[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, How do i motivate myself to read this ridiculously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (562KB, 513x783px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
562KB, 513x783px
/k/, How do i motivate myself to read this ridiculously long (910 pages) book?
>>
>910 pages
>Ridiculously long
>>
If you can't be arsed to read the book you lack the will to use its contents.
>>
You either do, or do not. Motivation is a farce, if you want something then you will do it, and if not, you wont. In the next five seconds you will start reading that book, and if you begin to make excuses as to why you can't, then you don't really want to read that book after all.

And in the end, what's the point of doing thing you don't want to?
>>
Spend a week in the woods without it.
>>
>>34432969
Strand yourself out in the desert with no supplies.
>>
>>34432982
>Motivation is a farce, if you want something then you will do it,

that probably sounded cooler in your head
>>
>>34432996
I spent years using motivational videos and similar material as masturbatory distractions.
Looking to the internet for motivation to do things is the wrong way to go about it. All it does is make you feel good about yourself because you're "trying to change" without really changing anything at all.

You just have to work on discipline.
>>
File: 1493820234505.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493820234505.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>34433021
Yeah, fuck off autist.
>>
>>34433021
says a guy on the internet.

c'mon mr miyagi why don't you just teach us your secrets
>>
>>34433034
>>34433036
I don't really understand how you could want to argue against discipline
>>
>>34433034
While you were busy reading books on survival i was buying ozark trail at walmart.

while you were wasting time and energy on exercise i was preparing my mind by training with my katana

you use the word motivation as if you could control your own motivation. I use the word motivation as an insult against my stupid dad. You morons decided to move out of the house in your late teens. I'll inherit mine when my parents die.
>>
>>34433048
*teleports behind you*

your just a guy on the internet kid no a fence
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Take it one lesson/item at a time. The Ranger handbook sucks ass to read outside of the battle drills; who the fuck wants to learn how to establish comms? Find the fun parts and read that after one or two boring sections. Practice it, don't just fucking read it; knots, specific procedures, and shit like that has to be hands on. We walked through I don't know how many battle drills and did how many rope classes; but if you honestly want to retain it, you have to do it.
>>
Haven't finished reading it started around 2 years. I tend to use it as reading material when I want a break from reading other stuff. It's just large enough that it's kind of a pain in the ass to drag around at the times it'd be handy to have around to read. I suppose if you REALLY want to read it just go over the table of contents, put the parts you find interesting through a digital scanner, print it off and carry around a a chapter or two that's a lot more easily fold able so it's easy to fit in a pocket.
>>
>>34433930
Also part of why I'd print it for personal use is when I read books I end up wanting to take notes down, except that takes a lot of time and writing for a specific note to make sense or it's location while I don't want to write on the actual book itself to try and keep it in good condition or there just isn't enough space. Printing a small part of it would make that a lot easier and you can change the font or layout size for however you like it then you can take a highlighter pen or write all over it however you want without messing up the original. Otherwise I end up sticking a billion bookmarks in whatever I'm reading and forget whatever thought I had to jot down when I go back and look at it later. Also makes whatever I'm searching more sporadic since some materials will make me want to look up a subject or thing mentioned a little more in depth or I have a list of vocabulary words I noticed and want to look up a more narrow definition of. Just depends on how you want to study I often have to try to organize a lot or it's too easy to get side tracked.
>>
Read 15 mins one day and every 2 days increment 5 mins to how long you read till you hit some arbitrary cap
>>
>>34432969
It's a handbook, you don't have to read it all.
>>
Kill people
>>
File: modafinil.jpg (109KB, 480x357px) Image search: [Google]
modafinil.jpg
109KB, 480x357px
Take the White Pill.
>>
You dont have to. Some of the stuff there is pretty well known nowadays if you are not a complete retard. Some of it will be completely useless to you(are you planning on surviving in desert or in arctic climate)?
Sure it has useful stuff in it, but you dont actually HAVE to read it.
Also if you dont want to, you probably dont need it. The motivation should come from the inside, otherwise you will just get demotivated in like 30 minutes of reading
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.