[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your daily stalker thread Share stories, post images, collect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

File: 1498977921556.jpg (618KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1498977921556.jpg
618KB, 2560x1600px
Your daily stalker thread
Share stories, post images, collect artefacts
>>
Alright I guess I'll help the thread out some with the story of how we turned a shack in the woods into a hobo hideout/stalker base. Have some music to help you get in the stalker mood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A

>Bumfuck Louisiana, the outskirts of Ponchatula
>Buddy owns roughly 20 acres of land out there
>His family used to grow and preserve strawberries out of shack where their strawberry fields were 30 years or so
>Autumn of 2016, decide to grab AK and go innawoods with buddies to find shack
>Find it; old, desolate, but still standing
>Shack has an awning around it for tractors (I guess that's what it would be called?)
>Set up tents outside the shack underneath the awning, begin clearing floor space inside the shack
>eventually clear up the awning, build fire pit out of old washing machine drum and steel barrel
>put chairs back there, including an old sofa a buddy of mine was going to throw away
>renovate camp until it has fencing around the awning, a new door, new flooring, and some tables
>create makeshift kitchen
>find stash of Katrina era MREs in friend's house, decide to haul it to the camp
>name camp: "Solitude"
>Throughout the year we camp at Solitude, shooting guns at targets along the canal that runs through the property
>sometimes we get really fucking plastered out there too
>find neat shit in the woods too, like old bear traps and for some weird reason broken down cars
Has anyone else done something similar? Do you guys regularly go out there? Found anything cool while out there?
>>
>>34422557
The broken down cars thing seems pretty on par for the backwoods. Probably just people taking them out there to get rid of them.
>>
File: 1439865867520.jpg (24KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
1439865867520.jpg
24KB, 400x264px
>>34422608
I just don't understand how though. A lot of the properties are surrounded by thick woods, and there are even small swampy areas here and there. Not to mention the fuck ton of canals that etch through the properties.
>>
>>34422628
I mean obviously trees grow up, so maybe those places were cleared when they were dumped and nature just took over.
>>
>>34422638
Good point. I Just think it's kinda funny ya know?
>>
>>34422641
Yeah I get it. It's odd seeing shit in nature that doesn't belong there.
>>
>>34422651
Yeah. But honestly I think it's the shit that's normally found there that gets me the most. For instance small alligators love the canals because turtles and fish and nutria live in em so you gotta be careful where you step.
>>
File: 1968168.jpg (1MB, 3240x2430px) Image search: [Google]
1968168.jpg
1MB, 3240x2430px
>>
File: 1334558760840.png (21KB, 565x506px) Image search: [Google]
1334558760840.png
21KB, 565x506px
>>34422454
>decide to work with military
>gotta evac, shouldn't be to bad, got like 12 Spetznaz badasses, and I even heard they even have MI-24D support
>remember that time I stormed the Sarcophagus, and how much of a pain they were to deal with, and how much damage they did, it would be nice to have them on my side
>finally get to lz
>all hinds on the ground like a bunch of tards and chose somewhere between Main Monilth base and Sniper Apartments Inc as their lz
>mfw
>>
Are Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat worth picking up? I heard Pripyat was calls, but it's summer sale right now, so thought I could consider it.
>>
>>34424649
Pripyat is fun, not as good as Shadow of Chernobyl in my opinion but still plenty of fun, especially once you enter the second zone.

And you have to do the hunting quest line, standing around a swamp with a shotgun and using water ripples to figure out where one of the dozens of bloodsuckers is coming from is a top-tier experience.
>>
>>34422641
It's pretty common in Florida, you'll walk along a gulch or inland swamp area just wide enough for 1 person to go at a time only to have it widen out and open up at the end of the path to show you a rust riddled wreck of a vehicle that has no business being 3 miles down a swampy ravine, let alone on a plateau at the end of said ravine
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.jpg (702KB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.jpg
702KB, 1536x1250px
>>34424649
all STALKER games are totally worth playing, and should be tackled in release order.
There's pros and cons for each of the games, but if you learn the basics of the SoC, you should be fine in sequels.
>>
post a pic on a rooftop at pripyat, nobody care.
> Stalker Thread
>>
>>34427272
need tits and timestamp. No one cares about a pic you pulled off google.
>>
So I've just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on the steam summer sale and i want to mod it for better weapon damage and realism, how do i go about it? any advice or tips?
>>
File: 20170507_174931.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170507_174931.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Climbed out those tiny windows in the back ground and then climbed off the roof like a damn spider monkey
>>
>>34427511
Arsenal mod for COP made it alot more enjoyable when I started the series
>>
I finally got stalker shadow of Chernobyl and I got a Mak and a double barrel and cleared out a bandit village. I'm playing on the lowest difficulty too. Do I put in on the hardest so only a few shots kill me? I want it to be semi realistic. only a few shots traded to kill ect ect. What mods should I get?
>>
>>34428200
Play on the hardest difficulty for more realistic guns
>>
>>34428307

