[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the legal consequences of putting a gun to my head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What would be the legal consequences of putting a gun to my head and threatening to kill myself if I was in a confrontational situation?
>>
>>34420366
Involuntary commital to a psychiatric facility
>>
>>34420413
This and all guns you owned would be confiscated.
>>
>>34420413
>>34420423

Would I be charged with anything by the police?
>>
>>34420451
what's the charge of 11 9mm hollowpoints
>>
>>34420451
yes.

There is always consequences. Threatening suicide is a terrible decision. Either do it, or don't mention it.
>>
>>34420366
Threat to kill?

Suicide is a crime in many jurisdictions, so threatening to do it is probably technically a crime.

They could charge you with reckless endangerment, depending on the precise definitions where you are, or attempted murder (self) or attempted suicide or various public order offences.
>>
>>34420366
Like was said, involuntary commitment to a psych ward. That's a question on when buying a gun.

Also depending on your state, it could be the end of you owning guns.
>>
>>34422254
But realistically he would always be sentenced leniently by the judge and put in a mental facility
>>
>>34422254
reckless endangerment, yes, but suicide itself isnt illegal. You dont go to jail for attempted suicide. Assisted suicide is illegal though.
>>
>>34420366
Well the immediate consequence might be the person tells you to fucking do it. Then while you're blubbering they snatch the damn gun
>>
>>34420366
A real hardass of a DA could probably charge you with hostage taking/kidnapping but they'd likely never stick.
>>
Have guns taken away and sent to psych ward and forcibly restrained/diapered
>>
>>34420366
>Gun out
>Not expecting to be immediately shot by the police when they show up

An officer legally ghosting you is the most likely legal consequence. If you are very lucky(?) and as pale as the EGS, then maybe this >>34423818
>>
>>34420366
>What would be the legal consequences of putting a gun to my head and threatening to kill myself if I was in a confrontational situation?

Death. You have a gun in your hand and are a threat in a confrontational situation any sane cop will quite correctly mag dump into you so he gets to go home after work.
>>
ITT: Law and Order, Special Needs Unit
>>
File: Rick_Ashley_17.jpg (159KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
Rick_Ashley_17.jpg
159KB, 620x827px
>>
>>34420451

yes just because you pulled the gun out means you threatened the other person

pointing it at your own fucked up head is irrelevant

please do this and also pull the trigger\

thanks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.