[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one guy with a suppressor on his rifle, the others aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

>one guy with a suppressor on his rifle, the others aren't
>different uniforms, one guy with multicam and the rest use a desert bdu
>different comms pieces
>different plate carriers

so are you alowed to bring your own shit in SF as long as it's milspec?
>>
>>34423596
>what are "big boy rules"

Basically, yes.
>>
>>34423606
sauce
>>
>>34423596
>so are you alowed to bring your own shit in SF as long as it's milspec?
I'm sure the KAC NT-4 was in the armory.
>>
>>34423596
They are adults. They get to bring what they deem fit for a given objective.

You are not an adult. This is why everything you get and do is standardized (and even then you manage to fuck up).
>>
Maybe they are from different units?
>>
>>34424031
Another question concerning rifle attachments and armorers, are you forced to use whatever your armorer issues you depending on your mission, or do you just casually walk in and ask him to give you what you want?
>>
suppressor is for executing civilians/prisoners with subsonic ammo
>>
File: 1498754573930.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498754573930.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>34424069
Subsonic 556 does not cycle
>>
>>34424052
For the most part as long as your armory has it and it's nothing to wazoo you can just request to have it on your rifle.
>>
These guys are D Boys. Big boy rules apply. Now if you did this in Ranger Batt... Your PSG would rip you a new one and you'd be low crawling everywhere
>>
>>34423596
CAG, maybe 2006-2009 Iraq. They have a collection of gear that they have acquired over time. In most cases, they are not going to tell individual operators how to roll.
>>
File: SEAL_jacket.jpg (141KB, 470x684px) Image search: [Google]
SEAL_jacket.jpg
141KB, 470x684px
>>34424018
>>
What is that suppressor with all those hole things on it? Looks aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>34424075
>just ARcuck things
>>
>>34423596
arent these army guys afraid that theyre gonna get shot one day? why dont they just quit and work at a furniture factory or something safer?
>>
>>34425107
The daily grind of wagecuck life fucking sucks. If I wasn't medically disqualified for having meme tier genetics I'd be out there every day until I died, and you can bet your ass I'd go anyways if they'd let me.
>>
Anon when you go Tier 1 you can literally carry whatever the fuck you deem right for the mission. Plus Delta has the added advantage of designing their own mission plans.

You can carry a fucking MG42 if you deem so.
>>
>all three have scissors
What's the tactical advantage here?
Also where are the Glocks? I was told these guys use Glocks. I see zero (0) Glocks.
>>
>>34425298
they're trauma shears.

They keep them in order to quickly cut someone out of their clothing in the event of an injury, to get to the wound quickly
>>
>>34425298
tactical haircuts
>>
>>34423596
this is all issued equipment
>>
>>34425298
Only SEALs and MARSOC use Glocks.
>>
>>34425326
Literally this.
>>
>>34425334
Delta uses Glocks nowadays too.
>>
>>34425244
what if someone tried to carry a daisy bb gun during a mission as a troll. would anyone stop them?
>>
>>34425408
You don't even begin to imagine just how free the Delta reign is.
>>
File: 1483931349394.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483931349394.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>34423596
>Not understanding SF gets their shit from the government like everyone else in the military

really?
>>
>>34425414
Weren't SEALs the first to bring in those stupid Cold Steel Tomahawks?

>>34425428
Special operations teams get free shit from tactical product companies in the same way supermodels get free clothes. Best way to show off your product is having some SOF guy walking around with it. Then all the conventional combat arms guys get obsessed with the product. Then all the law enforcement and militia guys get obsessed with it. And then the tacticool ninjas bring up the rear.
>>
File: 8b7.jpg (45KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
8b7.jpg
45KB, 600x463px
>>34425450
Nah man, in the POG's on my base always got obsessed with SF shit. They would spend their paychecks on that shit the minute they got them.