does it affect the drop rate of ammo/gun and loot?
>>
>>34427272
are there any more pictures?
>>
>>34427419
But anon i don't have tits !
>>34430508
Yes, but i'm in business trip this week
>>
>>34422694
Nice flag, faggot
>>
>>34430910
I'm glad you like it.
>>
File: Strelok in Conversation.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Strelok in Conversation.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>34428200
Play on Veteran or Master difficulty, no crosshairs.

Just finished SoC on Veteran, it was a wild ride. Never played it before, although I had finished Clear Sky 3 or so times and played LANs a bunch with it.

Definitely think SoC is the better game of the two - much more action and its nice to see lots of hinds in the air.

>get to Pripyat
>urban combat, snipers everywhere
>Shit this is what Chehcnya must have been like
>end up hanging back to waste monolith scum and grab so much ammo I can't walk.

It was a good playthrough, mostly using the TRS-301 with a scope. Although AK of course as soon as I could get my hands on one - carried it to the end.

Clear Sky has some great moments -the red forest is boss and the whole lead up to the limansk section is nice, as well as limansk itself. The military warehouses was pretty good too.
>that one time I found Strelok in the tunnel near limansk due to a glitch...
we had a pleasant conversation, before I killed him
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636KB, 986x897px
>>34427511
I'd recommend playing the games a la vanilla first, just to get the hang of things.

Consult this Starting Guide: >>34425197 .
Then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

>>34428200
yes, master mode is more realistic, to BOTH ways.
>>
>picked up call of pripyat during steam sale
>start game expecting some kind of plot to be explained
>get dropped in the middle of bumfuck nowhere
>start wandering around, nothing happens
>no stray bandit shoots at me, no weird mutants try to kill me, no anomalies, nothing
>check map, only marked objective is on the other side of the map
>start wandering in that direction
>try looting buildings
>some shotgun-wielding fuck and his dog oneshot me the second I step inside
>respawn in the middle of bumfuck nowhere again
does it get better?
>>
>>34433398
>start game expecting some kind of plot to be explained

The whole cinematic at the start of the game explains why you're in the zone, if that isn't enough for you then you need to go back to cowadooty or some other hallway shooter.

Stalker is more about wandering around and just finding shit than being spoon fed every detail.

Just go to Skadovsk and do whatever missions Beard, Owl and loners will give.
>>
>>34433398
>starting with the LAST game of the trilogy
>being this ADHD
yeah, your kind are best sticking with CoD.
>>
I want to try a Duty outfit for IRL stalkin' but I don't want look like Antifa squatting in a building. Any tips?
>>
File: duty - no fun allowed.jpg (53KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
duty - no fun allowed.jpg
53KB, 700x739px
>>34435687
>wanting to be associated with literal jarhead Nazis
>ever
kys, deserter, kys
>>
>>34435972
>Backing NATO slaves who exist only to fight a proxy war and destroy Russia via the expanding zone
>>
>>34433398
CoP is literally the best stalker game. Youre supposted to pay attention to the beginning. It also lets you know youre supposed to go to the closest boat to you on the map where the population is. Yes it gets better. Dont be a sperg
>>
File: 1496538214053.jpg (36KB, 409x427px) Image search: [Google]
1496538214053.jpg
36KB, 409x427px
>get into the first underground section
>see something run past the corner of my screen
>exit out of the game
Why did I have to be so afraid?
Also, how the fuck do I access the steam interface thing?
>>
File: 473.jpg (37KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
473.jpg
37KB, 500x628px
>>34437124
Oh, being afraid is normal.
>Decide to assassinate a VIP under the cover of darkness
>I am sneeki breaking
>Kill the guy and his buddies with ease
>On my way back dead of night
>Cutting through an area where I had killed bandits earlier
>"Huh that's odd bodies aren't where I had killed them, something moved them"
>That's when I hear it
>Footsteps
>Sounds like multiple people behind me
>I spin around and pull out my AK
>Nothing but inky blackness
>I turn around and continue on my way
>Footsteps faster and closer now accompanied with some kind of horrible roar
>I turn around to see two monstrosities at full sprint towards me
>Hunched over but still bigger than a man, tentacles coming out of its mouth
>I start screaming and magdump all 30 rounds into one
>It doesn't give a fuck, takes half my health before I switch to my shotty and finish it off
>Second one disappears from in front if me and reappears to my right
>Have to put 8 shells into it for it to go down
>I dump all my loot and sprint back to base
I never go out at night anymore, not after that encounter.
>>
>>34422703
Strelok pls go
>>
>>34424649
CoP is best, CS is worst, ShoC is in the middle. Don't buy them. Visit /sg/ for more info.
>>
>>34436101
Duty is superior faction. This dirty, Freedom peasant knows nothing of Cheeki Breeki magic.
>>
>>34422454
Stuck at Cordon in Clear Sky, can't get past machine gun bunkers. I hear this is a common problem. Halp pls
>>
>>34435972
>siding with literal potheaded commie burnouts when the Zone is expanding 5km every blowout
>>
>>34424649
For a total of like 8 bucks, buy them both. They're both good for a run through, then mod them and go through again after you've had some time to forget them a bit.

