[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things we absolutely fucking regret. >be op the faggot >go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

File: 1498513331907.jpg (49KB, 626x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498513331907.jpg
49KB, 626x750px
Things we absolutely fucking regret.

>be op the faggot
>go to gunstore with little amount of money I had left to purchase ear protection and a few ear foam
>gunstore clerk asks me if I seen the mauser with the swastikas on them
>"no"
>"come over here, I got something to show you"
>genuinely curious
>he pulls down this beautiful looking hunting rifle and at first I thought he got the wrong rifle until he showed it closer
>it has actual military swastika stamp marks on them but the back iron sights aren't there because there is a scopethat's been mounted and the stock isn't the original looking long military stock but it has a very nice laminated wood stock with cheek rest on it and the scope is actually really decent
>the rest of the gun is left intact and I handled the bolt and it feels really smooth and when I looked down the barrel holy shit the rifling looks like it never been shot
>"the rifling looks really nice. I bet whoever had this rifle back then either kept the barrel in good shape or the person didn't shoot alot of russians with it"
>he laughed and so did I and he told me that I could be able to just take the stock off and put the original mauser stock on it
>look at price tag
>450
>I don't have enough money and my paycheck won't be in until later on and it's a low paycheck
>can't afford the layaway price because not enough money on me
>I tell him thank you and hand it back to him
>go buy the ear protector and ear foams and look one last time at the rifle before leaving
>go home
>cry
>know that the only 'mauser' I have is an old Turkish mouser that has a straight bolt but I really wanted that mauser I saw at the store
>cry even harder
>undoubtedly think and realize that the rifle won't even be there next time I go there and despite it being 8mm and 8mm being expensive and not very common unlike the 30.6 or the 308 I really wanted that rifle
>cry until I fall into a crying sleep

I'm still crying...
>>
>>34438471
stop crying and tell me where I can buy this mauser
>>
File: 1497709614801.png (169KB, 545x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497709614801.png
169KB, 545x370px
>>34438471
>wanting nazi weapons and gets upset when he didn't get the gun that has nazi marks on it

Why would anyone want a mauser with a swastika?
>>
>>34438512
If I had to guess, it's for the authentic historical value or something.
You don't just suddenly become an evil nazi by owning their weapons despite what the nazi wannabes or antifa larpers tell you.
>>
File: wehraboo bingo.png (197KB, 828x960px) Image search: [Google]
wehraboo bingo.png
197KB, 828x960px
>>34438512
Wehraboo's, m'lady.
>>
>>34438512
kill yourself
>>
>>34438512
adults who refuse to grow up think its cool to pretend they worship nazis or communists
>>
File: IMG_6608.jpg (158KB, 1500x2042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6608.jpg
158KB, 1500x2042px
>>34438540
>stalin was worse
Compared to anybody, yeah he was.
>>
>>34438512
>not wanting the official rifle of the good guys
>>
>>34438471

>at local gun store
>oh hey a RFB sold at MSRP
>go home to think about it
>ask /k/
>"lol no it r bad"
>"buy nugget instd fag lol"
>"look at my knife it cost me 10 grand"
>"i know my animu is annoying but take me seriously guys"
>"rfb is not gud man lol my cousins brothers barber gots one and he said it made him rape a dog lel kek jij ayy lmao"
>end up not buying the RFB
>years later can't fucking find one that isn't marked up to fuck and back

good thing i don't listen to people on this retarded board anymore
>>
>crying about not being able to buy some bubba'd mauser
>>
Aren't pre 1945 turkish Mausers made in Germany?
>>
>>34438716
Yeah the one I mentioned on my post is made in Turkey but the parts that was needed to complete the build was imported from Germany at the time.