Like the fuck are you going to use this shit for?
>>
>>34425450
>SOF gets free shit

Nigger what.
>"hey lets give free shit to these ninja dudes that are very, very, VERY rarely seen let alone captured on photographs, they will market the ever loving FUCK out of our gear"

Nothing is free. These dudes destroy gear in training, let alone on the actual field. They switched to Glocks because Delta couldn't afford to buy new 1911s and then have them completely rebuilt to Unit standards in terms of precision and ruggedness, only for barrels to be shot to shit over two weeks and then remade from scratch.

Youtube dudes get free shit. SOF hardly so. Delta uses Geissele triggers on everything, those things cost 250$ a pop, for a comparison sake.

>>34425477
SF and SOF are not the same. SF = Special Forces = Army Green Berets.
SOF = Special Operations.
>>
>>34425408
"TACTICAL AUDITORY DISTRACTORY TACTICS. FUCK YOU I'M DELTA." - Anonymous Tactical Delta Tactical Operator, 2017, Tactically Unsourced, Redacted, Amen
>>
>>34425450
They were the first to carry tomahawks as an unofficial unit emblem of sorts. Pretty sure they were custom ones though and not cold steel.
>>
>>34425491
why would they want a 1911 over a glock in the first place
>>
>>34425491
Thank you, finally someone else who know's the difference between SF and SOF.
>>
>>34425574
Delta carried 1911s for something like 30 years. They would tape the grip safety.

Because >.45. Comps and extendos.
>>
>>34425148
>muh genetics
>>
>>34425617
It's not obesity you meme loving fuck. My thyroid and pancreas both failed before I ever left the hospital.
>>
>>34425645

How can you be such a defective piece of genetic garbage and still wake up and breath every day?

Kill yourself. You clearly weren't meant to live.
>>
>>34425661
>I'm an edgy summerfag : the post
>>
>>34425661
>How can you be such a defective piece of genetic garbage
My parents are both from the same tiny Yuropoor island that had been interbreeding for centuries before finally discovering sea travel, and even still continue to do so to this day in other countries as evidenced by my birth.
>and still wake up and breath every day?
Pills and injections.
>Kill yourself. You clearly weren't meant to live.
I'd rather kill sand people and commies, but Uncle Sam won't let me. I await synthetic replacement organs or a drastic loosening of standards.

>>34425695
>implying edge is summer
>>
>>34425592
>know's

the fuck is this?
>>
File: 1625x4z.jpg (278KB, 1600x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1625x4z.jpg
278KB, 1600x1077px
>>34425603
A lot of them had the grip safety pinned rather than taped if they could but field expediency and all that. If you didn't give a fuck you could file down the piece that engages the trigger bow but I guess it's nice to be able to go back stock. There has always been myths that "seals" had their 1911 safeties machined where they would not engage the sear and only act as lock preventing the slide from reciprocating when using suppressors similar to the vietnam mk22 and KAC M9x. I've never seen actual proof of this other than memes floating around the regular places.
>>
>>34425817
know what's
>>
>>34424075
>he hasn't converted to 300 BLK yet
>>
>>34425883
While I've read pretty much every single book that deals with Delta, I don't know that much about Seals. I know that back in the late 90s typical SEAL (non ST6) had a choice between the p226 in 9mm and the USP in .45 and that a lot chose the USP because at the time the 226 mags were very fimmicky. I think that's mentioned in Wasdin's book.
>>
>>34425929
i hope you die because an afghani kid shot at you from 400 meters away and you couldn't fire back since your meme round can't get past 200 meters without dropping like a dead pigeon
>>
NT4 eternally most aesthetic can
>>
>>34425971
>baseless memes
It's 300 meters.
>>
>>34425971
lol that was awesome thanks. i have a 7.62x39 WASR with with a red dot if i ever need to get beyond like 20 yards, but i live in america where niggers don't know how to stay off private property anyway so its no big deal
>>
>>34425883
That's pretty neat, never seen that before. Is it possible to acquire that kind of suppressor still? Is it worth it?
>>
>>34425883
Delta, way back, used to use KAC suppressed revolvers. Can't out-badass that.
>>
File: 1.png (182KB, 357x556px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
182KB, 357x556px
>>34426005
>>34425997
an MP5 (or any other decent SMG, really) does what a 300blk rifle does but better.

