[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo... I've heard taurus guns are poorly made. except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: af671c789f836d72b17b063b0648845f.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
af671c789f836d72b17b063b0648845f.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
Sooo... I've heard taurus guns are poorly made.

except for the raging bull. If I forked over the money for one of these less expensive little risks in .44 instead of .454, could I reasonably expect that the gun would last at least 25,000 rounds without needing repair or blowing my hand apart?

for example, I saw vids of their .500 failing, and consequently it's not on their website anymore. the .44 seems to have been a staple since I got hardcore into funs when I was much younger.

have they changed their ways? can their raging series be counted on, or are they just a liability?
>>
>>34440382
OP here
and by comparison how many rounds could one reasonably expect a ruger redhawk to go through without breakdown of some kind?
>>
>>34440382
Before I can make a suggestion either way, I have to know what you want to use the gun for.
>>
>>34440431
shooting.
>>
>>34440448
Yes but is it just for fucking around at the range or are you planning on using it for self defense against people or are you planning on using it for self defense against bears?
>>
>>34440463
all of the above, plus hunting.

what difference does it make to the integrity and longevity of the gun?
>>
>>34440472
Because I'm not going to recommend 454 to someone who wants to use it as self defense against people.
>>
>>34440501

I specifically said

>in .44 instead of .454
.454 is too expensive, too hard to find, and from what I've heard, too hard to handle. I don't want a .454
>>
>>34440382
>so I've heard taurus
No. Don't buy Taurus.
>>
>>34440525
That's why you shoot .45 LC out of it.
>>
>>34440382
>Sooo... I've heard taurus guns are poorly made.
>except for the Ruger.

Fixed for you
>>
>>34440545

I like full power rounds

>>34440539
so I should cough up the extra $300 or so for a redhawk?
>>
>>34440545
and if I'm gonna get a .45LC it's gonna be a scoffield.
>>
>>34440567
nigga if you can afford to spend 12k on ammo you can afford to buy not a taurus
>>
>>34440563

I've been thinking that.
but I've heard reports of taurus stepping up their game, and I like the angle on the taurus grip more, but its appearance is lacking
>dat billboard
>>
>>34440607
yeh... that's a good point.
>>
I have not handled a Raging Bull, but I have looked at plenty of Taurus' lesser offerings. Something that is characteristic of those that does not impress me is that their lockup, even with the trigger all the way to the rear, seems loose and has a bunch of side-to-side play. I do not know if this is the case on the Raging Bull, which SHOULD be better made by virtue of being a .44 Magnum. For what it's worth, the Raging Bull had a pretty decent reputation in the '90s. Of course:

>25,000 rounds of .44 Magnum without needing repair

Do you shoot in competitions or something? 25,000 rounds of .44 Magnum is a huge amount, especially if we're talking full power ammunition. You are likely to shoot less than 1/5 of that in your lifetime if you do not reload. In any event, I would not count on a Taurus revolver to last through that kind of schedule of use. There are only a few that could. The Redhawk might be able to do it, the Super Blackhawk could probably do it, and the Freedom Arms 83 could absolutely do it.
>>
>>34440463
>25,000 rounds shot in self defence
>just another day in Somalia I guess
>>
Those are fucking shit. Save up and get a redhawk.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.