I got the arsenal overhaul for Clear Sky and got another 35 hours out of it with sexy gunplay and customization.
>>
>>34439580
Even better when you consider those commie potheads are mercs and shit recruited by NATO powers.
>>
File: 1499054506938.png (59KB, 455x451px) Image search: [Google]
1499054506938.png
59KB, 455x451px
Does anyone read the PDA info on all the mutants and anomalies?

I remember playing S.O.C. for the first time on GameTap and getting chills up my spine when the mutant directory didn't have a picture because I thought no one ever lived to get a picture of the mutant
>>
>>34439494
Happened to me too today, I went back into the tunnel and went the whole way around, enemies are still every where though.
>>
>>34422557
are you on the stalker map
>>
>>34440380
Doesn't mean they're effective. NATO is pretty arbitrary desu.
>>
>>34439494
Firstly, you can wait until they send a patrol and kill them and take their weapons. That's optional. but the next part is not:

You have to brute force it. run to the closest trees just down the hill, quick save.
Run to the next cover (the logs iirc?) and quick save. Remember to tap the run key if you get hit as you will stop running, so you gotta tap run again. Use your quick medkit and quick bandage keys (I usually set mine to M and B respectively so I can remember which they are)

Then you gotta get past the logs on the left with the crates underneath. Shoot the crates out if you can, if you don't want to, the MG will likely take them out anyway when you try to get through. This is the hardest part.

Just keep trying to run through the gap under the fallen logs, where the crates are. run, crouch, run again once you're out.
Once you make it (it can take 5 - 10 - 20 tries...) run along the fence line to the left and get as far away from the MG as possible.

Good luck stalker, its one of the hardest parts in Clear Sky, and not because of tactical problems or overwhelming enemies, purely because of the fucking MG.

I think if you have a sniper rifle you can shoot the MG gunner dead, but don't quote me. (and it's not really possible to get a decent sniper rifle at that early stage of the game)
>>
>>34440380
Just a reminder that the most deadly nonhuman creature in terms of numbers killed in Ukraine is not the Bloodsucker or the Snork- it is the Communist. The commies are the priority target to be cleansed from the Zone.
>>
>>34440617
I think I am. It's been a fuck long time ago. Does anyone have a link?
>>
File: 1412313971950.jpg (26KB, 482x277px) Image search: [Google]
1412313971950.jpg
26KB, 482x277px
>>34437124
Nigga I wish I could be afraid of the game again, now a days if I ever see a mutant my first instinct is to run right up to it and unload a magazine right into its face.

Even the bloodsucker village doesn't scare me anymore and it fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1439703747850.jpg (53KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1439703747850.jpg
53KB, 520x390px
>>34441454
Fear makes us human. But if you spend too much time in the zone you become something less than human. A killing machine incapable of feeling anything except Cheeki and Breeki
>>
>>34441398
https://zeemaps.com/map?group=1253068
>>
>>34422454
>Share stories, post images, collect artefacts
Did I go back to 2013 /sg/?
>>
File: pa-01.jpg (62KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pa-01.jpg
62KB, 600x450px
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

In miniature
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.