inb4 bait
it's true, they're lighter and smaller. perfect for CQB.

when you carry a rifle chambered in drop-like-rock round, you're carrying a rifle that does not shoot more than 200 meters, which a fucking disgrace for a rifle, and in the same time struggles to keep up with SMGs in close quarters
you're having the worst of both worlds when you carry that.
>>
>>34426139
>it's true, they're lighter and smaller. perfect for CQB.
if you're a fit male lighter only matters after a certain point. an 7lb rifle is a lot better than a 12lb rifle but going from an 7lb rifle to a 6lb rifle makes barely any difference.

Also lighter is bullshit, MP5s are way heavier than they look because of stamped steel. With the collapsible metal stock they're nearly 7lbs to start with.

>when you carry a rifle chambered in drop-like-rock round, you're carrying a rifle that does not shoot more than 200 meters, which a fucking disgrace for a rifle, and in the same time struggles to keep up with SMGs in close quarters
It definitely shoots more than 200 meters, it's just a pain in the ass to get your holds and your max ord is ridiculous. That being said to say it "struggles to keep up with SMGs" is a big exaggeration. When you're wearing 30-40lbs of armor, ammo, explosives, commo gear, NODs, etc, and you feel like the goddamn michelin man because your helmeted head and armored torso are like 3" wider than normal, a 0.5lb weight difference and 1" barrel length difference is like nothing.
>>
>>34426139
Bring me an MP5 that has no problem with L3 plates.
>>
>>34426218
yeah because jihadis totally get issued the latest crye plate carriers and AR500 plates, right?

>>34426200
MP5 SD (which is supposed to be the heaviest model because of the suppressor) weighs 2.8 kilos, and the MP5K weight 2.5 kilos, MP5A2 weights also 2.5 kilos
whereas the AR weighs 3.4 kg

as for length, a ten inch barrel AR's length is 760 mm, whereas the MP5's length is 500mm And if you collapse the stock it'd be much, much muuch lower than that.

And yes i'm cherypicking models by the way.
>>
>>34426200
>>34426394
Also, if you don't think that a kilo or two are a significant difference then you can get the fuck outta my face since you've obviously never hiked with your equipment or even played simunitions

ever played simunitions? course ya fukin didn't, anyway, trying to use a heavier rifle in CQB is like trying to pull around a SAW. the lighter the rifle the better it is for room clearing, and yes even a pound makes a good difference
>>
>>34426394
except the polymer stock models are garbage cause of the fixed LOP

also you're cherrypicking AR weight numbers like a bitch too, the Sig MCX SBR (as issued) is like 2.9kg unloaded.

>>34426416
Nigger, do you not know the difference between kilograms and pounds? Nowhere did I say 2 kilos is not a significant difference, stop getting outraged at your own strawman.

>ever played simunitions?
No because it's training, not paintball

>course ya fukin didn't
>implying

>anyway, trying to use a heavier rifle in CQB is like trying to pull around a SAW. the lighter the rifle the better it is for room clearing, and yes even a pound makes a good difference
nah you're just stupid. If a pound makes it hard for you to fucking raise your rifle or transition between targets something is very wrong with your arms.
>>
>>34426472
>except the polymer stock models are garbage cause of the fixed LOP
that can be fixed, what's your point?

>the Sig MCX SBR (as issued) is like 2.9kg unloaded
>unloaded
that's the codeword
the SMG weights i listed were LOADED.

