[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth fraternating with men who will surely see you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Tired Tommy.jpg (44KB, 564x447px) Image search: [Google]
Tired Tommy.jpg
44KB, 564x447px
I mean, always had that doubt. Why even talk with someone that I'll probably seee die horribly?
At the same time, I would go nuts by myself avoiding contact with the men that I must work with to save my life.

Some of you Vets could give me you personal take on this?
>>
>>34430584
You can't do anything while being a little bitch cunt. You get to know them because you will get bored as fuck, you will want to know more because they are your only companions. You will care more for their safety if you know what they need to be able to go home to, even if that means it hits you harder if they die.
>>
>>34430617
At what point that caring can fuck your chance to not only you surviving, but puting the whole "group" in danger?
I mean like a Medic climbing to no mans land to rescue some friend and getting killed. I don't like to think that you must act like an ant, but being over sensitive about your guys may create groups that care more about themselves than the whole army the are part of.

>being a little bitch cunt
Yeah I am, probably.
>>
>>34430584
It's self preservation. You get to know them, they get to know you, you end up wanting to save each other's life. Do this with an entire company size element and you've got a remarkable fighting force.
Also, war is more than shooting. It's also trading to get that pack of m&ms. Its "Fuck, you forgot your chapstick but that one guy always carries extra". Its having a shoulder to cry and and then reassures you "fuck Jodie and your whore wife".

No one joins the army to die. They join to kill the bastard who signed up to die.
>>
>why I would care to have any friends if they gonna die anyway
>>
>>34430697
Strawman.
>>
>>34430681
Thanks anon. Yeh I get that you will surely need some buddy to keep you from blowing your head off.
IMaybe is the fact that I live in country with almost no War history, compared to the Us at least. And people tend to only stick to their close friends, I don't see myself dying for some bastard living 1000 miles from me just because we wear the same uniform.
>>
>>34430721
Not really, it's more of an extrapolation. The main difference between battle buddies and friends is time scale. We all die eventually, but active soldiers just have a greater chance of that happening sooner rather than later. In either case, there are still massive benefits to socialization (and how those specifically apply to soldiers has been discussed) even though it comes with the inevitable pain of separation.
>>
>>34430737
But anon they are not bastards living 1000 miles away, they are your fellow countrymen that happen to be bastards wearing the same uniform in the same shitshow trying to make it out in one piece.
>>
>>34430877
Well that depends, last time I checked, officers in our armies like to torture their soldiers if they refuse even the most stupid orders.
But I'll be honest, I'm getting paranoid about war down here, we are in a very divided society now and things will not go pretty if SHTF.

Nevermind, only time will say.
>>
>>34430584
>Is it even worth being human
>>
>>34430584
>Is there any point being friends with the people who you're gonna spend months with and may potentially save your life on many occasions
Are you legitimately autistic?
>>
>>34430925

Venezuela?
>>
>>34430584
Because if you're friends with your squad they're more interested in dragging your ass back into cover when you get shot, you fucking imbecile
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.