Still though I really wanted that other one I saw..........
>>
I paid wayyyy too much for a prebuilt ar. I couldn't build one at the time because I couldn't buy any lowers being under 21, but I could have gotten a much better rifle for what I paid.
>>
>Things we absolutely fucking regret
When I got into shooting I had absolutely nobody to teach me the basics since I was surrounded by liberals and had no money for classes. The meme on /k/ (which is still tossed around now) was "just practice" so that's all I did, without understanding what it meant. Id shoot a shitton of rounds every trip, with terrible stance, terrible fundamentals, shooting way too fast etc and I simply thought "well if I keep 'practicing' Ill naturally get better"

Only now, a full 3 years down the line, have I realized after reading numerous books and watching numerous guides about the matter have I realized that my stance has never been good, my sight alignment and trigger control have been practically non-existent, and because of that, all my "practice" has taught me nothing, and to top if off, I have a serious mothefucker of a flinch. Thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours just wasted blasting at targets, not learning anything. I've made friends in the shooting community, and shooting with them is pure embarrassment since my groups look like I'm a complete newfag. Only now are my fundamentals slightly improving. Obviously, I'm confident I can and will get better, but it's infuriating to consider after all that money, time, and effort when I was younger, I'm still just teaching myself HOW to shoot.

TLDR get a person - not the internet, a real person - to teach you how to shoot guns. Without real hands-on advice, unless you read all the right things at the right times, you will only teach yourself bad practice.
>>
File: 20170703_221158.jpg (188KB, 1224x918px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_221158.jpg
188KB, 1224x918px
>>34438569

>Pretend

Im-fucking-plying
>>
>>34438471
>be Oregonian
>drive up north to vacation in Eugene
>stop in The Baron's Den to look around
>notice they have a Daewoo K2 on the wall
>$800
>have the money to do so
>decide against it because I'm in the market for a Mauser
>find out 3 years later that Daewoo rifles go for $1500
>>
>>34438865
Should've had your parents gift you a lower or finish an 80%.
>>
>50's Model 12 factory riot gun, blued, 92%
>$550
>"Last thing I need is another shotgun I won't shoot."
>same gun comes back to the shop a month later
>pass on it again

Fuck my face why am I retarded?
>>
Why would you regret not buying a bubba'd Mauser?
>>
>>34439806
professionally done sporter conversion =/= bubba
>>
>>34439812
Keep telling yourself that, Bubba.
>>
>>34439697

One of these flags is not like the others

one of these flags does not belong

One of these fags is just like the others.....surprise!

the faggot doe not belong
>>
File: laughing nazis.jpg (77KB, 750x390px) Image search: [Google]
laughing nazis.jpg
77KB, 750x390px
>>34439873

>It's a "part-schwarz, part-Taco American (((White))) mongrel tries to school you on your own nation's history" episode.
>>
>>34438471
>Wanting a sporterized gun for more then parts or a hunting\ truck gun
>>
File: 01.jpg (57KB, 526x469px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
57KB, 526x469px
>>34439918
you lost, history lesson over.
>>
>>34438471
>Things we absolutely fucking regret.
I started a thread a while ago and people told me to stick my gun up my ass. They were just kidding and all probably. At least it wasn't a shotgun.
>>
>>34438471
id try my best to buy it. value wise, you might end up ahead depending on the rifle and if youre going to get "correct" parts for it. but you arent going to get a german mauser for cheaper these days unless its mismatched or trashed
>>
File: IMG_8092.jpg (22KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8092.jpg
22KB, 317x267px
>>34440528
>truck gun
>>
Not getting into Milsurp in a big way 10 years ago when I first thought about it.
>>
>hey come buy this overpriced surplus that was totally engraved by adolf hitler and not my inbred retard fudd cousin who also happens to be really good at sporterizing classic bolt action rifles if you ever need a guy