>nah you're just stupid. If a pound makes it hard for you to fucking raise your rifle or transition between targets something is very wrong with your arms.
confirmed for never playing simunitions
delete this post and delete yourself, and let's stop derailing this thread
>>
>>34426501
>that can be fixed, what's your point?
posting the weight of the polymer stock MP5s and the length of a collapsable stock MP5 is ridiculous cherrypicking. Also if you'd ever held a real MP5 you'd know that 550mm is the collapsed length, the barrel is very close to a SBR AR-15's barrel length.

>the SMG weights i listed were LOADED.
literally a falsehood, a MP5 with polymer stock and polymer lower receiver is 2.6kg unloaded, ~2.8kg loaded. Go get yours and try it :^)

>confirmed for never playing simunitions
>delete this post and delete yourself, and let's stop derailing this thread
Trying this hard to defend a gun you've never owned, been issued, or even held is fucking cringe, kys.
>>
>>34425408

considering issues with seal literally tomahawking people, i don't see it as unrealistic.

But some of the other anons had it right, if its in the armory, its free game, you would be surprised at some of the crazy shit they have in the armory
>>
>>34426569
>posting the weight of the polymer stock MP5s and the length of a collapsable stock MP5 is ridiculous cherrypicking
>literally a falsehood, a MP5 with polymer stock and polymer lower receiver is 2.6kg unloaded, ~2.8kg loaded
>Also if you'd ever held a real MP5 you'd know that 550mm is the collapsed length
Check out the stats on fucking wikipedia yourself, moron.

>Trying this hard to defend a gun you've never owned, been issued, or even held is fucking cringe, kys.
i was issued the mp5 in the national guard, (third world shithole) and while it's not perfect i'd rather have it over a gigantic rifle that i don't even think i can pie door corners correctly with it.
>>
>>34426594
>considering issues with seal literally tomahawking Dead people
FTFY
>>
>>34426594

also the supply guys will order pretty much anything else they want no questions asked when it comes to accessories or alternate gear (helmets/pouches/ and other clothing type stuff) from what I hear
>>
File: 1010151352a.jpg (483KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
1010151352a.jpg
483KB, 1500x844px
>>34426605
>unable to read
pic related, also fucking read the collapsible stock length again, it literally says

>while it's not perfect i'd rather have it over a gigantic rifle that i don't even think i can pie door corners correctly with it.
That's because you have third-world-shithole style training, too
>>
File: readwikipediayoustupidshit.png (4KB, 187x113px) Image search: [Google]
readwikipediayoustupidshit.png
4KB, 187x113px
and here

>>34426621
not exactly, nobody is getting special snowflake helmets just because you asked. If you can make a really good argument for why you need something maybe they can make it happen but not if you just want to be cool. At this point, odds are if you perceive a need, someone's already got the equipment for you to sign for and check out.
>>
>>34426630

Whatever happened to SOF and their ammo issue?

I heard that the penetrators were ineffective when used in conjunction with the mk18 for CQB, so some of them started using frangible ammo to increase lethality?
>>
>>34426630
>That's because you have third-world-shithole style training, too
At least i got formal training which is miles better than you watching travis hailey and re-enacting it with bubba in your mom's backyard.

>>34426664
my point still stands as i always keep my stock down.
>>
>>34426664

>. If you can make a really good argument for why you need something maybe they can make it happen but not if you just want to be cool

implying its not hard to make up a bullshit story as to why you reaaaallly reaaally need the new protecto helmet 9000
>>
>>34426676
>Whatever happened to SOF and their ammo issue?
M855 was not a great performer in a terminal ballistic sense. Mk262 was sometimes used because it at least fragments up close. Nowadays they're shooting stuff like 70gr brown tip or Mk318 SOST, both of which perform extremely well on people. The issues have long been resolved with 5.56, some of the AWG guys I talked to are pretty much adamant that anyone they saw shot in the upper chest was either completely combat ineffective or dead. Lots of drone footage to back it up too.

