not live in Texas.

Driving to get groceries can be a hell of a lot longer trip.
>>
>>34442075
>tfw live in a sortaguns
>tfw recently had my guns seized because I was sighting in a rifle with a new scope and I'm only supposed to hunt with it

americans who can but don't shoot make me depressed
>>
>>34442125
This. If you don't have some really nice antique gun that will literally break if you dryfire it extensively, you owe it to yourself to practice manipulations safely with it.
>>
>>34442060

It's awesome. I'm a big guy, I lift and weigh around 200lbs, and some 45 year old, 5'5 skinny Asian dude literally threw me like a ragdoll and choked me out seconds after I hit the mat. Didn't need more convincing that it works.

Very injury prone sport though. I see people yell and limp their way out of class, only to see them months later with a brace.

I go to a traditional gym with a Japanese Sensei. Guys won a bunch of gold Nationals in a row so he's legit. Turns out that traditional Japanese gyms teach the hard way.

They don't teach at all really. You get thrown right into rolling with these guys from day one. You're supposed to learn that way.

The equivalent of going to a Muay Thai gym and sparring hard on your first day. But that's a traditional Judo gym. American owned ones take a more BJJ teaching approach.

You can't go wrong with Muay Thai man, I did it for years until a knee injury. Sticking with boxing until I lose some weight.
>>
>>34442162
I'm around the same weight, 210lbs since I've been eating lightly to save money. I'm going to take a summer course at my uni, not going anywhere, so I should have lots of time for boxing. I'm looking forward to aching limbs every other day, not so much looking forward to taking hits in the head from the Polish guy there. He always says he's going easy and going light, but those punches tell it different. Good guy though.

And about the traditional gym method: I've been told that from a couple of guys. Kendo dude I sparred with told me a similar story. My first day of Muay Thai was sparring and I don't think I'd have it any other way. You go to a club for a social aspect as well, not just a gym class.
>>
>>34442023
>this hobby blows
You're one of those people who always complain that "there's nothing to do around here" while you just sit in your ass in front of your computer all day instead of all the shit there IS to do in your area.
>don't join skee/trap clubs
>don't join local softball leagues etc
>don't do shit but sit and complain about how bored you are
>>
>>34442197
It's a phase that OP will grow out of. It just takes some motivation and a friend or two to give a helping hand. I've been there. Then again, my position was a little different.
My parents would do anything to get me off my ass and out of the house, because otherwise I'd just laze around all day.
One time I spent almost the entire day pretending to be some kind of productive but really I was playing Everlasting Summer on my shitty android phone.
Then I discovered that I could ride my bicycle to the nearest airsoft place every weekend, took me about an hour to make it there and another hour back. Then my parents started to dislike that too, which is how I found out they were antigunz.
But! That is neither here nor there. OP, go walk in the park or skulk around town or whatever. If you actually open up those eyes in that big bright skull of yours, you'll find something to do. Might not be the first thing you find, but it's on you to keep looking.
>>
>>34442023
Just knowing that you're a free man that can bear arms is half the fun.
>>
>>34442064
>>live 5 minutes from the desert
You have no fucking excuse.
>>
>>34442023
you're an idiot, OP
>>
>>34442108
>What's wrong with you?
I hate driving
>>
>>34442140
What kind of bullshit country do you live in?
Take those niggers to court.
>>
File: IMG_20170622_144217218_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_144217218_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>have 25+ guns
>Haven't been to the range since April
Iktf
>>
>>34442023
Youre doing it wrong kiddo.
>>
>>34442140
>recently had my guns seized because I was sighting in a rifle with a new scope and I'm only supposed to hunt with it
wtf? why? are you only permitted to hunt with Iron sights? if you can use scopes, why would they take it? and who the fuck called the cops? did a fellow gun owner fuck you?
>>
>>34442254
Then make a friend and get THEM to drive. Shit, I'll drive. We'll bounce all over Timbuktu in my little red Dakota.
>>
lol

>Be eurofag
>have about 5 ranges within 45 minute drive from where I live.
>Nearest 100/200 meter range is 10-15 minutes away
>Nearest skeet range maybe 20 minutes away
>Nearest IPSC range is the one 45 minutes away
>Suppressors are unrestricted, so buy a couple and just shoot in my back yard when I don't feel like going to the range
>Laugh every day at the "CA-compliant AR-15's you post here
>Laugh every day about the magazine bans
>Laugh every day about your soccer moms

Life is good (in Europe)
>>
>>34442638
What's your effective tax rate?
>>
>>34442638
Anon you have no idea if OP is american or euro or australian...
Also they sound like NEET autist who has no job or car.
>>
>>34442652
Not him but for sure less than NY and CA and 10 other states.
>>
I got a range membership last year and it really upped my game. Now I go once a week at least because no fees and no waiting in line.

My current problem is I keep buying innawoods guns for some hypothetical hiking or camping I never do.
>>
>>34442652

probably higher than yours if you live in the states.

But I thought we were discussing firearms here..

If not, then:

>How many percent of your adult inhabitants use or have used anti-depressants?
>How high is your crime rate?
>How high is your corruption rate?
>How high is your suicide rate?
>How good is your ("free") health care?
>How many citizens live below the poverty line?
>How easy is your entry job market?
>>
>>34442700
Not that anon, but could you get anymore hyper-defensive?...
>>
>tfw you sold all your funs a couple years ago to pay bills
>tfw you finally pick up an AR15 a couple of months ago, make 40k+ a year, and still can't really afford ammo.
Even if I could afford ammo, the only good range near me is 2 hours away. Western NC blows. The only good part about living on this side of the state is our lack of chimps. They can't handle high altitudes or something.
>>
>>34442037
This. Just end it, OP
>>
>>34442075
>tfw when urban euro
>tfw when range only 45min by public transport away
>tfw pistol range lane cost $3 and rifle $4 without time limits
>>
>>34442947
>tfw when range only 45min by public transport away
>carrying gun on public euro transport.

I would be lying if I said I didn't do that myself before but I would no longer recommed doing this.
>>
>>34442958
It's Boland. No one cares because, no one knows how gun looks like.
>>
>>34442897
You trade chimps for Yankee tourists and Asheville transplants. Least You got actual woods and wildlife
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.