[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey K. I'm going to a shooting range soon for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: guns.png (511KB, 1789x964px) Image search: [Google]
guns.png
511KB, 1789x964px
Hey K. I'm going to a shooting range soon for the first time. What do you guys suggest I fire?
https://www.triggerservice.cz/en/guns
>>
As many as you can
>>
>>34433826
Try the Hi-Power, you'll be spoiled by the grip.
>>
>>34433927
/thread
>>
>>34433927
I wish, I can't stay there long and I'm only gonna really have time for 4-5 guns.
At the moment my list is the AK-47, Deagle, PPSH, Mosin and either the Walter PPK (because of James Bond) or the 1911
I've had warnings about the Mosin fucking my shoulder up afterwards but it'll still be fun
>>
>>34434000
checked
stay there longer, or make multiple trips and shoot more of them.
>>
>>34434045
also you've gotta shoot a CZ
>>
>>34434045
Yeah, I'll either fly back at a later date or go to another one. I've got to be in Austria later that day so I really don't have a huge amount of time which is a shame.
>>34434056
I've been told by a few people that I need to. If I have time I will.
>>
>>34434000
So hold up.
This shit about Mosins having a lot of kick,
Is this a board myth? Is it specific to the mechanism of mosins in particular?

I've never shot a mosin. But I own an SVT-40, which uses 7.62x54R, and it's gentle as a lamb.
Every time someone complains about mosins being cannons, I am baffled.
Are my fellow /k/ommandos huge pussies?
Am I an immovable object?
Am I missing something fundamental, like my SVT having built in recoil management?
Is it all a big over exaggeration for the sake of board culture?

Somebody please help educate me on this?
>>
>>34434320
>>34434000
It's a meme. Mosins don't have huge recoil unless you're a turbo manlet skelly
>>
>>34434297
also just checked their website, you'll probably never see a jericho or AUG, so if you want to ever shoot those do it now. I wouldn't shoot the AR because you can do that anywhere
>>
>>34434351
Yeah I was thinking of it. Weird question but is the Jericho famous from any film/game (I'm a Britbong so I don't know a huge amount about guns yet I knew about that one)
>>
>>34434328
>>34434320
I've been told by a fair few people that it has a lot of kick but its kinda a relief to hear that it doesn't. Even if it does I think it'll be fun to use anyway though.
>>
>>34434320
Your SVT by nature should have less felt recoil than a mosin, it's just inherent to semi-auto designs. The recoil impulse is spread out over a longer time, so it feels gentler.
>>
>>34434409
it's in an anime so /k/ fags talk about it a lot. also we all knew you were a brit, otherwise you would already know what an AR is like (spoiler: they aren't very special, especially that M&P)
>>
>>34434000
Not a bad list. As much as I like walther, i'd do the 1911. The only thing I would say stay away from if you're limited on time/guns are shotguns. They suck in doors and get boring fast, IMO, unless you're destroying things, shooting clays or weird ammo. Also 9mm rifles are a lot of fun.
>>
>>34434588
I'm thinking of actually getting an AR15 after uni. You only need a section 1 license to get rifles (and silencers). But yeah, I can go anywhere for an AR15
>>
>>34434783
Outside of maybe a double barrel, shotguns don't really interest me a whole lot if I'm going to a range. I'd much rather use pistols and rifles and just have fun seeing how accurate I can be etc.
>>
>>34434471
Plus ya know. The whole spring thing.
>>
>>34434320
Mosins don't have kick. They have metal buttplates that leave bruises if you aren't wearing heavy clothing. But the recoil isnt anything remarkable.
>>
>>34435095
Thanks for letting me know, I'll wear a jacket or something then.
>>
>>34435095
>>34435109
Mosin carbines have a notably sharper kick to them, though I assume OP will be shooting a full sized one.
>>
>>34435164
I mean they call it a sniper so I'd imagine its full length
>>
>>34433826
CZ 75.
Great Shooter.
Have an old one and it is one of my favs to shoot
>>
>>34435270
can't go to a range in the czech republic and not shoot a CZ
>>
>>34435270
>>34435299
Yeah, I might replace the PPSH with it. Whats the difference between the shadow line and the tactical sports?
>>
File: 20170630_205115.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_205115.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>34433826
S P 0 1
>>
>>34435461
God damn thats nice. I think I'll have to fire it
>>
>>34435484
I assume you are a czech bro right? You'll be a natural at handling CZ UB pistols
>>
>>34435499
Britbong. I'm going around Europe on a big holiday with some friends.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.