it's probably a sporterized swastika just like the sporterized stock
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 960x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 960x920px
>>34440592
>Not having a beater gun in the back seat of your truck to plink during a break from farm work.
>>
My store had a gat for $25. It was a mystery .22lr bolt action with an unrifled barrel. Real shitty piece of work but it was $25, I should have totally grabbed it if only for the sake of saying I bought a gun for 25 bucks.
>>
>>34439735
Ayyyyyy oregun fag too
>>
>>34439735
eugene here, the Barron's Den fucking went under and closed, somehow.
>>
>>34442081
Tfw my names Eugene and I'd always get some dumb bitch on tinder asking me what living in Eugene is like.
>>
>>34442089
I'd rather be named Eugene than live here desu
>>
File: 4l.jpg (23KB, 260x381px) Image search: [Google]
4l.jpg
23KB, 260x381px
>>34438512
>>
>>34438471
this kills the man
>>
>>34439697
iron these bitch
>>
>>34438897
I understand this goes against your point, but do you have some links to worthwhile resources?
>>
>>34438897
>3 years of being a fucking retard

Sorry, you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>at firearm consignment auction
>looking around before auction starts
>come across a late entry. It wasn't on the list a week ago
>most of a Gewehr 43
>missing the stock and magazine. Everything else is there
>in ok shape. No rust, a little pitting here and there. Bore looks great
>it finally comes up for auction, real late in the auction
>I've already spent $530 on stuff today, but want to try and snag this up.
>me and 1 guy rapidfire bid this up to $300 before I finally stop
>I could have afforded to keep going, but money at the time was starting to get a little tight, I only had about $500 to play around with, which I spent that day. It just seemed like a smarter financial decision to call it good for a day
>constantly wonder how high the other bidder would have gone. He obviously knew what the gun was worth

I know magazines and repro stocks are expensive, but that potentially was the only time I'd ever get a G43 for under $1000.
>>
>>34438512
I don't know what OPs reasons are, but I enjoy collecting weapons my family has used.
My grandfathet and his brothers were all Nazis. Opa was Wehrmacht, his older brother was SS and his younger brother was in the youth. After the war he was granted amnesty to work over here as an engineer. So I enjoy collecting Nazi guns in their honor.
Similarly, my father went back and served in West Germany during the cold war, so I would love to get my hands on the guns he used.
>>
>>34438471
That's not the best deal for a sporterized K98k dude. It makes them worth less, and the stocks are not cheap. I sold my russian capture k98k with 340 rounds for $750. You didn't really miss out if you were going for the k98k aspect.
>>
>>34438572
he was better at winning wars and getting rid of undesirables :^)
>>
File: HK 51.jpg (223KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HK 51.jpg
223KB, 800x600px
>I regret not buying 3 more suppressors, not building a HK51 clone and SBRing a .308 lower before 41F passed.

Fuck the NFA game is expensive. HPA needs to happen, but is most likely dead in the water.
>>
>>34438897
>I'm still just teaching myself HOW to shoot.
To be perfectly honest, you'll always be teaching yourself how to shoot. Shooting ain't adding up single digit numbers. You won't be done with it in a month, a year, or 10 years even. Tighter groupings, longer ranges, faster aquisition, ambidexterity, threat evaluation, teaching yourself to be cross-dominant because of that fucking cataract... there's always more to learn.
>>
>>34438512
Hey, kid, there's this amazing thing that might blow your mind: some adults with disposable income and a deep respect for history like to collect mementos of the past, whether good or bad, since they embody lessons of the story of mankind. Not due to being Wehraboos or neo-nazis or what have you.

Fuck, I have a trunk of rather disgusting US WWI equipment for the sake of history. I'd never wear it because I'd rather not smell like old barn dust and mouse piss, and I'd probably break out in a horrible rash if I did wear it for any length of time, but having around 40% of a US AEF Doughboy's kit is fascinating, especially as a gear collector, and it has me on the lookout for the other 60%, or repeats in better condition.

