[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there actually an explicit ban on semi-automatic, open bolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: auctionpics001.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
auctionpics001.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
Is there actually an explicit ban on semi-automatic, open bolt weapons? I know that supposedly in 1982 that's when the ATF started to classify them as machine guns and with the 1986 ban on newly manufactured ones for civilians that practically outright banned them for civilians. But the ruling I could find on their website only talk about specific guns, like the KG-9. I can't find anything that says that all semi-automatic open bolts are now classed as machine guns.

Any insight into this is appreciated
>>
>>34427780
bump
>>
I they're banned because the deemed that they're (open bolt semi-auto guns) too easy to convert to full auto weapons. I'm not sure if the law specifically bans them.
>>
>>34428162
They are not banned by law as it should work.
The ATF has the unconstitutional power to legislate whatever the fuck they want. Most ATF regulations are unconstitutional breaches of our 2A and legislative due process.
>>
>>34427780
The ATF never made a ruling that explicitly banned semi-automatic open-bolt guns. It's a combination of things:

When ATF released two ruling that classified the KG-9 and a bunch of other open-bolt semi-automatics as machine gun, gun manufacturers believed that if an open bolt semi-automatic pistol/rifle/shotgun was submitted to the ATF for approval as a Title I firearm the ATF would likely classify it as a machine gun on the basis of being 'readily restored to shoot automatically more than one round per function of the trigger'

Between 1982 and May 19, 1986, new open-bolt semi-automatics could still be bought, sold, possessed as Title II firearms but the extra hassle made then in extremely low demand; why register a semi-automatic open-bolt as an MG when I can buy a real MG?

The final nail in the coffin was the passing of the Firearm Owners Protection Act. The definition of a machine gun was officially amended to include a machine gun to be a firearm that can be readily restored to one. With the ban on civilian manufactured ones after that date, there was now no way to privately own a new one.

So no, there is not an explicit ban on them, but a combination of ATF opinion and regulations serve as a de facto ban on them.
>>
>>34428255
A bit long but thank you, anon.
>>
File: 1481269138318.gif (90KB, 260x233px) Image search: [Google]
1481269138318.gif
90KB, 260x233px
>>34428201
I'm waiting for the God-Emperor to purge those faggots.
>>
>>34428343
>getting a well written answer to a question
>on fore chan
>be snide
wow
>>
There are a few models that fell through the cracks. No one is willing to try to make a new one, per above, and many types were reclassified, but the ATF forgot about a few models or had difficulty obtaining records...in one case the factory had burned down..and those you can still buy as regular firearms.
>>
>>34427780
I believe the ATF approved an open-bolt gun that was single-shot only.
>>
File: 1498667839721.jpg (63KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1498667839721.jpg
63KB, 500x385px
>>34428343

>a bit long
>>
File: C-9MVvqUMAUDDrH.jpg (72KB, 833x655px) Image search: [Google]
C-9MVvqUMAUDDrH.jpg
72KB, 833x655px
>>34430950
>Wants something done
>Waits for someone else to do it
This is how places like California are made, men of inaction.
>>
>>34428343
you got a proper response you dumb retard gorilla nigger
>>
>>34431406
I'd like to see that one. My impression of an open bolt is one that goes until it's stopped with the trigger.
>>
>>34431828
Part of the reason why the ATF approved it was that since it didn't have a magazine it wasn't readily restorable to shoot more than one round per function of the trigger
>>
>>34428343
That took 30-45 seconds to read at most
11 years on this site and this is the closest I have gotten to rustled jimmies. At least you said thank you
>>
>>34427780
iirc open bolt semi autos pre-ban were grandfathered
>>
>>34431406
Cobray Terminator a "simi-auto" open "bolt" shotgun that is regarded as one of the worst guns ever made.
>>
>>34428343

>A bit long

Picky bitch, aintcha?
>>
>>34433894
I think OP wanted an explanation in 140 characters with the majority of them being emojis
>>
>>34430950
What is it like to be a complete and utter dupe?
>>
>>34427780
>s there actually an explicit ban on semi-automatic, open bolt weapons?
In the law? No.
>>
File: 1445719409190.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445719409190.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
>>34431828
>What is the GB-22
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.