>I heard that the penetrators were ineffective when used in conjunction with the mk18 for CQB, so some of them started using frangible ammo to increase lethality?
I'm sure somewhere they used frang but it's a bad idea in my opinion. Breaking up if you hit some kind of intermediate barrier like auto glass or thin wood is not great for urban combat where that kind of stuff is commonplace.

>>34426686
>At least i got formal training which is miles better than you watching travis hailey and re-enacting it with bubba in your mom's backyard.
Nigger you can pretend all you want but if you can't even remember how long your issued long-gun was, you obviously didn't get any training.

>my point still stands as i always keep my stock down.
And even more proof that you have no idea what you're fucking doing.

>>34426696
>implying its not hard to make up a bullshit story as to why you reaaaallly reaaally need the new protecto helmet 9000

maybe but when everyone in your unit is issued the nicest shit out there to begin with, it gets really hard to explain wanting your unit to pay for something different.
>>
File: 1418518081495.jpg (46KB, 524x450px) Image search: [Google]
1418518081495.jpg
46KB, 524x450px
>>34425298
Dude in the middle has a Glock in one of his front pouches.

During this time period Delta was phasing out their 1911's and experimenting with Glocks in various calibers.

Here's Spooner from that period with a Glock in his rig too.
>>
>>34425062
Knights Armament NT4
>>
File: image-1.jpg (81KB, 1024x867px) Image search: [Google]
image-1.jpg
81KB, 1024x867px
>>34426010
probably not worth it. If you look you can see the lever and slide cut out for locking the slide forward. The only reason for a setup like that would be to limit any sound from mechanical movement. I've also read suppressors that mount to "flats" cut in the barrel like that are mainly used for rotating barrels to keep the can from torquing off. In this case it was an early attempt at QD mount system so I guess the thought of a ratcheting thread mount was beyond the minds of mortals in the 90's. That shit was about as High Speed Low Drag as you could get back then and right up there with mag lights mounted with pipe clamps to car-15's. Here's the mk22 you can clearly see the slide lock lever.
>>
>>34426772
>I'm sure somewhere they used frang but it's a bad idea in my opinion.

It's still being used and it's highly effective.
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2006/smallarms/kim.pdf
>>
>>34423596
they sure do wear a lot of stuff. wonder how long it takes them to get ready for a mission. I wonder if any of them have ever driven half way to the afghan torture dungeon and been like "fuck i forgot the thing that goes in my back left cargo pants pocket we gotta turn around"
>>
>>34429000
>http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2006/smallarms/kim.pdf
if this is the grey tip stuff I know the navvy seels use/used it. not sure about other branches

>>34429077
Not that long. Most guys have a process and if you do it the same way each time you won't forget anything.
>>
File: IMG_5277.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5277.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34429226
>if this is the grey tip stuff I know the navvy seels use/used it. not sure about other branches

It is the grey tip stuff, I have some. The SEALs are still using it.
>>
>>34429327
Yeah I was told it was originally meant for VBSS stuff cause they were worried about regular M855 ricocheting around steel passageways.
>>
>>34429350
Yeah that and it's a good training ammo too, safer and it's lead free. Saves the Navy money on not having to do lead cleanup on the training facilities.
>>
>>34425592
Half of /k/ knows the distinction, I rarely see people talking about special forces as sof unless they're talking about non-burger units.
>>
>>34429398

Is that a new frang?

didn't the army get rid of frang because the tungsten contamination was too high (the same reason they stopped using lead in the first place) on ranges
>>
>>34423596
>be special forces and dress up in whatever I want like a special snowflake
>get captured by the enemy
>not wearing any US, or unit insignia
>US can't do anything to save your retarded candyass
>>
>>34423596
can the special forces guys use the ak105's and shit if they want or do they not get to have them either
>>
>>34429941
you're retarded, they're all wearing flags. Also the insignia is not going to change anything, insurgents and terrorists don't give a fuck.
>>
>>34429917
It has a powdered copper-tin core, so no tungsten that I'm aware of. The older flat tip frangible stuff might be the one with tungsten, not 100% sure though.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.