>ywn find a reasonably priced Springfield 1903 or Enfield M1917

Life is suffering.
>>
>>34442556
You know you can still file Form 1's right?
>>
>>34442715
I don't want to deal with the fingerprint bs. I know I can change my trust around without any trouble, but fuck them for changing the process.
>>
>>34438471
>trying to buy a handgun
>find the sig Sauer p320 for 300$ish New online
>hmm I'll wait till I have the spending money for this
>keep spending my money on other things and putting it off
>military decides to adopt it
>oh God no
>go back to it quickly to buy but it's out of stock everywhere and stays this way for a month or two
>they finally come back in stock but now everyone is screaming about it so it's 499$ and everyone now hates it almost as bad as glock because it's just cool to hate on it.
>>
>>34438471
lol Faggot, you know it gone by now...

Suffer.
>>
If we are talking regrets in general, I wish I never became a pharmacist.
Weapon related?
Not buying a lefty Remington 870 when I shoot right handed anyway.
>>
Plenty of gun regrets.
> Let my dad sell my grandfathers handgun.

> Bought a tec-9 as my first gun.

> Bought an AK at a good price but with a shitty aftermarket dust cover that replaced the iron sights and it's a shitfest to find replacement cover and sights.

> Overpaid on pretty much everything.
>>
>>34438716
They're all made in Germany
>>
>USPc .40 v7
>gen 3 G26 FDE
>Sig SP2022 FDE
>Sig P226 W. German

my regrets. never sell a good gun, you always regret it.
>>
>>34443445
>>34443445
Tec-9 as a first? That's one hell of a regret.
>>
>>34443611
I got my first gun right after Sandy Hook, so I was afraid ASS-Ha-ult weapons would get banned.

When I saw the cheap turd I thought it looked cool.

Feels bad.
>>
>>34443709
The TEC-9's reliability goes up dramatically if you use factory Intratec magazines. For whatever reason TEC-9s shit the bed with aftermarket ones.
>>
>>34442104
Move to the little town of Albany, if you want poon go to corvo ten mins away.
>>
File: 1434774710961.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1434774710961.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>34439918
>it's a "half-slav chink thinks buying the kiregsmarine, reich war, and the holy roman empire flag makes him a 100% honorary aryan" episode
too bad those germans destroyed the holy roman empire, so much for the first reich
>>
File: Birchwoodmosin.jpg (69KB, 855x640px) Image search: [Google]
Birchwoodmosin.jpg
69KB, 855x640px
>>34438512

>Why would I want a rare, high quality rifle with history and beaty behind it.

For the same reason people pay extra for a "simple" Mosin in rare wood: To hold a special object that will stand out in your collection and has actually some history behind it.

Also, so OP doesn't get it.
>>
>Bought a Heritage Arms Rough Rider for $200
>Bought the extra .22 WMR cylinder for $30
>Went home to try it out
>22 Mag works great, but the ammo is nonexistant in local shops
>22 LR keyholes out of the barrel, can't shoot straight past 5 feet.

tfw you bought a brand new gun and all you can use it for is snakeshot
>>
File: Lets see.png (236KB, 828x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lets see.png
236KB, 828x960px
>>34438540

Uuuh, close but seems like I still have some sanity in me left.
>>
>>34438512
Because it's history you dingus, I would also want to buy a Mosin with Red Army markings.
>>
>>34443825

>mfw when .22 mag is ridiculously available on the internet but apparently you've never heard of the internet.
>>
>>34443784
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
A messy shit that only served as a playground for Austria.
And the Germans didn't even destroy the HRE, Napoleon was the one who did that
>>
>>34443851
I buy it occasionally on the internet, but desu its an expensive fad caliber, I did not think the purchase through. They sell .223 cheaper than .22 Mag online. Hence me posting on a thread about purchases we regret...
>>
>>34443845

I want a Mosin with Imperial AND Soviet markings.
>>
>>34443888
Double trips of truth
>>
>>34443901
That's not how it works dicklick
>>
>>34443445
Dude, AK dust covers and iron sights are not difficult to find. I have the parts you and I'd be willing to work out a trade with your tec 9 (with me adding money of course)
>>
>has fudd stock requiring another stock and rear sight is fudded

Yeah really worth your time, bud
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.